Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The future of Nuts

+13
Sluffy
karlypants
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
xmiles
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
finlaymcdanger
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 15]

181The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sat Oct 17 2020, 14:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:And yet Bob scuttles about posting this on at least three threads. I suppose he couldn't be bothered posting on all of them.

Just for the record, I'm not interested in the opinion of any of you on this topic, so I don't bother reading them.'

And he accuses us of being juvenile. There's hope for you even now Bob, you scamp.
I did wonder, Boncey, whether the hidden meaning might be too subtle so I decided to chuck it in three times. You know the aphorism 'if at first you don't succeed' and all that.

182The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's almost as if Sluffy want's this forum to fail, Open your eyes and get your head out of your arse Sluffy for fucks sake and ban the real problem on here.

183The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:It's almost as if Sluffy want's this forum to fail, Open your eyes and get your head out of your arse Sluffy for fucks sake and ban the real problem on here.
Not getting your own way? Having a paddy? Diddums

184The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
The future of Nuts - Page 10 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478ca1a3b7b6f4a93dd2eeffe91a222c0996a59024&rid=giphy

185The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sun Oct 18 2020, 21:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank you to Sluffy for doing the right thing and banning ten bob. I don't know how long his ban is but i personally hope he stays away for good. If he does come back he needs to change his attitude.

Anyway back to normal for a while hopefully. Does anyone know Glos personally and can convince him to come back?

186The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Sun Oct 18 2020, 22:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Thank you to Sluffy for doing the right thing and banning ten bob. I don't know how long his ban is but i personally hope he stays away for good. If he does come back he needs to change his attitude.

Anyway back to normal for a while hopefully. Does anyone know Glos personally and can convince him to come back?
PM'd him the other day, and he was as charming and gracious as ever, but saddened by the turn of events on here.
Given some time I'm hoping he'll make a return. Hope so anyway.

187The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 09:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Thank you to Sluffy for doing the right thing and banning ten bob. I don't know how long his ban is but i personally hope he stays away for good. If he does come back he needs to change his attitude.

It may or may not have been the right thing but it was certainly the only thing I could do to break the impasse having exhausted all the other means I could think of.

It had gone beyond normal reasonable levels of social behaviour and despite numerous attempts by myself persisted into what can be seen to be deliberately posting to invoke reactions, in internet terms, trolling.

I've set the ban for a week just to mark that we couldn't go on like this but he's still welcome back if he would wish to curb the posting of his personal views of members as he has.

I'm not saying his opinion is right or wrong but merely to refrain in ceaselessly expounding them (knowing it will bring such predictable negative reactions).

I've suggested to Bob in my note accompanying the ban that he might just wish to view the forum rather than perhaps continue to tell us what he thinks of us as that would only end one way and I wouldn't wish that.

At least by not viewing and still retaining membership he does retain some privileges such as being able to see the latest new posts in a thread from the time of his last visit, access to game commentary/videos when we have them and use of the personal message service, etc.

He is more than welcome though to post normally as long as he moves on from what can only be described now as trolling (posting to elicit a reaction from others).

I think that to be fair and reasonable to everyone.

As for Glos I think we would all wish him to return, certainly I do.

188The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 09:22

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, don't you think xmiles is eligible for the same generosity of spiirit? It would allow everyone to see your magnanimous side.

189The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 09:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got to admire a man who can get the word 'diddums' into a post. I still say we're being played.
Unusual word is diddums.

190The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 09:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PM'd Bob prior to his ban. Never got back to me. scratch

191The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 10:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Sluffy, don't you think xmiles is eligible for the same generosity of spiirit? It would allow everyone to see your magnanimous side.

I repeat what I have said multiple times already and leading up to both his bans, namely that I am not here to be trolled.

I stand by all I have said about this account and as I've not heard anything back from my colleagues behind the scenes, I presume what I've told them gives them reasonable doubts about it too.

Nevertheless I will unban the account on the basis that it was not banned for being a fake (I've known that for years) but to break the impasse of the deliberate and unabated trolling of me going on for sometime and exactly the same reason why I've banned Bob for doing it towards others.

If they are unwilling to stop the trolling then there is no point them returning.

I will however withdraw this accounts pm facilities for a period until things return to normal again simply because I don't want this to fester and perpetuate behind the scenes as I'm sure it would otherwise.

Too many games have been played and we've lost Glos because of it and I wouldn't wish to lose anyone else.

I think that this is a fair and reasonable course of action to take.

It is not done to be magnanimous of me, I'm impervious to flattery and I'm not here to be liked.  

I'm not a killjoy either but one man's meat is another mans poison so to speak and sometimes the games that go on go too far and have unintended consequences.

Maybe we have now got to a position where Glos may wish to return, hope so anyway.

192The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Mon Oct 19 2020, 14:12

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

I repeat what I have said multiple times already and leading up to both his bans, namely that I am not here to be trolled.

I stand by all I have said about this account and as I've not heard anything back from my colleagues behind the scenes, I presume what I've told them gives them reasonable doubts about it too.

Nevertheless I will unban the account on the basis that it was not banned for being a fake (I've known that for years) but to break the impasse of the deliberate and unabated trolling of me going on for sometime and exactly the same reason why I've banned Bob for doing it towards others.

If they are unwilling to stop the trolling then there is no point them returning.

I will however withdraw this accounts pm facilities for a period until things return to normal again simply because I don't want this to fester and perpetuate behind the scenes as I'm sure it would otherwise.

Too many games have been played and we've lost Glos because of it and I wouldn't wish to lose anyone else.

I think that this is a fair and reasonable course of action to take.

It is not done to be magnanimous of me, I'm impervious to flattery and I'm not here to be liked.  

I'm not a killjoy either but one man's meat is another mans poison so to speak and sometimes the games that go on go too far and have unintended consequences.
1. No flattery was intended.
2. Does your post imply that admin can read pms?

193The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 00:25

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't visit the site as much as I used to but xmiles has always been one of my favourite posters and I find it unbelievable that somehow he has managed to get himself banned. Much the same with Glos. Could someone spare a couple of minutes to let me know what the hell has been going on as I can't be arsed trawling the site to find out what has been going down. Is all this a consequence of the arrival of 50p?

194The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 08:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glos just got fed up with all the arguing i think and said it wasn't fun anymore. I do hope he comes back after a break.

xmiles has been banned as Sluffy believes he is a fake account that has been trolling him for months. Can't say i agree with that to be honest as there is no definitive proof he is a fake account.

Now for the good news, ten bob has been banned for a week and will hopefully never darken our door again  Very Happy

195The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy confirmed he has unbanned Xmiles with the conditions stated on post 191

196The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sluffy confirmed he has unbanned Xmiles with the conditions stated on post 191
 Good news, hope he knows he's allowed back on if he wants to come back?

197The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:33

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Sluffy confirmed he has unbanned Xmiles with the conditions stated on post 191

So X is allowed back so long as he stops asking Sluffy to justify the accusation he's a fake account?

We all just need to take Sluffy's word for it and drop it.

198The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 10:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

So X is allowed back so long as he stops asking Sluffy to justify the accusation he's a fake account?

We all just need to take Sluffy's word for it and drop it.

You can look at it any way you want.

The account is fake in that the person behind it posts as another poster at the same time on here and I've been aware of that for years.  I have explained how I know that to the other Admin and it would appear that I have given them sufficient doubt about the account too.

I'm not prepared to divulge what my knowledge is as to why I know the account to be fake in public and which have given my colleagues reasonable doubts about it also.

The account has simply been on a mission against me for weeks and weeks now just as Bob had clearly been on his mission with his views of the members of this forum and in both cases I have tried to reason with them, find ways to move on, gave notice of what would have to happen if it didn't and ultimately banned them as a warning I was serious about the matter, and in the case of the xmiles account when it returned from the ban with a clear and deliberate agenda to troll me further no matter what, a more permanent one to put an end to it.

I, nor anyone else, are here to be deliberately trolled.

The account has again been unbanned and free to post, but if they only wish to return to continue the trolling then there is absolutely no point in them bothering.

It is as simple as that.

199The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 10:29

What possible reason could you have for not being willing to share that information and clear this up?

If you have evidence then that’s fair and I apologise to you, but as it stands it just looks like you’ve been petty banning him in the first place, and now can’t face admitting you made a mistake.

200The future of Nuts - Page 10 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 10:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Xmiles account has been reinstated that’s all you need to know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum