Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

151Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Sun Sep 13 2020, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If you wore pants for a change you could keep it in your pocket.

152Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Wed Sep 16 2020, 23:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:If you wore pants for a change you could keep it in your pocket.
Look, I'm 67, sometimes I forget to put them on. It happens.

I'm now getting emails saying I've got a pm in my inbox, but when I log in, there's nothing there. What's that all about.
Is it a conspiracy? I demand answers.

153Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 00:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:rofl:

154Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 08:30

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Morning, Mr. Bonce. I notced that on another thread you described Lineker and Shearer as "dull as ditch water".  I've always used the term "dull as dishwater". Are both in common usage or am I just plain wrong?! 

 (Silly aside:-Boris talked about "lying dead in a d....h" No ambguity there....his tubby torso wouldn't fit in a dish.....)

155Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 09:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Morning, Mr. Bonce. I notced that on another thread you described Lineker and Shearer as "dull as ditch water".  I've always used the term "dull as dishwater". Are both in common usage or am I just plain wrong?! 

 (Silly aside:-Boris talked about "lying dead in a d....h" No ambguity there....his tubby torso wouldn't fit in a dish.....)
Morning mate. Just had a quick google, and 'ditchwater' has been in use since the 1700's. I've used dishwater myself in the past though.
I always used the word 'settee' as a kid, but for some reason, unknown to me, since the 70's I've been using 'sofa'.
Words and phrases seem to come and go. I've always been puzzled by, 'well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs'.

156Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 10:29

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
What about "by and large"?....makes no sense at all....

157Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 10:40

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:
Morning mate. Just had a quick google, and 'ditchwater' has been in use since the 1700's. I've used dishwater myself in the past though.
I always used the word 'settee' as a kid, but for some reason, unknown to me, since the 70's I've been using 'sofa'.
Words and phrases seem to come and go. I've always been puzzled by, 'well, I'll go to the foot of our stairs'.
Ever heard the phrase, 'go and run a duck up Daubhill'?  Or are you too young, Boncey?

158Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 11:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Ever heard the phrase, 'go and run a duck up Daubhill'?  Or are you too young, Boncey?
I'm pretty old. I can vaguely remember the Majestic Cinema, but I can't remember hearing that phrase.

159Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 12:30

Ten Bobsworth


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@boltonbonce wrote:
I'm pretty old. I can vaguely remember the Majestic Cinema, but I can't remember hearing that phrase.
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10948855.the-golden-age-of-boltons-cinemas/



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu Sep 17 2020, 12:46; edited 1 time in total

160Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 12:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street the, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.
We lived in Georgina street. I think Wessy lived close by too. We moved to Farnworth when I was five.

161Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 16:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Remember this?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 02eb8ec799ba7f5b1731934730e40bcd

162Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 17:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Remember this?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 02eb8ec799ba7f5b1731934730e40bcd
My mate was a good roller skater and we went on Saturday mornings I seem to remember. I'll never forget him showing off to the girls in a race that he was winning by miles skating backwards and crashing and burning spectacularly. Cock.

163Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 18:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Tha's nobbut a lad, Boncey, but the phrase was in schoolboy usage in Bolton in the 50's. Basically it meant 'get lost'.
Daubhill was pronounced Dobble. There were two cinemas 'up Dobble', the Majestic on St Helens Road and further up on Derby Street, the Tivoli, pronounced Tiv-olly.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10948855.the-golden-age-of-boltons-cinemas/
I remember watching "Zulu" at the Queens at the bottom of Trinity St and coming out itching all over. It really was a fleapit.

164Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 Empty Re: Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI on Thu Sep 17 2020, 18:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
I remember watching "Zulu" at the Queens at the bottom of Trinity St and coming out itching all over. It really was a fleapit.
The last time I went to the pictures was to watch Star Trek: The Wrath Of Khan, in Walkden. Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
They say a picture says a thousand words...

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VI - Page 6 33356976-8749071-image-a-16_1600464542277

This was taken in Newcastle this evening.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Brothers clown

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@BoltonTillIDie wrote:Brothers clown

Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum