Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Tranmere

+8
wessy
bryan458
karlypants
dutchwhites63
boltonbonce
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Thu Dec 17 2020, 08:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well this is Tranmere's Cup final which didn't end too well for them last season did it?  Always hated Tranmere going back to the Play off win at Wembley and later that arrogant big nosed scouse twat Aldridge.

This game will see the return of Keith Hill to the Unibol and he seems to have made a great start to his new job which hopefully will continue this Saturday.

I'm going for a 2-0 win to the Super Whites, at least Keith's drive home to sulk won't take him long  Very Happy

2Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Thu Dec 17 2020, 08:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They lost their last 2 league games. Lost 5-0 against Exeter and lost 3-1 to Walsall

3Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Thu Dec 17 2020, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They have the players and were on a winning streak when Keith Hill took over so I reckon he's trying to change the system and they're struggling to adapt to it. We shouldn't underestimate them - they might just get it right on the day.
It's also a matter of which BWFC turns up - the cavalier one that ships goals for fun or the solid defensive unit that doesn't look like scoring. Similarly we could get the balance right on the day. I'm hoping we do the business. 2 -1 I reckon.

4Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Fri Dec 18 2020, 11:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just got the programme for Saturday's match, and found this picture of Dave Felgate looking back at me. Now that's what I call hair.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

5Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Fri Dec 18 2020, 20:02

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

would just love a 5-0 win over the scousers

6Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 09:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dutchwhites63 wrote:would just love a 5-0 win over the scousers
Any win would be be brilliant

7Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kayne Woolery and Liam Feeney will be making their return to Bolton so I hope they both have a very quiet day and go home empty handed. Hate it when former players come back.

8Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 14:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spearing is at Tranmere as well now, has he been playing though?

9Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 14:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Spearing is at Tranmere as well now, has he been playing though?
He's playing, Woolery on the bench.

10Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 14:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

12Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 17:15

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So we had to endure that piece of shit Isgrove for 90 mins, and we have a player on the bench (Darcy), who can pass in a straight line and wears his shirt with pride 😤 who dosnt get a sniff, top management Evett, Tosser, sack the fucking idiot now !!!

13Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt was having a go at the ref at the end. Might need to look closer to home.

14Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 18:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 0-3 Tranmere Rovers

On the final afternoon of football before Christmas, it proved to be a hugely disappointing result with Tranmere coming away from the University of Bolton Stadium with a comfortable victory thanks to goals from Peter Clarke, Kieron Morris and James Vaughan.

Wanderers began the game on the front foot but the first effort of note in the game came via Tranmere winger Corey Blackett-Taylor who cut infield from the left-hand side before seeing a low drive held onto by Matt Gilks.

Harry Brockbank got the nod to start ahead of Reiss Greenidge at left-wing back to make his return from an injury lay-off and he had the first Bolton effort of note. Unfortunately though, he couldn’t keep a dipping half-volley down after he’d been picked out by Gethin Jones’ low delivery from the right.

Nathan Delfouneso failed to hit the target with a first-time shot from 20 yards out after he was teed up brilliantly by Eoin Doyle and moments later the Irish forward had a couple of efforts of his own. His initial effort from distance was kept out by Scott Davies before the Wanderers number nine turned the ball wide of the mark after latching onto Jones’ low cross.

Tranmere began to get some kind of a foothold in the game midway through the half and after Kieron Morris fired a shot over the bar, he then teed up Blackett-Taylor who saw a drive pushed onto the post brilliantly by Gilks.

Keith Hill’s side went into the half-time break a goal to the good thanks to a Peter Clarke header. Rising the highest inside the box, the experienced defender powered a header past Gilks after connecting with Liam Feeney’s corner kick.

Similarly to the first half, Wanderers started the second period on the front foot and Nathan Delfouneso saw an effort deflected onto the post by James Vaughan. Clarke who scored the opening goal, then produced a brave block with his head to prevent Doyle’s shot from heading towards goal a few minutes later.

Doyle glanced a header comfortably wide of the target after getting onto the end of Alex Baptiste’s cross from the right-hand side, and Vaughan spurned a great opportunity at the other end skewing a shot wide of the target from inside the penalty area.

Just before the hour mark, Calum MacDonald produced a vital intervention to prevent Harry Brockbank from latching onto Lloyd Isgrove’s cross to the far post but midway through the second half Tranmere doubled their advantage. Afforded too much space to move towards the edge of the box, Kieron Morris unleashed a shot that beat Gilks and put Keith Hill’s side in an even stronger position.

Off the bench and looking to make an almost immediate impact, Ali Crawford forced Scott Davies into a smart save with a side-footed effort aimed for the bottom corner after he had linked up well with Doyle to manufacture an opening.

Tranmere were awarded a dubious penalty with a quarter of an hour remaining for what appeared to be a handball decision against Jones. Vaughan stepped up to take the resulting spot kick and made no mistake to fire the ball into the roof of the net.

Delfouneso, Jones and Isgrove all had efforts of their own in the latter stages of the game but Wanderers ultimately failed to breach the Rovers goal on a disappointing afternoon at the University of Bolton Stadium and fell to defeat.

Line-Ups:

Bolton Wanderers: Gilks, Baptiste, Almeida Santos, Delaney, Jones, Brockbank (Crawford 63), Thomason, Sarcevic, Isgrove, Delfouneso, Doyle.

Unused Subs: Crellin, Greenidge, Mascoll, White, Comley, Darcy.

Tranmere Rovers: Davies, MacDonald, Clarke, Nelson, Ridehalgh, Spearing (Banks 57), Morris (O’Connor 88), Young, Feeney (Lloyd 88), Blackett-Taylor (Ferrier 67), Vaughan (Woolery 88).

Unused Subs: Murphy, Ray.

Goals: Clarke (28), Morris (68), Vaughan pen (76).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 18:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That was shocking again we can't defend why can't our defenders jump? in both boxes we seem inept. We rarely win a header from a corner, the goals today school boy doesn't cover it, a set piece free header, a guy given acres of room for the second and a flooky penalty.

We learn't at least that Isgrove isn't the answer to Crawford. Delfounso didn't show up and we need two wingbacks Brockbank and Jones offer sod all going forward. Inconsistancy costing us big time, and at home conceding 9 in two games leaves you wondering just what the hell is wrong.

16Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sat Dec 19 2020, 19:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The issue remains the same. We have zero outlet/attack on the left and it’s men against boys in the middle. Delfouneso had his worst game in a Bolton shirt. 
Overall though we just don’t have much quality. Isgrove is taking a lot of blame but I’ll give him a pass for now. It’s only his second game.
Bottom line is we are a bottom half league two team until further notice.

17Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sun Dec 20 2020, 17:45

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Has everybody left this site? nobody has any comments about the game?

18Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sun Dec 20 2020, 21:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:Has everybody left this site? nobody has any comments about the game?
The less said the better terence.

19Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Sun Dec 20 2020, 22:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was a poor game and none of our players came out of it well. We miss Kioso on the right but we need a similar attacking outlet on the left. We also need Tutte back as soon as possible as the midfield looked lost on Saturday and Spearing ran the game till he went off.

Delfouneso was very poor as well and we definitely need another striker in January. A 3-0 defeat at home is bad enough but when it happens against Tranmere it makes it a 100 times worse!

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Dec 21 2020, 08:11; edited 1 time in total

20Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Tranmere Mon Dec 21 2020, 00:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Has everybody left this site? nobody has any comments about the game?

Hard to muster up any words about this result but if there was one game that I really didn't want us to lose this season it was this one.
For some reason my irrational hatred of Tranmere has stayed with me since the 90s. Play off results and witnessing their fans smash my car window 15 minutes from their ground may have something to do with it though.

I've been a Wanderers obsessed fan since I was a small boy but my interest is definitely waning and commenting on a game I didn't see or hear wouldn't be of use to anyone. I can't even complain about the manager because I don't know if he had a hand in bringing in our players or not.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum