Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson sacked by Sunderland

+2
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Phil Parkinson sacked by Sunderland Empty Phil Parkinson sacked by Sunderland Sun Nov 29 2020, 17:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland AFC has today parted company with manager Phil Parkinson.

The 52-year-old was appointed in October 2019, overseeing a total of 47 matches during his 13 months at the Stadium of Light.

Assistant manager Steve Parkin also departs, and the club would like to place on record its thanks to both Phil and Steve for their efforts during their time at SAFC.

Preparations for Tuesday’s Sky Bet League One fixture against Burton Albion will resume on Monday, with first-team coach Andrew Taylor taking charge of the squad.

The board will now begin the search for a new manager and will make no further comment until this process is completed.

https://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2020/november/phil-parkinson-leaves-safc

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

They saw the light, pity we didn't, truly awful manager.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems Sunderland is on the verge of being taken over so I suspect that has something to do with it.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And Lennon to exit Celtic soon? They lost at home to struggling Ross County today.....

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just been on "Sunderland till I Die" website. The thread announcing his sacking is 28 pages long and full of comments describing the wonderful surprise, unconfined delight and utter relief that he has finally gone.  Very Happy Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ex-Bolton defender's shock after Phil Parkinson's Sunderland exit

FORMER Wanderers defender Andrew Taylor admitted he was shocked when Phil Parkinson was sacked as manager of Sunderland.

The 34-year-old has been put in temporary charge of the Black Cats after ex-Whites manager Parkinson was dismissed last weekend despite sitting seven points off League One leaders Hull City.

Taylor, who oversaw Tuesday's 1-1 draw with Burton Albion said he has no idea if he will be charge for Saturday's clash against Wigan Athletic with former Lincoln and Huddersfield boss Danny Cowley favourite to take over at the Stadium of Light.

Having signed Taylor at Bolton, it was Parkinson who gave the former full back his first coaching role at Sunderland.

“There was a bit of shock," Taylor told the Sunderland Echo of Parkinson's dismissal. "We weren't expecting it, it came out of the blue for us.

"I said to the lads that the game moves fast and you haven't got time to feel sorry for yourself.

“You have the initial shock and disappointment, but you have to rise to the challenge and stand up to it.

“That's what we've tried to do.”

Taylor, who played 46 times for Bolton between 2017-19, said he is taking the interim role on a day-to-day basis.

“There's no timescale yet,” he said. "It's a good challenge, I'm enjoying it. We'll see whether I'm still around for the game at the weekend."

He added: “It's a massive experience for me and one that I'm relishing, a big opportunity at a big club.

“I'm just preparing the players the best I can for the next step, whoever that manager that might be.

“We as staff, if this the end bit for us, I want to leave it in the best position possible.

“We've got a good squad, we should be further up the league, even if it is tight.

“The target is to get promoted and we're working hard so that if we do leave the club, it's in as good a position as possible.”

As well as Cowley, former boss Gus Poyet, Paul Cook, Nigel Pearson and Lee Johnson have all been linked with the Sunderland post.

"This is a massive club, it’s a Premier League club," said Taylor. "If Sunderland Football Club does not appeal to you as a player or as a manager, in terms of wanting to challenge yourself and have the pressures of a Premier League club on your shoulders, then there’s something wrong.

"It’s a huge club, and I’m sure it will attract a lot of people who will be interested in the job. It’s just up to the people above, the board, to decide what the plan is going forwards.”

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18914974.former-wanderers-defender-taylor-shocked-see-ex-whites-boss-parkinson-sacked-sunderland-boss/

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe that explains why he was so faithful to us?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum