Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

100 Goals conceded in the last 50 league games would you believe!

+6
bwfc71
LeedsWanderer
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Keegan
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We've let in 100 goals in the 50 games since the Stoke semi - quite unforgivable really. It means we start every game on average needing to score THREE goals in every game just to win!

Wouldn't it be easier to stop the two goals being scored against us than having to score three in every game we play because he simply can't organise our defence???

I'm mean this is over FIFTY games - not just a bad run over the last couple of months or so but since APRIL 2011

Coyle is fucking clueless - he really is - why the fuck is he still here?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Setting even more records, I guess.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprised? No.

What does surprise me is not recognising the problem and doing something about it for so long. Sure we've had bad luck with injuries and Cahill going etc, but there has been very little experimentation to resolve the issue. When Ricketts and Knight were partnered thay did pretty well, but that was abandoned for some reason. My current preference would be 3 CBs - Wigan did it successfully last season and it painted over the cracks for a while and Caldwell who is as slow as carthorse suddenly looked genius. With 3 CBs it allows the FBs to get forward more, so the attack wouldn't be especially weakened by the move - which I think is OCs dilemma.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Surprised? No.

What does surprise me is not recognising the problem and doing something about it for so long. Sure we've had bad luck with injuries and Cahill going etc, but there has been very little experimentation to resolve the issue. When Ricketts and Knight were partnered thay did pretty well, but that was abandoned for some reason. My current preference would be 3 CBs - Wigan did it successfully last season and it painted over the cracks for a while and Caldwell who is as slow as carthorse suddenly looked genius. With 3 CBs it allows the FBs to get forward more, so the attack wouldn't be especially weakened by the move - which I think is OCs dilemma.

I agree with this. We could play 5 at the back and drop Mavies and I don't think it would have a negative impact on our attacking options.

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

This does Surprise me I really thought it would have been more.
I am sick of going to games feeling we can do this and as soon as the team sheet is announced feeling like shit knowing we are in for a hard time.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No way am I going to defend Coyle, as his time is up and needs to go. But out of just pure interest more than anything else, how many goals have we scored over the same number of games.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc71 wrote:No way am I going to defend Coyle, as his time is up and needs to go. But out of just pure interest more than anything else, how many goals have we scored over the same number of games.

And who scored them?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

but it leads to exciting attacking open football....

from the opponents.

maybe thats what Coyle meant when he said he'd bring excitement back to the reebok.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:but it leads to exciting attacking open football....

from the opponents.

maybe thats what Coyle meant when he said he'd bring excitement back to the reebok.

I'm sick of your negativity.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:but it leads to exciting attacking open football....

from the opponents.

I'm sick of your negativity.

shouldn't you be ladling out the cheer at the soup kitchen?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Wednesdays & Sundays.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Wednesdays & Sundays.

Wednesday on Saturday.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

bwfc71 wrote:...how many goals have we scored over the same number of games.

Just 60 - so much for the attacking football theory!

Played 50, won 13, drawn 7, lost THIRTY!!!, goals for 60, goals against 100.

Average points per game 0.92 or 35 points over a 38 game premier league season - we were actually relegated with 36 points.

(In fact the 'relegation form' dates back to the 29th December 2010 when we lost to Chelsea - almost 21 months ago!)

jonnycooper

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:We've let in 100 goals in the 50 games since the Stoke semi - quite unforgivable really. It means we start every game on average needing to score THREE goals in every game just to win!

Wouldn't it be easier to stop the two goals being scored against us than having to score three in every game we play because he simply can't organise our defence???

I'm mean this is over FIFTY games - not just a bad run over the last couple of months or so but since APRIL 2011

Coyle is fucking clueless - he really is - why the fuck is he still here?

...................................................................thanks for this post..I had no idea we,d conceded a ton in last 50 games but those statistics clearly point out where the problem lies.yet nothing seems to be done to sort it........................Ohh for 2 clean sheets in a row.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum