Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton in the news for horrid reason

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton in the news for horrid reason Empty Bolton in the news for horrid reason Fri Dec 04 2020, 16:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I used to run through this park on my way into town to catch the bus home after the end-of-school bell each day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-55189658
Bolton in the news for horrid reason Fecafc03-7bfd-41e1-8e0a-888257b014daEmily Jones: Bolton child's killer cleared of murder - BBC News
A woman who slit a seven-year-old's throat has been cleared of murder after the prosecution offered no further evidence and

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to live just off Chorley New Road so walked into town via Queens Park hundreds of times. Very sad story, i can't imagine what the parents have been through.

From what i've read it does seem like a mental health issue, lets hope she either gets treatment or is not released back into the general public for many many years.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But also this far more edifying story also in the national press today.

I once saw a play starring ex-Bolton School pupil, Sir Ian.  When he spoke, the lines had an air of absolute authenticity/credibilty....delivered with clarity to the back of the auditorium and on a different level from the rest of the cast (very sadly for them). It was like watching Freddie Hill on the same field as Ngog or Comley...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-55187161

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:But also this far more edifying story also in the national press today.

I once saw a play starring ex-Bolton School pupil, Sir Ian.  When he spoke, the lines had an air of absolute authenticity/credibilty....delivered with clarity to the back of the auditorium and on a different level from the rest of the cast (very sadly for them). It was like watching Freddie Hill on the same field as Ngog or Comley...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-55187161
Sir Ian should have a word with Lord of the Rags, the Marquis of Burberry, and see if he can get  him on the campaign. He's good at that sort of thing and really into books, you know.

Mind you he could buy it for himself with a few weeks wages.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a lot of anger out there on social media about the 8 year sentence given out. Its an emotive subject but surely if this woman is so mentally ill then i can't see a way of her being released and she may spend most of her life in a secure unit (and rightly so).

Lots of people saying her mental health state shouldn't have been taken into account as it was a premeditated attack. To me the real people to blame are the mental health agencies for allowing her to slip through the net, she should have been sectioned and treated way before it got to the very sad death of a 7 year old girl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum