Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Antoni Sarcevic ahead of schedule on return from injury

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers skipper Antoni Sarcevic is making a better than expected recovery from injury.

The midfielder was ruled out of last Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Colchester amid talk he could be on the sidelines for around a month, the nature of the problem not having been disclosed.

But Ian Evatt hopes to have his captain, and striker Shaun Miller, back in time for the trip to Harrogate on October 3.

“Antoni Sarcevic and Shaun Miller are back on the grass,” the head coach said at his press conference ahead of Saturday’s meeting with Newport.

“I would think they would be available for next weekend.

“Obviously that’s good news and if we can get one or two in the building as well the squad is looking more complete and we have some good competition for places.

“Antoni is a determined fit lad and he hates being injured, which he should.

“He’s worked his socks of his week in the fitness room and in the gym and it was great to see him on the grass with Shaun Miller.

“If all goes to plan he will be back in full training on Thursday next week and possibly be available for the Harrogate game.”

Evatt admits that the break from football and the condensed campaign means injuries are more likely.

“As head coach I want all of my players available all of the time and then it gives me a headache and it’s down to me to make the right call on selection,” he said.

“We’re obviously going to pick up injuries with the lockdown situation, the condensed season, the slow recovery between games.

“We’re going to get them and we have to adapt and overcome. But if players can adapt quickly and be back sooner rather than later then it’s good for us.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two games in, with 7 days break in between?

The poor lambs, it must be awful being a professional "footballer".

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum