Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 49 of 50]

961How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 17:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't usually follow stuff much on twitter apart mainly from BWFC or other major sporting events but this tweet caught my eye and gave me a chuckle!

Fwiw I've not even bothered to watch the tweet - it was just the comment that made me laugh!

962How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 17:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Far left loonies'? Pretty rich coming from Guido.

963How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 20:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sorry Sluffy, but you really are an arrogant sod.
I was, and am I suppose, a strong Tory voter, however, this current party is in no way upholding the Tory principles or ideals that are in any way complimentary to the history of the Party.
I also believe you have gone down the same road as a lot of the press, believing it to be acceptable to not just disagree with people on your forum, but to continue to harangue them at every opportunity, quite often on what appears to be a whim, sometimes because you just don't agree with them.
God help us if you manage to take control of an even bigger media outlet.
Nothing personal, but I don't like being dismissed out of hand, and spoken down to.

964How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 20:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but you really are an arrogant sod.
I was, and am I suppose, a strong Tory voter, however, this current party is in no way upholding the Tory principles or ideals that are in any way complimentary to the history of the Party.
I also believe you have gone down the same road as a lot of the press, believing it to be acceptable to not just disagree with people on your forum, but to continue to harangue them at every opportunity, quite often on what appears to be a whim, sometimes because you just don't agree with them.
God help us if you manage to take control of an even bigger media outlet.
Nothing personal, but I don't like being dismissed out of hand, and spoken down to.
I think both main parties are at a bit of a crossroads, and I'm worried for both. I had, still have, Tory friends, and although I've had, many times, to question a lot of their policy ideas, I've never once had to question their integrity. We'd go at it full pelt over a couple of beers, but always ended the evening with a laugh, usually about my dress sense. They were/are on the wrong side politically, but I consider them all bloody good eggs, who want, like me, the best for the country. 
I'm seeing a lot of bad eggs at the moment, and both parties need, as Bob might say, 'to get their thinking heads on'.
Too much hate, too much twitter, too much posturing. We should be better than that.

965How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 21:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but you really are an arrogant sod.
I was, and am I suppose, a strong Tory voter, however, this current party is in no way upholding the Tory principles or ideals that are in any way complimentary to the history of the Party.
I also believe you have gone down the same road as a lot of the press, believing it to be acceptable to not just disagree with people on your forum, but to continue to harangue them at every opportunity, quite often on what appears to be a whim, sometimes because you just don't agree with them.
God help us if you manage to take control of an even bigger media outlet.
Nothing personal, but I don't like being dismissed out of hand, and spoken down to.

Sorry Glos, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about???

What bigger media outlet am I looking to manage?

Why do the press believe it to be acceptable for me to disagree with people on a forum?

What people am I apparently supposed to be haranguing on a whim???

If posting facts makes someone an "arrogant sod", then I must be one then - because that's all that I basically do.

Fwiw I've strongly suspect for a number of years that you are being wound up by others to get incensed about me and vent your spleen - whilst they laugh at you and the trouble it causes - but that's your naivety and problem if they are, not mine.

At the end of the day this is an internet site, and I would take with a very large pinch of salt what anyone says on it (or from it, if they contact you by other means!) and that includes me.

I am not a troll or a keyboard warrior, and I consistently tell the truth and play fair with everyone (even those I know with their own little internet grudges they carry against me) - but even then I'd prefer you or anyone else not to take my words at face value and check them out yourself first - because if you take my words at face value then you will be taking other peoples words at face value and its quite apparent on here that not everyone always speaks the truth.

This site is a piddly little social media forum, it has what, twenty people at the most who one can be seen as regular posters - it was set up as a bit of fun and not meant to be taken too seriously - but some folks idea of fun is to play and manipulate others.

If you think (or others have put in your mind) that I'm the bad guy on here, then that's up to you if you choose to believe that.

And if you consider this and my previous posts to be talking down to you then I'm sorry you see it that way because all I'm doing is telling it like it is.

Anyway I do hope you are in good health and that you and yours stay safe.

That after all is real life and what goes on, on here most definitely isn't - and should be treated as such - and not get all needlessly worked up about.



966How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 21:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I think both main parties are at a bit of a crossroads, and I'm worried for both. I had, still have, Tory friends, and although I've had, many times, to question a lot of their policy ideas, I've never once had to question their integrity. We'd go at it full pelt over a couple of beers, but always ended the evening with a laugh, usually about my dress sense. They were/are on the wrong side politically, but I consider them all bloody good eggs, who want, like me, the best for the country. 
I'm seeing a lot of bad eggs at the moment, and both parties need, as Bob might say, 'to get their thinking heads on'.
Too much hate, too much twitter, too much posturing. We should be better than that.

Well said Bonce.

It's refreshing to see someone post anything about politics on here in a rational and sensible manner and not suckered in to the nonsensical bullshit that people believe from reading social media.

Unfortunately the world has changed from our days and mass manipulation and political propaganda is now openly done on social media and the majority of people buy into it without a second thought because it is reinforcing what they want to believe whether their politics are to the left or right of centre.

Even my own daughter was telling me the other day of Tory sleaze and corruption yet couldn't answer me when I asked the simple question of what specific cases do you know where this has happened?

It's how society works these days - people are too busy/lazy/trusting/stupid/uneducated/naive/blinkered/biased/prejudiced/want to be part of the crowd/or whatever it is they are, and simply believe what is said on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or whatever it is they go on these days.

As I've said many times on here before, there are only two rules in politics, 1 - to gain power and 2 - to keep hold of it thereafter.

If you just keep those two rules in your head it will explain nearly everything you see happening in politics - both on an individual level (Boris - a pro EU politician, leading the 'Leave' campaign to better position himself with the Conservative Eurosceptic MP's for an intended later tilt at leading the Conservative party - and Burnham raising his profile by defying the local lockdown in Manchester, in order to better position himself as a future Labour leader) and also on a national basis (the Conservatives pumping money into the northern seats they won to hopefully influence the residents to continue voting Tory at the next election - and Labour pushing the sleaze and cronyism angle to make people believe "industrial scale" corruption is happening at that voters will not vote Conservative because of this in the future.

It's all a big game really and they are all as bad as each other in my book and that's why I don't support any party and try to put people right on here when clearly they believe any old bollocks as long as it supports the party they do and pisses on the party they don't!

Politics isn't about what's best for the country, politics is all about obtaining power and holding on to it.

967How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 22:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Cummings said today concerning the antics a few days after the election. 'It's politics'.

Sadly, for us, it is.

968How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 22:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy wrote:

Sorry Glos, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about???

What bigger media outlet am I looking to manage?

Why do the press believe it to be acceptable for me to disagree with people on a forum?

What people am I apparently supposed to be haranguing on a whim???

If posting facts makes someone an "arrogant sod", then I must be one then - because that's all that I basically do.

Fwiw I've strongly suspect for a number of years that you are being wound up by others to get incensed about me and vent your spleen - whilst they laugh at you and the trouble it causes - but that's your naivety and problem if they are, not mine.

At the end of the day this is an internet site, and I would take with a very large pinch of salt what anyone says on it (or from it, if they contact you by other means!) and that includes me.

I am not a troll or a keyboard warrior, and I consistently tell the truth and play fair with everyone (even those I know with their own little internet grudges they carry against me) - but even then I'd prefer you or anyone else not to take my words at face value and check them out yourself first - because if you take my words at face value then you will be taking other peoples words at face value and its quite apparent on here that not everyone always speaks the truth.

This site is a piddly little social media forum, it has what, twenty people at the most who one can be seen as regular posters - it was set up as a bit of fun and not meant to be taken too seriously - but some folks idea of fun is to play and manipulate others.

If you think (or others have put in your mind) that I'm the bad guy on here, then that's up to you if you choose to believe that.

And if you consider this and my previous posts to be talking down to you then I'm sorry you see it that way because all I'm doing is telling it like it is.

Anyway I do hope you are in good health and that you and yours stay safe.

That after all is real life and what goes on, on here most definitely isn't - and should be treated as such - and not get all needlessly worked up about.



You're doing it again Sluffy. Talking down to me, trying to make out I don't have a mind of my own, all because I don't agree with your views. 
Nobody is influencing me, and I find that rather offensive that you say so, especially in such a condescending way.
 Lets agree to nip this in the bud, and we'll both keep our views to ourselves, especially as your immediate response to most comments seems to be to go on the attack.
And just as I was just starting to use the forum more.  Crying or Very sad

969How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 23:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep at it Glos. You're one of the good eggs. And stamped, I might add, with the little lion.

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Lion-Mark-on-egg-based-products-would-boost-sales

970How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 23:24

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:Just going out on a limb here, but what I get from HPs Post is that although all this scandal and stuff goes on with this shit show called the tory party, people are still voting for them.  All the scandal or whatever gets brushed under the carpet by a lot of media outlets so some people either don't understand it, choose to ignore it, or you get others who are just pig ignorant and think Boris is a cheeky chappy who shags about a bit.


Cheers Johnny, I couldn't have summarised what I said any better myself. Smile

I'm sure it was clear and obvious to anyone else who read it and was no big deal anyway.  ..dunno..

971How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 23:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had to laugh looking back at this headline in The Telegraph in 2019.

'It's time critics saw Boris for the Churchillian figure he is'.

972How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 23:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:You're doing it again Sluffy. Talking down to me, trying to make out I don't have a mind of my own, all because I don't agree with your views. 
Nobody is influencing me, and I find that rather offensive that you say so, especially in such a condescending way.
 Lets agree to nip this in the bud, and we'll both keep our views to ourselves, especially as your immediate response to most comments seems to be to go on the attack.
And just as I was just starting to use the forum more.  Crying or Very sad

I couldn't care less about anybody agreeing with me on social media - it is all absolutely meaningless when all said and done.

Neither do I take seriously anything said or done on it - why would I?  

Why would anyone...?

...but many folks do!

Perhaps I'm a bit blunt in how I word things, maybe some are oversensitive to what I write but if you perceive me as an arrogant, condescending, attacking, talking down to people and haranguing type sod (all of which you tell me I am in your last two posts to me on this thread!) then that's your prerogative.

I'm actually am non of those but I won't lose any sleep over you thinking that I am.

Keep safe whether you decide to continue to return to post on here more frequently or not.

Hope you do though.

973How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 20 2021, 23:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a funny old world. The last time I heard from Breadman, he was intending to join the LibDem Party.

Don't know if he went through with it, but who'd have thunk it.

974How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 00:16

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:You're doing it again Sluffy. Talking down to me, trying to make out I don't have a mind of my own, all because I don't agree with your views. 
Nobody is influencing me, and I find that rather offensive that you say so, especially in such a condescending way.
 Lets agree to nip this in the bud, and we'll both keep our views to ourselves, especially as your immediate response to most comments seems to be to go on the attack.
And just as I was just starting to use the forum more.  Crying or Very sad


So it's not just me then.   Surprised

975How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 00:28

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but you really are an arrogant sod.
I was, and am I suppose, a strong Tory voter, however, this current party is in no way upholding the Tory principles or ideals that are in any way complimentary to the history of the Party.
I also believe you have gone down the same road as a lot of the press, believing it to be acceptable to not just disagree with people on your forum, but to continue to harangue them at every opportunity, quite often on what appears to be a whim, sometimes because you just don't agree with them.
God help us if you manage to take control of an even bigger media outlet.
Nothing personal, but I don't like being dismissed out of hand, and spoken down to.

:agree: :clap:

976How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 11:17

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Presuming that we would include lying and breaking the law as examples of corrupt practices, then let's start with that £350 million a week for the NHS, breaking lockdown rules and the attempts to prorogue parliament. Plenty more daily!

977How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 13:20

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

978How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 22:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, fair response. We'll carry on as before, but remember others are sometimes right, especially me  Laughing

979How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 21 2021, 22:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, fair response. We'll carry on as before, but remember others are sometimes right, especially me  Laughing

:like: :drinks:

980How is the Tory government doing? - Page 49 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jul 22 2021, 15:31

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Well said Bonce.

It's refreshing to see someone post anything about politics on here in a rational and sensible manner and not suckered in to the nonsensical bullshit that people believe from reading social media.

Unfortunately the world has changed from our days and mass manipulation and political propaganda is now openly done on social media and the majority of people buy into it without a second thought because it is reinforcing what they want to believe whether their politics are to the left or right of centre.

Even my own daughter was telling me the other day of Tory sleaze and corruption yet couldn't answer me when I asked the simple question of what specific cases do you know where this has happened?

It's how society works these days - people are too busy/lazy/trusting/stupid/uneducated/naive/blinkered/biased/prejudiced/want to be part of the crowd/or whatever it is they are, and simply believe what is said on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram or whatever it is they go on these days.

As I've said many times on here before, there are only two rules in politics, 1 - to gain power and 2 - to keep hold of it thereafter.

If you just keep those two rules in your head it will explain nearly everything you see happening in politics - both on an individual level (Boris - a pro EU politician, leading the 'Leave' campaign to better position himself with the Conservative Eurosceptic MP's for an intended later tilt at leading the Conservative party - and Burnham raising his profile by defying the local lockdown in Manchester, in order to better position himself as a future Labour leader) and also on a national basis (the Conservatives pumping money into the northern seats they won to hopefully influence the residents to continue voting Tory at the next election - and Labour pushing the sleaze and cronyism angle to make people believe "industrial scale" corruption is happening at that voters will not vote Conservative because of this in the future.

It's all a big game really and they are all as bad as each other in my book and that's why I don't support any party and try to put people right on here when clearly they believe any old bollocks as long as it supports the party they do and pisses on the party they don't!

Politics isn't about what's best for the country, politics is all about obtaining power and holding on to it.
Now I remember why I avoid reading your posts! It was only because it was in reply to Bonce that I foolishly carried on reading. Breath-takingly misguided and overbearing.... I won't be drawn in again.

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 49 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum