Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The future of Nuts

The future of Nuts

+12
karlypants
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
xmiles
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
finlaymcdanger
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

201The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 10:36

Guest


Guest

Ye given the fact he's been demanding answers on this for weeks i'm sure he'll be rushing back now he's banned from asking them.

202The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 10:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:What possible reason could you have for not being willing to share that information and clear this up?

If you have evidence then that’s fair and I apologise to you, but as it stands it just looks like you’ve been petty banning him in the first place, and now can’t face admitting you made a mistake.

You can't think whatever you want.

I try and run the forum fairly and along the way I have given others namely BTID and Karly equal rights to me in the running of the forum too, so ultimately any decisions made on here are accountable in a sort of democratic way.  I need not have done that, I could have been the sole power on here as it stood following circumstances from our foundation but that's not how I believe forums should be run.

There were concerns from the other two about this issue so I told them exactly why I knew the account to be fake and they seem to have accepted that I have indeed acted in good faith and that there are genuine reasons as to believe the person behind the xmiles account posts under one or more accounts on here also.

I've answered to the people I am accountable to on this site and given them my reasons as to why I know the account to be false.

If you don't like the way we run Nuts then go post somewhere else.

Simple.

203The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:04

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Will xmiles know he has been reinstated and the terms under which he is free to post?

204The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:35

Guest


Guest

Sluffy wrote:

If you don't like the way we run Nuts then go post somewhere else.

Simple.

Absolutely fair, it's your site and you are free to do as you wish with it. I've tried to advise you as to how you could clear this up, you are of course free to ignore that advice.

205The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Ye given the fact he's been demanding answers on this for weeks i'm sure he'll be rushing back now he's banned from asking them.

You and probably most others think I'm a complete dick but it doesn't stop you and them posting.  Is Natasha really a Business Woman of the Year from Preston, but she's still everyone's favourite poster.  Bonce talks of slippers and Bruce Forsyth but we love him, so does it really matter if an account is genuine or not?

Is anyone truly genuine on an internet forum?  Take me, in real life I wouldn't waste my time on trolls or fakes, I'd simply walkaway or avoid them, on here I have to deal with them.  Would people behave and say the same things in front of their mum, or to their boss, or someone twice their size with a swastika tattooed on their forehead - of course they wouldn't, we all are different in different circumstance - being on the internet is just another feature of our behaviour.

I don't believe much if anything I read on social media (without checking it out myself first) so what difference does it make to me if I read something from an account from someone I know is real (say someone on Facebook I used to go to school with) and someone I don't know from Adam - I treat what they say just the same.

Iles is a real person but I certainly don't believe everything he's says.

Being a real person per se doesn't give you absolute credibility, people believe whatever they want to on social media from whoever they want.

The person behind the xmiles account is real but they post from more than one account and that is why I know it to be fake.  Maybe they consider the xmiles account to be their genuine account and the other to be fake I don't know but they've clearly made it an issue on this one and simply refuse to move on from it, so much so it has led directly to now.  That was their choice to go this route, not mine.

Up to them if they want to return, maybe they've grown weary over the years of having several accounts and decided to go down in a glorious ball of flames on this one as a way out, I don't know and I don't really care.

I'm not here to be trolled by a real account or a fake one.

Nobody really cares who is behind any account anyway, I know no one on here personally and no one knows me and I'm sure that's mostly the same for all of us.

Up to the xmiles account to post if they choose to or not as I suspect most/all don't actually care if it is a fake account or not.

206The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Will xmiles know he has been reinstated and the terms under which he is free to post?

I'm sure the person behind the account knows full well.

207The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do care if there are fake accounts on here as it does make a mockery of the site if i've been talking to just a few people under different guises but i just don't get that impression from xmiles

Is it possible he was under a different name at one point then didn't post but they came back and registered under a different name? Do both of the accounts still actively post now?

Not trying to stir things up and i don't think Sluffy is a complete dick, just interested as me and xmiles have PM'd quite a few times and he has promised me he is not a fake account.

208The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 11:53

Guest


Guest

I'm not sure what point you're making there to be honest, i'm not arsed who's online persona is close to their real one, and i certainly don't think you're a dick you're clearly a good guy.

All I want to see is a forum with a wide range of opinions and views so there's plenty of interesting content.

From what I can see X's offence was to disagree with you, then suddenly the justification for him going was because he was a fake account 'playing games'.

As somebody else you've accused of 'playing games' in the past, it's incredibly frustrating and i just see it as a tactic to shut down debate.

209The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 12:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You flannel eating gobshites!
I passed 25,000 posts yesterday, and not a dickie bird out of you. Just wait until my mate Bob comes back.
I'm going to grab a pasty, and consider whether I even bother posting at all today.
Consider yourselves on the naughty step.

210The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 12:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well done on passing 25K posts Boncey  :party:

211The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 13:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP gets his own thread for nearing 30,000. My blood's boiling now. Like Nat, this could get ugly.

212The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 13:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Congratulations on the 25,000 up, here's to the next 25,000!

:drinks:

213The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 13:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:KP gets his own thread for nearing 30,000. My blood's boiling now. Like Nat, this could get ugly.
Nat is far from pleased with that comment as you can see 

The future of Nuts - Page 11 2Q==

214The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 13:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy. Don't envy you looking after this lot. You're a bit like a plate spinner at a Greek wedding.
At some point in the evening you're likely to run out of an act.
Just keep spinning. Very Happy

215The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 13:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can just see smashed plates Boncey. Very Happy

216The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 14:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You flannel eating gobshites!
I passed 25,000 posts yesterday, and not a dickie bird out of you. Just wait until my mate Bob comes back.
I'm going to grab a pasty, and consider whether I even bother posting at all today.
Consider yourselves on the naughty step.

Well done Bonce

217The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 14:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks BTID. That bastard KP is stealing my thunder. He's deliberately planned this. 

I'll have the last laugh when my Premium Bonds come up.

218The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I'm not sure what point you're making there to be honest, i'm not arsed who's online persona is close to their real one, and i certainly don't think you're a dick you're clearly a good guy.

All I want to see is a forum with a wide range of opinions and views so there's plenty of interesting content.

From what I can see X's offence was to disagree with you, then suddenly the justification for him going was because he was a fake account 'playing games'.

As somebody else you've accused of 'playing games' in the past, it's incredibly frustrating and i just see it as a tactic to shut down debate.

I've never banned anyone for disagreeing with me, otherwise you wouldn't be here would you!

The account was trolling me and simply would not stop no matter what.

No difference if you will than with Bob's determination to tell us what he thought of us, endlessly and unceasingly.

There has to be a line where that stops.

I asked nicely at first, spoke more firmly next, then gave warnings and only after then gave a ban to show I was serious about the ending of the trolling and the account came back deliberately intent to do the exactly same thing again!!!

I don't really care if he is a fake account or not, although I have compelling reasons to fully believe it is, that isn't in itself a strictly banning matter.  

I don't care if people think I was right or wrong, the issue was it wasn't going to move on from there was it, the account was clearly on a 'mission' and that mission was trolling me.

I wasn't putting up with it any differently than most of the forum having Bob 'trolling' them.

There's no difference between the two and I've acted exactly the same to both of them.

I'm on record as saying I don't believe Nuts members are as anywhere as near bad as Bob believes them to be.  Bob wasn't banned because I disagreed with him, his ban was because he did not wish to stop, exactly like the xmiles account.

The thing though is does have to stop, people don't come here to be constantly trolled and a ban is the final means of ensuring it will stop.

I didn't choose to be trolled remember.

And I'm simply not prepared to put up with it after repeated requests not to be trolled and to move on instead.

And as for you not ever playing games on here, yeah right.

If you say so...

The games are only a problem when they go too far.

It is only the internet when all said and done anyway isn't it?

219The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 14:58

Guest


Guest

I don't see what X did to you as trolling, i think his questions were justified - and the original reason for him being banned was a disagreement on an unrelated topic - much like all the times i've been banned,  and i don't see that as game playing either.

Anyway, I've said my piece on how i think this would best be resolved. And I've already said it's your site and you're free to manage it however you like.

Ultimately I have a choice whether to post here and go along with your judgements or go elsewhere. Overall i think you've done a great job on here across the last 10 years or so, and appreciate all your efforts. No hard feelings from me at all.

220The future of Nuts - Page 11 Empty Re: The future of Nuts Tue Oct 20 2020, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:I don't see what X did to you as trolling, i think his questions were justified - and the original reason for him being banned was a disagreement on an unrelated topic - much like all the times i've been banned,  and i don't see that as game playing either.

Anyway, I've said my piece on how i think this would best be resolved. And I've already said it's your site and you're free to manage it however you like.

Ultimately I have a choice whether to post here and go along with your judgements or go elsewhere. Overall i think you've done a great job on here across the last 10 years or so, and appreciate all your efforts. No hard feelings from me at all.

Well I was on the receiving end of it for weeks and I certainly did.

No hard feelings from me either.

I asked someone to put it behind them and move on and they chose not to.

Somethings got to budge one way or another and I gave them (Bob as well) first choice, and they both chose not too.

Their decision, not mine.

Does it really matter what people think of what you are on the internet or them of you...?

We are all just internet personas when all said and done, some more true to life than others.

I wouldn't expect any reasonable person to believe or even actual trust my internet persona, why should they, they only have my word to who I am and I certainly don't trust anyone else - Iles for instance who clearly has an agenda pro-Holdsworth, pro-the ST, even pro-Wheater!  No doubt he believes in what he says and does but it is clearly biased and can easily be evidenced in that he's never written a negative article about any of them yet plenty of positive ones - is any one without sin because Iles makes out these three cases certainly are!

I truly don't comprehend or understand why so many people believe social media without question?  In real life if I said stick your hand in the fire it won't hurt, how many would, yet if somebody on social media said 5G is a plan to give you Coronavirus and take over the world how many would take it as gospel, pass it on and even burn down 5G masts - plenty it seems!!!

I don't apologise for being out of step with probably most these days, nor do I apologise playing the 'game' which I think life is all about really, let alone politics or modding Nuts, in the way I do.  

I do it all in the fairest and honest a way that I know how to, we all die in the end so what's the point in lying, cheating, deceiving and whatever else people want to do with their life's on or off the forum?

I don't care what people think of me, or why they think/believe I do what I do, all I'm doing really is passing my time having a laugh with others on the forum and trying (playing opposite if that's a better way of putting it) to moderate the games of one or two who want to stir the pot to make Nuts a little bit more interesting for themselves (and many others too it would be true to add).

I don't have to do it, I don't achieve anything from it, half the time people aren't even aware of the various games until they get sucked into them.  I just do it to amuse myself and pass the time which I have a lot of.  I don't actually mind the games (I wouldn't play if I did) the problem as always is when things go too far and my challenge as such is to try to get everything back to normal again, which although I say it myself, I generally manage to do.

Am I wasting my life doing so - yes, definitely, no doubts about that but it's either that or go out and catch coronavirus and I prefer Nuts, that's all.

It's just the internet fellas and we are only here because we support a football team which lets face it is just a GAME itself when all said and done isn't it?

We just want a little bit of entertainment to pass the day away and that's really all Nuts is, isn't it?

Does anyone really take it that seriously?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum