Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrow 3-3 Bolton

+5
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
sunlight
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 08:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Oct 20 2020, 22:35; edited 3 times in total

2Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 08:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do i waste another tenner watching this? Probably will to be honest but bake off seems more appealing  Very Happy

3Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 08:44

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In that inyerview he said that they always play to win and to attack.

4Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 08:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Do i waste another tenner watching this? Probably will to be honest but bake off seems more appealing  Very Happy

I have to admit to my shame of watching Chelsea v Southampton last Sat instead of listening to Radio Nuts and trying to find a video stream.

It made a refreshing change! Very Happy

5Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:Do i waste another tenner watching this? Probably will to be honest but bake off seems more appealing  Very Happy

I have to admit to my shame of watching Chelsea v Southampton last Sat instead of listening to Radio Nuts and trying to find a video stream.

It made a refreshing change! Very Happy

Shit fan Smile

6Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're great fans, it's a shit team  Very Happy

7Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 09:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

8Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 18:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 18:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Barrow vs. Bolton Wanderers

Wanderers are back in Sky Bet League Two action with a first ever league fixture against Barrow at the Progression Solicitors Stadium this evening.

Ian Evatt will be hoping for a fruitful return to his former club as his team look to bounce back from the weekend’s defeat to Oldham Athletic.

The last away league fixture saw Wanderers earn an excellent 2-1 victory against Harrogate Town at the Keepmoat Stadium with Eoin Doyle and Nathan Delfouneso both on the scoresheet that day.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: ‘I think we’re playing Saturday-Tuesday more or less every week up until Christmas so we’ve got games coming thick and fast. We have to keep working hard, be better than what we have been so far, be more consistent and hopefully, eventually we’ll turn it into a good run of form with some good wins.

‘We go everywhere to try and win and Tuesday will be no different. We’ll be going there to attack and hopefully get the three points. It will be a tough game. It’s a fantastic football club and I have nothing but good words to say about that place. We’ve started slowly and we need the results, so we’re going there to try and win.’

How to watch:

Wanderers supporters can watch the clash with Barrow by purchasing an iFollow BWFC video match pass for just £10, meaning despite not being able to make the trip to Cumbria, you don’t have to miss a kick.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

Ian Evatt spoke about the players currently on the sidelines and gave an update on their situation. Gethin Jones is out of his protective boot and will look to move into the next phase of his rehabilitation, whilst Lloyd Isgrove is back on the grass and may eye a return in the next couple of weeks.

Shaun Miller has had a setback on his path to a return however, so it is unlikely we’ll be seeing the Wanderers forward back in action in the next couple of weeks.

Barrow forward Courtney Baker-Richardson is yet to make his debut and won’t be doing so this evening after picking up a Hip injury in training. Lewis Hardcastle was substituted in last weekend’s defeat to Harrogate Town with an ankle injury and he is doubtful for the clash with Wanderers.

Yoan Zouma is likely to be involved against Ian Evatt’s side, with the French central defender a few weeks into his time at Barrow. Another former Wanderer who could be involved is Chris Taylor, management duo David Dunn and Rob Kelly won’t be in the dugout due to a period of Coronavirus induced self-isolation.

Bookies Odds:

Barrow win: 13/10

Draw: 5/2

Bolton win: 9/5

Correct as of 20/10/2020 (11am) on skybet.com

Form:

Wanderers go into tonight’s game on the back of a home defeat to Oldham Athletic on Saturday and will be looking for a positive response.

The last away fixture in the league saw Ian Evatt’s men defeat Harrogate Town, before they were narrowly beaten in the EFL Trophy at Shrewsbury Town a few days later.

Barrow are yet to register their first league win, although they are unbeaten on their own patch with draws against Stevenage, Colchester United, Leyton Orient and a victory against Leeds United’s Under-21s in the EFL Trophy.

Last time out:

The two sides have never gone head to head for a league fixture and have met just once before in the FA Cup in January 1991 with Wanderers registering a 1-0 victory at Burnden Park.

Match Officials:

Referee: Peter Wright

Assistant Referees: Anthony Moore and Barry Gordon

Fourth Official: Paul Marsden

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 18:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's playing on the left?

11Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 18:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live in the Portal!

12Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 21:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a comeback! An injury time goal for us for a change. It does paper over the very sloppy start we made and the strange selection from Evatt though.

Again Baptiste was awful and Comley was not far behind so them 2 need to be replaced.

Lets hope this is a turning point but next game will be very tough.

13Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 22:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Match Report: Barrow 3 - 3 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers grabbed a point right at the death after coming back twice from a two-goal deficit to draw 3-3 at Barrow.

Captain Antoni Sarcevic’s volley deep into time added on earned Ian Evatt’s men a battling point despite their hosts taking a two-goal lead inside the opening five minutes.

Goals from Chris Taylor and Mike Jones saw Barrow make an imperious start before Peter Kioso reduced arrears with his first goal in a Wanderers shirt.

A further strike by Dior Angus restored Barrow’s cushion but Eoin Doyle put Wanderers back in the game before the break.

Wanderers’ threw everything they could at the game during the second-half and showed immense character to earn the point right into time added on.

Wanderers made two changes from the game against Oldham Athletic at the University of Bolton Stadium with Arthur Gnahoua and Alex Baptiste coming in for Nathan Delfouneso and Liam Gordon.

The visitors got off to the most difficult start when former player Taylor scored directly from a free-kick 25-yards out after Brandon Comley committed a foul on Mike Jones.

Things went from bad to worse just two minutes later when Wanderers failed to clear their lines allowing Jones to rifle home a right-footer into the top-right hand corner beyond Crellin.

Wanderers pulled a goal back on 16 minutes when Kioso stooped in to head Crawford’s free-kick into the Barrow goal.

Seconds later and Wanderers won a free-kick in an identical position. Although Delaney got to Crawford’s delivery, he was unable to steer it goalwards with the ball being eventually cleared.

Barrow restored their two-goal cushion when Dior Angus fired an angled drive past Crellin after being teed up by Taylor.

Taylor almost grabbed his second after Angus drew out Crellin and cut back for the midfielder, whose effort narrowly went over the bar.

Doyle narrowed the deficit five minutes before the break when he nodded Gnaouha’s right-sided cross past Joel Dixon.

Deep into time added on towards the end of the first half, Kioso spurned a glorious opportunity to level matters when his header from a delightful Sarcevic cross went narrowly wide.

Barrow withdrew Taylor at half-time and brought on Harrison Biggins in his place.

After some good probing by Kioso the ball fell in the path of Sarcevic who managed to get a shot on target, but the ball didn’t trouble Dixon.

Wanderers earned a free-kick over on the far side after Zouma clattered in to Gnahoua. From the resulting set-piece, taken by Crawford, Doyle’s glancing header went into the arms of Dixon.

Patrick Brough’s dangerous set-piece took a deflection off the Wanderers wall to go for a corner.

Evatt made his first change when Gordon replaced Brockbank with just over a quarter of an hour to go.

Sarcevic was scythed down on the right-hand side, and Darcy’s free-kick caused problems in the Barrow box, before it was cleared for a corner as Wanderers battled for an equaliser.

Right at the death, a Gordon header was tipped away for a corner.

Darcy’s resulting corner wasn’t dealt with by the Barrow defence, and the ball broke to Sarcevic, who kept his composure to fire home an equaliser with the last kick of the game.

Bolton Wanderers:

Crellin, Almeida Santos, Delaney, Comley, Doyle, Sarcevic (c), Crawford (Darcy 80), Brockbank (Gordon 76), Gnahoua, Baptiste, Kioso

Subs Not Used: Taft, Hickman, Mascoll, Greenidge, Tutte

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 22:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Defence was shite again. 3 goals scored and another for Doyle. Was impressed with Kioso.

15Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Tue Oct 20 2020, 23:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just read Iles' player ratings :facepalm: Heaps all the blame on the defenders for the goals - and they made mistakes - but the ball shouldn't even have been there anyway if the midfield had started the game at the same time as everyone else. TBF they were much better when they decided to join in instead of giving it away in dangerous areas, not tracking runners or closing off space or any defensive midfield work to speak of.
I'm wondering if Evatt is being proactive or reactive?
E.g.
Start the season using his system but shipping goals, change it so the defence is better protected but it compromises our attack so we stop scoring then tonight trying to be more proactive - including a lot of direct long balls forward especially from Santos and playing for set pieces - but exposing the back a bit in doing so. Maybe he'll find an effective balance but again, we still looked a way off where we'd presumably like to be. Onwards and sideways!

16Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Wed Oct 21 2020, 00:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What you saw tonight were two relegation favorites IMO

Without that last gasp equalizer the whole story would be different today.

A couple of points: can somebody explain to me what Brockbank is doing on the left wing? and this lad Kioso already looks like our best player. 

Looks like its an Evatt Out !!!

17Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Wed Oct 21 2020, 09:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was pretty poor, but at 2-0 after four minutes I'd have bitten your arm off for a 3-3. Good result in the end, but only papers of the cracks that are widening by the hour.

18Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Wed Oct 21 2020, 11:14

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Been watching the whites since 63, last night was the first time i felt totally flat no joy what so ever even when we scored it just provided a quick lift.

The start obviously set the tone, i have said from day one that you MUST have an experienced keeper, was it a free kick maybe not, but the wall that he set up was inadequate you could see it offered no ptotection and he was slow to get down, the second he was like an headless chicken, at 2-0 i said to my wife these lot are as bad as us and if we score we can win this, she laughed.

We scored then shot ourselves in the foot with criminal defending / midfield cover, credit we came back and scored three goals, but if you score three you should be winning games.

So Keeper huge problem, you have to try Gilks he's the only option due to poor recruitment, the back three i think overhall Santos and Delaney are adequate the third spot ? Brockbank not convinced why the hell was he playing on the wing? Taft possibly or Greenridge who in his first game was truly awefull IF he improves like santos maybe.  Baptise should retire his experience doesn't cut it even at this level.

Comley a poor Lowe sideways or backwards huge dissapointment, The pluses are all going forward despite not clicking the Forwards can score, The new lad looks pretty decent etc we need a wide man to get some crosses in. 

I was more relieved than happy at the end i want this manager to succeed but bloody hell it's a poor poor start.

19Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Wed Oct 21 2020, 13:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So can we take "Home of the League Two 2020/21 champions" strapline off the banner yet? It's embarrassing.

20Barrow 3-3 Bolton Empty Re: Barrow 3-3 Bolton Wed Oct 21 2020, 14:40

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

it will take a miracle for us to get anything at Cambridge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum