Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC

+11
Sluffy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
luckyPeterpiper
sunlight
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 14:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Yay! Santos is starting!
Nightmare.

42Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 14:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gone back to a back 3?

43Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 14:45

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WAITROSE just arrived, just in time before match.

44Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 14:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preparing to wash my hair.

45Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe we have won!

Did you have a good blow dry Nat?

46Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A win at last and (thankfully) no last minute screw-ups. I don't know if this will kick start us to climb up the league but it's certainly made my weekend much happier.

47Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great to have a win at last

48Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We looked much better today and all the players who came in did well especially Mascoll and Delaney. Nervy end to the game but it wouldn't be Bolton if we didn't do that.

Lets hope this kick starts our season.

49Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seemed as if they'd been drilled to stop goals. The press out of possession was non-existent and sitting back trying to absorb pressure is hard to watch but it worked - just. It's a long way from the expansive football we were promised but needs must.
Slightly worried about the lack of quality in passing and that wasn't helped by lack of movement - apart from Doyle who was doing his best despite being isolated for long periods.
A long way to go if we are to be challengers.

50Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree.

Doyle and The Dolphin need to develope a better understanding.

51Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 18:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was washing my hair.

52Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 18:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I was washing my hair.

Did you enjoy your blow dry or was it a blowjob you got?

53Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 18:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Harrogate Town 1-2 Bolton Wanderers

Goals from Eoin Doyle and Nathan Delfouneso gave Bolton Wanderers the victory against Harrogate Town at Doncaster’s Keepmoat Stadium.

Doyle gave Wanderers and early lead with his first league goal for the club, before fellow striker Delfouneso doubled the lead inside the second-half.

Although Thomson pulled a goal back to half the hosts’ deficit, Wanderers held firm to pick up the three points from their travels.

Head Coach Ian Evatt made five changes from Wanderers’ previous outing against Newport County as they took on Harrogate Town for the very first meeting between these two teams.

Ryan Delaney, Harry Brockbank, Antoni Sarcevic, Andrew Tutte and Jamie Mascoll all came in for George Taft, Jak Hickman, Brandon Comley, Tom White and Liam Gordon.

A bright attacking start from Wanderers saw them win a corner inside two minutes after Gethin Jones’ cross was deflected behind.

Ali Crawford’s corner was cleared but not before Wanderers’ earned another immediately afterwards when Nathan Delfouneso’s cross was charged down.

At the other end, Jones was handily placed to clear off his own line after Ryan Fallowfield whipped in a cross that was met by the head off George Thomson.

Wanderers had a let off when Aaron Martin’s header off Fallowfield’s cross hit the foot of Billy Crellin’s right hand stick.

Delfouneso was unfortunate not to break the deadlock when he got on the end of Jones’ cross after the Welshman was found superbly by Crawford’s defence-splitting pass. The big striker’s well-struck effort cannoned off a defender to go behind for a corner.

From Crawford’s resulting corner, Doyle lost his marker to the steer the ball home for his first league goal in a Wanderers’ shirt.

Moments later and Doyle almost grabbed his second but a last ditch attempt by Dan Jones blocked the Irishman’s effort.

Tutte then had a shot charged down as Wanderers looked to capitalise on their opener.

Wanderers were on fire and looking to increase their lead to maintain the momentum they had gathered in the opening stages.

Doyle’s looped header went over and it seemed only a matter of time before Wanderers grabbed another.

Santos went on a rampaging run, taking the ball out of defence and charging 40 yards. His attempted pass to put Crawford on goal was miscued.

Crellin made an important save to palm away a close-range powerful drive from Calvin Miller as Harrogate proved to be an attacking threat.

With five minutes of the half remaining, Wanderers lost the services of Jones who limped off with what appeared to be a foot injury. Jak Hickman came on for the wing-back in a like-for-like swap.

Crawford’s free-kick over on the right hand side passed through a sea of players with Delaney only inches away from connecting at the far post.

No changes were made by either side during the break.

Hickman recovered well after he lost possession but it was at the expense of a corner which Crellin punched away.

Wanderers increased their lead on 57 minutes thanks to Delfouneso who was set up by a great ball from fellow front man Doyle. The striker kept his composure to loft the ball over Cracknell for a great finish.

Thomson pulled a goal back for the hosts four minutes later when he slotted the ball past Crellin after Wanderers failed to clear a cross from the right hand side.

Evatt made his second change with 20 minutes remaining with Gordon coming on for the impressive Mascoll.

Cracknell made hard work of a Sarcevic volley as the Wanderers captain looked to restore Wanderers’ two-goal advantage.

Wanderers’ third and final substitution came after 76 minutes with Comley replacing the hard working Tutte.

Harrogate: Belshaw, Fallowfield, Hall, Smith, Jones, Thomson, Falkingham, Kirby, Miller (Walker 69), Martin (Kiernan 56), Beck (Stead 76).

Unused Subs: Cracknell, Burrell, Kerry.

Bolton: Crellin, Jones (Hickman 42), Brockbank, Almeida Santos, Delaney, Mascoll (Gordon 72), Tutte (Comley 76), Sarcevic, Crawford, Delfouneso, Doyle.

Unused Subs: Taft, White, Darcy, Gnahoua.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

54Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 19:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't know what game you were watching Wander, but it wasn't the same one as me.
I know I'm the optimist, and your the pessimist, ya miserable git, but I genuinely thought we played well. Our passing wasn't as bad as you make out, in fact it was pretty good. As I predicted a couple of games ago, Santos will get better, as he played well today. I'm assuming he's only been following instructions.
Excellent performance by Crawford, and the steadying hand of Sarcevic was obvious.
the only player that scares me, is Crellin. he pisses about in the goal area, his distribution isn't the best, (even though he only kicks it about 20 feet), and I really don't have a lot of trust in his goalkeeping at all. No doubt he will improve. He improved by 100% when he started putting the ball to midfield instead of his defence.
All-in-all, a good performance, and a deserved win. Lets not forget Harrogate hadn't lost before today, and they are a really well organised team. We won a hard game.

55Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 19:56

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The good things first We scored two, it should have been three, if Doyle passes to Crawford he scores.
Doyle looks classy at this level, Fonzo has a nice touch, I expect the captain to get better and better.
The whole team battled, Delaney defended well, Tutte put a shift in, Santos for all his faults is pretty good on the ball for such a big guy. We improved all over the park.

On the other hand for over an hour Harrogate out played us in terms of possession and time on the ball, without creating to many chances, Considering the height in the team we are very poor in the air, every set piece and corner, the keeper does not command his box and flaps at crosses, I think his biggest strength is that he is good with the ball at is feet, but he still scares you to death. I always feel we will concede. 

I am amazed that any manager would choose to go with a kid in goal, he's not ready and neither is Alexander we need an experienced keeper other than Gilkes.

Last edited by wessy on Sun Oct 04 2020, 11:24; edited 1 time in total

56Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 20:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I agree with that Wessy. They did outplay us for quite a while, but having said that, they are a very good team, and I still believe we held our own for all the possession they had,(60-40 I believe). For the first time, we saw all the players performing, in all the areas of the park. A good sign.

57Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sat Oct 03 2020, 22:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

58Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sun Oct 04 2020, 11:25

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:I agree with that Wessy. They did outplay us for quite a while, but having said that, they are a very good team, and I still believe we held our own for all the possession they had,(60-40 I believe). For the first time, we saw all the players performing, in all the areas of the park. A good sign.
Yep spot on.

59Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sun Oct 04 2020, 11:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We were the better team in the first half and they were better in the second half. A draw would have been a fair result.  Having said that very happy to have all three points.  We looked better all around and that's a good sign.
One thing I never want to see again is not having a goalkeeper on the bench. Not sure if I ever saw that before....anyhow COYWM.

60Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Harrogate Town 1-2 BWFC Sun Oct 04 2020, 11:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:The good things first We scored two, it should have been three, if Doyle passes to Crawford he scores.
Doyle looks classy at this level, Fonzo has a nice touch, I expect the captain to get better and better.
The whole team battled, Delaney defended well, Tutte put a shift in, Santos for all his faults is pretty good on the ball for such a big guy. We improved all over the park.

On the other hand for over an hour Harrogate out played us in terms of possession and time on the ball, without creating to many chances, Considering the height in the team we are very poor in the air, every set piece and corner, the keeper does not command his box and flaps at crosses, I think his biggest strength is that he is good with the ball at is feet, but he still scares you to death. I always feel we will concede. 

I am amazed that any manager would choose to go with a kid in goal, he's not ready and neither is Alexander we need an experienced keeper other than Gilkes.
Glos wrote:I don't know what game you were watching Wander, but it wasn't the same one as me.
I was watching the same one as Wessy mate Smile
Only in my game they hit the post early doors, should have had a pen and had a few chances.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum