Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Newport

+13
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
sunlight
Norpig
observer
wessy
bryan458
Sluffy
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 13:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

These look a decent side, they do tend to go route one, and with our dodgy defence I can only see another defeat.

1-2

2Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get dicked 0-3.

Evans will claim we were magnificent.

3Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just started a thread as well but Martin beat me to it! 

I'm going for a 1-1 draw just out of sheer optimism but it will be tough as Newport have started off well this season

4Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 13:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wonder if Dean Christopher Holdsworth, former BWFC favourite, allegedly, and former manager of Newport County will be watching with interest.

Anyone who likes to 'follow the money' might be interested to know where the £150K Ken Anderson spent to keep BWFC afloat in September 2017 ended up, can find out in Quantuma's Progress report on the liquidation of Sports Shield BWFC, filed this week:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It wasn't actually Ken's money, it was the club's, but that's just another episode never decently covered or explained by the Beeno, the ST, Kieran Maguire or anyone  else, so far as I can see. But it was highly relevant.

Anyway 'in bocca al lupo' tomorrow, as  they say in Palermo. I expect some of 'em might have had summat else to say about the London based group that arrived at Palermo FC in 2018.

5Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 15:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1-3

Bolton manager ( can't remember his name) can see big improvement and hopes that one day soon we will get a draw.

That point will kick start our season.

6Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 15:39

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another loss!

7Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 23:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 23:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs. Newport County

Wanderers return to Sky Bet League Two action tomorrow afternoon with a fixture against Newport County at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Aiming to put their first points on the board, Ian Evatt’s men will go head to head with Michael Flynn’s side who have had a positive start to the campaign with four points from six and a run to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup for the first time.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: ‘Newport have started well. I know their manager well. I had a year with Flynny (Michael Flynn) at Blackpool, he’s done an excellent job.

‘For me it’s not about them it’s about what we do. That’s the path we’re on and the process we’re going down. If we can perform to the capabilities we showed for long spells at Colchester and in training this week then we’ll win.’

Michael Flynn: ‘It’ll be good to visit the (University of Bolton) stadium. I never played there before and hopefully we can go and pick up the three points.

‘It’ll be a tough game. It’s about the players and what they do on the pitch. If they can keep up their good form then we’ll give them a good game.’

How to watch:

Wanderers season ticket holders will be able to watch the game FREE of charge on via iFollow BWFC. Click here for more information.

If you aren’t a season ticket holder, you will also be able to watch the game by purchasing a Match Pass for just £10. Click here to buy your match pass today.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Ian Evatt confirmed that Antoni Sarcevic and Shaun Miller are nearing a return to action but the weekend’s fixture will likely come too early for the duo, with next week’s away clash against Harrogate a more realistic return date.

Dennis Politic as we know is a long-term absentee with Muhammadu Faal likely to continue his spell on the sidelines also.

Michael Flynn is said to have no new injury concerns coming into the weekend’s fixture against Wanderers with a largely fit squad to choose from ahead of their long trip north from South Wales.

Bookies Odds:

Bolton win: 13/10

Draw: 23/10

Newport win: 19/10

Correct as of 25/09/2020 (4.30pm) on skybet.com

Form:

Wanderers come into the match still in search for their first points of the 2020/21 campaign. The performance at Colchester last weekend was notably improved from the opening day defeat against Forest Green Rovers and Ian Evatt will be hoping for further improvement and three points this weekend.

County have picked up four points from their first two league matches with a draw at Scunthorpe United followed by a narrow home victory against newly-promoted Barrow. Meanwhile, the club have embarked on a run to the fourth round of the Carabao Cup which has seen them defeat Swansea City, Cambridge United and Watford.

Last time out:

The two clubs haven’t met since Newport’s expulsion from the Football League and subsequent reformation in the late 1980s, but the prior to those events the club last met at Burnden Park in April 1988.

In a Fourth Division clash and with Wanderers heading for promotion back to the third tier at the first time of asking, Phil Neal’s side put six past County with John Thomas scoring a hat-trick as Trevor Morgan, Mark Winstanley and Steven Thompson also found the net.

Match Officials:

Referee: Christopher Sarginson.

Assistant Referees: Garry Maskell and Billy Smallwood.

Fourth Official: Steven Copeland.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Fri Sep 25 2020, 23:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyway 'in bocca al lupo' tomorrow, as  they say in Palermo. I expect some of 'em might have had summat else to say about the London based group that arrived at Palermo FC in 2018.
In bocca al lupo? Italian isn't my best language but I know that's the phrase that comes from the Italian theatre to wish a performer good luck - which roughly translates as "break a leg". 
Unfortunate choice of phrase in the Newport context given what happened to CYL?

Another of many reasons why we've got to win this game

10Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 08:02

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
In bocca al lupo? Italian isn't my best language but I know that's the phrase that comes from the Italian theatre to wish a performer good luck - which roughly translates as "break a leg". 
Unfortunate choice of phrase in the Newport context given what happened to CYL?

Another of many reasons why we've got to win this game
It doesn't roughly translate as 'break a leg'. The literal translation is 'in the wolf's mouth' but it means 'good luck' (implying you just might need it).

11Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 12:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
It doesn't roughly translate as 'break a leg'. The literal translation is 'in the wolf's mouth' but it means 'good luck' (implying you just might need it).

In bocca al lupo (pronounced [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; lit. "into the wolf's mouth") is an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] originally used in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to wish a performer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] prior to a performance. The standard response is crepi il lupo! (IPA: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; "may the wolf die") or, more commonly, simply crepi! ("may it die").
Equivalent to the English [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s idiom [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the expression reflects a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in which wishing a person "good luck" is considered bad luck.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The expression is commonly used in Italy off stage, as superstitions and customs travel through other professions and then into common use, and it can sometimes be heard outside of Italy.

12Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 12:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:

In bocca al lupo (pronounced [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; lit. "into the wolf's mouth") is an [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] originally used in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to wish a performer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] prior to a performance. The standard response is crepi il lupo! (IPA: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; "may the wolf die") or, more commonly, simply crepi! ("may it die").
Equivalent to the English [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]'s idiom [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the expression reflects a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in which wishing a person "good luck" is considered bad luck.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The expression is commonly used in Italy off stage, as superstitions and customs travel through other professions and then into common use, and it can sometimes be heard outside of Italy.
Say 'crepi' with a South African accent and it sums up the Wanderers results so far this season!
Here's hoping for better today.

13Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 14:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 new players on the bench!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of either of them.

15Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

16Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 16:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bloody hell I was looking forward so much to this season with such great hopes!

We've even been knocked off the top of the Coronavirus league table by of all places Burnley now!!!

17Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 16:56

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They need to get a defence coach,  A retired ex-player who knows the ropes, to teach them over and over every day how to defend.

18Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 16:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shit that was!

19Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:They need to get a defence coach,  A retired ex-player who knows the ropes, to teach them over and over every day how to defend.
Build the wall!

...and get the pie eaters to pay for it.

20Bolton 0-2 Newport Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Newport Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WHY DO EXPERIENCED PLAYERS NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO PLAY THE FCUKING GAME!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum