Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Carlisle 3-3 BWFC

Carlisle 3-3 BWFC

+4
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
wanderlust
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 21 2020, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boxing Day brings us the start of a run of games against teams that are doing well in this division (Carlisle A, Crawley H, Exeter A) and if the current discontent with the team and manager is to go away we'll need to find some decent performances from somewhere.
Tutte should be back from injury and maybe Lee will sign but we can't expect any further changes to personnel to have bedded in so we've got to go with what we've got. That said, if Evatt manages to get his hand on a loanee or two, they may be fit and firing.
Carlisle are currently sitting 3rd in the league and they won't be giving up their automatic promotion spot without a fight and they have a fantastic home record.
But they are beatable providing we don't make it easy for them. If we can match them defensively it should be close and it looks like one of those games where the odd goal just might win it. With Tutte back it just might be possible.
Here's hoping.

2Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 21 2020, 22:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Going to be a defeat by 2 or 3 goals i reckon.

3Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 21 2020, 23:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Going to be a defeat by 2 or 3 goals i reckon.
I dunno. They're a good, strong, quick team but what impressed me when we played Cheltenham was Evatt did his research, set the team up defensively and nicked a result - whereas against Tranmere we were overstretching and asking for it so he may set his stall out differently for this.
Evatt clearly wants us to set the tempo but it's not working out with this midfield so build a wall mode seems our best option for now - just hoping we can nick something from the occasional foray or set piece. Not fair on Doyler but it could work.
Maybe we won't get battered?

4Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 21 2020, 23:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hard to predict.. I think we’ll lose.  But I hope we don’t.

5Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 14:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Tutte and Kioso back which is good news

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Probably as good a team as we can put out at the moment and if we have any chance of getting something from this, these are the lads to do it.
Bring it on!

7Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 14:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

8Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Difficult to sum up this game as the high wind made it a game of two halves. Carlisle may be 3rd in the league and they're a big strong team, but it felt like our football was better then theirs when we weren't playing into a 100 mph gale.
Obviously delighted to come back from three goals down and chuffed about some of the performances especially Thomason and Kioso until he was sent off for two very dubious yellows - we'll miss him.
Disappointed with the first two goals they scored - we simply didn't settle - but I also feel slightly disappointed we didn't go on to win it in the end.

9Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 18:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Bloody hell we are hard to watch, so much so that i struggled to enjoy a great comeback, the defending is truly awful we need to score 4+ to win matches. some of the goals conceded had sod all to do with a strong wind it was just plain bad defending. But a point away to a top three side is a posituve that covers up the cracks. We play every game with 10 men Jones offers nothing on the left it's not his fault but it needs changing in January.  Santos i thought was the business but again today he was garbage.

Am i the only one who finds Steve Eyre totally irratating on ifollow i prefer no sound than his condecending piffle.

10Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 18:29

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Good point in the end but they should have had 5 or 6 based on their chances.

Looks like Evatt is going to be pig-headed with Jones on the left wing - see how we looked better right away when we brought on a right winger.
We were down 3-1 when he changed left back. So as always the manager knows best and the fans no nowt.
Onwards.

11Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 19:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 22:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
That second yellow for Kioso is a joke.

13Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 22:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Report: Carlisle United 3-3 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers bounced back on Boxing Day to earn a point after going three goals behind at Carlisle United.

The hosts found themselves 3-0 up just after the half-hour mark but George Thomason gave Wanderers hope just before the break with a header.

Wanderers then battled back against a strong United outfit to earn a precious point thanks to further goals from Nathan Delfouneso and Peter Kioso.

Ian Evatt made two changes from the team that last to Tranmere Rovers a week earlier.

The fit again duo of Andrew Tutte and Peter Kioso came in for Lloyd Isgrove and Harry Brockbank who were named among the substitutes at a cold and blustery Brunton Park.

The hosts got off to a very bright start when they scored twice in the opening seven minutes.

Aaron Hayden put United in front, getting a decisive touch from a free-kick Wanderers were unable to clear.

The second came from another free-kick that Wanderers weren’t able to clear with Lewis Alessandra steering past Matt Gilks.

The Wanderers keeper had to dive at full stretch to tip away a wind-assisted Omari Patrick effort from distance to prevent matters from getting worse shortly afterwards.

Alessandra spurned the chance to put his side three-up when he pounced on a mistake from Ricardo Almeida Santos. The striker blazed over with the goal at his mercy.

The hosts survived a strong penalty shout after half an hour when Kioso appeared to be tripped in the Carlisle box by Jack Armer. Despite the vociferous protests from the Wanderers camp, the referee ignored the claims.

Patrick got the third of the afternoon when he guided the ball into the bottom left hand corner after Wanderers surrendered possession cheaply in their own area.

Wanderers pulled a goal back, just before the break through a George Thomason header.

Some dogged play by Doyle saw the ball break wide to Kioso whose crossed deflected into the path of the midfielder, who nodded into the roof of the goal.

Evatt made his first change during the break with Isgrove replacing Baptiste.

With the wind behind them in the second-half, Wanderers got off to a better start looking to get back into the contest.

Thomason appeared to get clipped in the box and it looked another solid shout for a penalty but again Wanderers protestations were waved away by the official.

Isgrove was having a positive impact on the right hand side with the wide man putting in some searching balls.

Antoni Sarcevic turned to create space for him to shoot from distance, but his effort lacked the accuracy to trouble Farman.

At the other end, Alessandra clipped the top of the cross bar from distance as the hosts made a rare foray into the Wanderers box.

With 15 minutes of the game remaining, Wanderers made their second change with Greenidge coming on for Delaney.

Delfouneso reduced the arrears further just seconds after Gilks made a stunning save with his feet to prevent Kayode from hitting his side’s fourth.

Sarcevic put in a lovely cross for the big striker to power home from close range.

Wanderers were back on terms less than a minute later. Kioso rose up unmarked to convert Tutte’s cross past Farman.

Thomason hit the foot of the post deep into injury time to almost pull off the impossible for Wanderers.

Kioso was shown a second yellow just before the end for what appeared to be an innocuous challenge and was promptly sent off.

Right at the death, Brockbank was brought on for Doyle as Wanderers defended a corner from which Mellish hit the foot of the post.

Line-Ups:

Carlisle United: Farman, Hayden, Bennett, McDonald, Armer, Guy, Riley, Mellish, Alessandra, Kayode, Patrick (Toure 77).

Unused Subs: Dewhurst, Charters, Bell, Dixon, Obiero, Reilly.

Goals: Hayden (5), Alessandra (7), Patrick (36).

Bolton Wanderers: Gilks, Baptiste (Isgrove 46), Almeida Santos, Delaney (Greenidge 76), Kioso, Jones, Tutte, Thomason, Sarcevic, Delfouneso, Doyle (Brockbank 90+6).

Unused Subs: Crellin, Comley, White, Crawford.

Goals: Thomason (44), Delfouneso (86), Kioso (88).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

14Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sat Dec 26 2020, 23:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am i the only one who finds Steve Eyre totally irratating on ifollow i prefer no sound than his condecending piffle.
He makes some good and some debatable technical points, but he does tend to bang on about them and he certainly seems to believe he can resolve all our problems - perhaps he's pitching for a job?
Doubt it seeing he's giving it away for free.
As for the team - totally agree about the defending notwithstanding the shit weather - they should have been busting bollocks to keep the ball out of our net anyway and it didn't come across like that. 
But there were some positives. Good tactics from Evatt to take Baptiste off at HT and make some smart substitutions as the game developed and he wasn't afraid to risk all out attack at the end which i like. And I'm increasingly liking George Thomason who today showed he isn't too lightweight for this league. Played really well, was dropped for a pen IMO, scored a goal and hit the post at the death.

15Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sun Dec 27 2020, 14:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
He makes some good and some debatable technical points, but he does tend to bang on about them and he certainly seems to believe he can resolve all our problems - perhaps he's pitching for a job?
Doubt it seeing he's giving it away for free.
As for the team - totally agree about the defending notwithstanding the shit weather - they should have been busting bollocks to keep the ball out of our net anyway and it didn't come across like that. 
But there were some positives. Good tactics from Evatt to take Baptiste off at HT and make some smart substitutions as the game developed and he wasn't afraid to risk all out attack at the end which i like. And I'm increasingly liking George Thomason who today showed he isn't too lightweight for this league. Played really well, was dropped for a pen IMO, scored a goal and hit the post at the death.
Totally agree with most of your points, nice to see the manager make positive subs and get back into the game, but god it's a hard watch, not for the first time we have totally collapsed early doors with shambolic defending and who ever was responsible for not bringing in a proper number one keeper should take some blame. 

The Eyres are always touted has expert pundits google them and they really are Z list footballers. who luckily for them have the gift of the gab.

16Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Sun Dec 27 2020, 16:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I got slightly annoyed watching the highlights on Quest last night. Not sure who the match commentator was but he began with "Evatt will have written the Carlisle team talk for them by claiming Bolton are the best footballing side in the division" - a statement taken out of context which the commentator referred back to throughout the commentary. Particularly annoying was his comment when we were 3 nil down sarcastically suggesting that we don't look like it in a snide tone. Obviously didn't take any account of the extreme weather conditions and I hope our equaliser wiped the smugness of his face.

17Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 28 2020, 12:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If only we could start games like we end them! Another very sloppy start and Santos was at fault for the first 2 goals as he marks too tightly and gave away free kicks in dangerous positions.

Great point in the end but i didn't see our 2 late goals as i'd given up and went to put the kids tea on  Laughing

18Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Empty Re: Carlisle 3-3 BWFC Mon Dec 28 2020, 23:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If only we could start games like we end them! Another very sloppy start and Santos was at fault for the first 2 goals as he marks too tightly and gave away free kicks in dangerous positions.

Great point in the end but i didn't see our 2 late goals as i'd given up and went to put the kids tea on  Laughing
I was possibly alone on chatroom at times towards the end and I'm still gobsmacked - either team could have snatched it. Superb.
I thought Gilks was at fault for the first - although the whole defence was at sea for that and the second. The third came awkwardly at Baptiste but he let it bounce of his foot which unfortunately set up an easy but well taken side foot finish.
Our defence is limited but as Cheltenham showed, they can be set up to be effective albeit it at the cost elsewhere. A couple of astute signings would help.
Trying to play "good football" as Evatt describes it might attract a loanee from a higher division with something to prove. If Chelsea have a shit hot 19 year old left winger who's trying to make the squad for example, I'd welcome any talented left sided player.
Not that we'll get anyone from Chelsea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum