Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Oldham

+11
Keegan
terenceanne
Cajunboy
okocha
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
bryan458
karlypants
Whitesince63
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Bolton 1-2 Oldham Wed Oct 14 2020, 17:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If we can't beat these we may as well give it up, although they do look have a good forward line, their defence looks well suspect, hoping we smash them.

4-1

2Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Thu Oct 15 2020, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-1 to the away side.

3Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Thu Oct 15 2020, 12:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Depends on whether or not Evatt can find a way of scoring goals without compromising the defence but as a guess it will be a draw.

4Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Thu Oct 15 2020, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i predict another exciting game like last week but that we score in the 90th minute with an own goal or the ball hitting one of our players in the arse or head and going in the net despite knowing nothing about it.

5Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Thu Oct 15 2020, 23:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wonder if Kioso is match fit to start? I reckon bench.
Excited again, but TBH I've been excited about most of our signings and that isn't going too great just yet is it? Surely it has to come good soon?

6Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Fri Oct 16 2020, 10:33

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I am looking forward to this game. Would have preferred it to be an away game. I hope that the team starts being exciting. They need to stop being drab. It isnt a top class football league they are playing in and so it isnt a large ask.

7Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Fri Oct 16 2020, 17:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I am looking forward to this game. Would have preferred it to be an away game. I hope that the team starts being exciting. They need to stop being drab. It isnt a top class football league they are playing in and so it isnt a large ask.
It's not a top class league, but very few of the players have much experience at a higher level apart from the old ones, and many have played at an even lower level than this. That said Evatt picked them because he believes they have potential, but they just haven't realised that potential yet.

8Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Fri Oct 16 2020, 22:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We should win this one but Oldham have proved they can score lots of goals, whilst we’ve proved we can’t. That doesn’t bode well because it’s goals that win games although that hasn’t helped Oldham so far so something has to give. Surely we can’t be as inept as last week so I’ll go for a 2-0 win to the Whites.

9Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 09:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The post has been, and my match programme hasn't arrived. bounce

10Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 10:19

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didnt know you could get a program through the post. Thats superb.

11Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 10:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:I didnt know you could get a program through the post. Thats superb.
If it turns up! The previous three arrived on time mind.

12Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 11:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 11:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton Wanderers vs Oldham Athletic

New signing Peter Kioso is set to be named in Ian Evatt’s squad for Saturday’s Sky Bet League Two game against neighbours Oldham Athletic at the University of Bolton Stadium.

The full-back signed on loan until the end of the season from Championship outfit Luton Town on Thursday evening ahead of the transfer deadline.

Wanderers will be looking to build on their recent run of a victory against Harrogate Town and last Saturday’s point against Grimsby.

Shaun Miller and Lloyd Isgrove are making good progress on their return to fitness but are unlikely to be involved against the Latics.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt:

“(Peter Kioso) is a fantastic player and I’ve lauded and chased him for a long time. He’s a young player with a hell of a lot of talent, he’ll add quality and strength in depth.

“I don’t expect any more to come in. We’ve got injured lads close to returning. Lloyd and Shaun are close and Gethin and Tom aren’t as bad as we first feared.

“We’ve looked better and we’ve not given ourselves the platform to go and in win games.

“I have a firm belief in myself and what I do. We are very early. We’ve signed 20 players and it does take time. We’re all impatient, myself included but we’ll improve as the season goes on.

“We’ve got a lot of games before Christmas but they’re opportunities for us. If you build consistency and momentum then you’ll climb up the league pretty quickly.

“The division is competitive. I think we dominated the game without hurting them on Saturday. We controlled the majority of the game we just weren’t clinical enough in the final third.

“When you’re down the bottom of the league the first goal is very important. Teams love coming to this stadium and they raise their game. We are a scalp but we’ve got to concentrate on ourselves and make sure we perform to the levels we know we can.”

Bookies Odds:

Bolton Wanderers win: 10/11

Draw: 11/4

Oldham Athletic win: 12/5

Correct as of 16/10/2020 (4:30pm) on skybet.com

Last time out:

The two clubs last met at the University of Bolton Stadium in October 2016 where a Zach Clough double gave Wanderers the three points in a Sky Bet League One encounter.

They have played each other 55 times in all competitions with Wanderers edging the head to head encounters with 27 victories to their name against Town’s 15.

Form:

Wanderers have gained four points from their last two league outings with a 2-1 win at against Harrogate Town and a goalless draw at home to Grimsby Town last weekend.

The Latics’ suffered a narrow loss to Morecambe last weekend with the Shrimpers pulling off a 3-2 victory at Boundary Park.

Prior to that they shared the points with Colchester United in a 3-3 draw at the Jobserve Community Stadium.

Match Officials:

Referee: Robert Madley

Assistant Referees: Richard Woodward and Kevin Mulraine

Fourth Official: Thomas Bramall

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 14:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[size=34]Bolton Wanderers v Oldham Athletic - League Two Matchday Live Blog[/size]
By Suzanne Geldard

Last updated: 2 mins ago

Wanderers (3-4-1-2): Crellin; Brockbank, Santos, Delaney; Kioso, Comley, Sarcevic, Gordon; Crawford; Doyle, Delfouneso
  • Subs: Hickman, Mascoll, Greenidge, Darcy, Tutte, Gnahoua, Baptiste

15Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

16Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 16:51

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Embarrassing  Mad

17Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A new low for this once great club, beaten by the bottom of league 2.

18Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:12

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is now getting embarassing, Evatt came with all the chat and most took it in, me included, still not calling for him to go, but he needs to get it sorted and quickly.

19Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:This is now getting embarassing, Evatt came with all the chat and most took it in, me included, still not calling for him to go, but he needs to get it sorted and quickly.
It's Roy of the Rovers stuff.

The Rovers Return. Two hotpots Betty.

20Bolton 1-2 Oldham Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Oldham Sat Oct 17 2020, 17:29

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This letting a goal in at the last minute and in injury time has been going on for a good decade or something now. Every team in the country knows they can score in injury time against us because we panic and shake with fear.
I hope whoever bought the club, and owns it now, didnt pay more than a quid for it and that it isnt already in debt, because if crowds were allowed to go there this season there wouldnt be very many there at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum