Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The future of the site

+6
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Ten Bobsworth
xmiles
Norpig
okocha
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The future of the site Empty The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 10:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The bigger picture is that we all want the site to thrive with interesting, frequent contributions that are worth reading and free from nastiness to fellow members. It's in danger of folding.

It seems to me that Wanderlust, TROY and xmiles fit the bill in terms of well-expressed, interesting postings. I can tolerate exaggeration. Having a bit of imagination doesn't harm anyone and can be amusing.

I don't care if someone has created a "fake"account or is "playing games", whatever those terms mean.  Neither matters in the bigger picture. Mods, please let xmiles be allowed to send and receive personal messages again. He clearly feels aggrieved to be treated differently when his posts are harmless.

I appreciate that those who get what they judge to be unfair criticism will want to respond and should be allowed to as long as it's kept fair and civil. Freedom of speech is important.

Happy new year to all Nutters and Trotters fans! Here's to a cheery 2021.....

2The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 13:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The site has been losing posters for a while now and i've posted threads about this recently as well that just ended up in more arguments.

I don't want to name names again but we all know what the main issues have been on here and they have never been resolved. We need to find a way to get old posters like Glos and many others back and find a way to get the many guests and people who have registered but never post to actually contribute.

It genuinely breaks my heart to see the forum in such a state and i hope it can recover but maybe we all need to change our ways (and that includes me) to get the site back to where it was a few years ago.

If i could help out in any way with the site then i'll do it as i would be lost without this site and would mean i  may have to do a full days work for a change which is not acceptable to me  Very Happy

3The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 13:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

58 guests currently on the site, how do we get those people to register and start to post?

If any guests are reading this then give us a chance and register. We promise to be nice Very Happy.

Guests could even register just to tell where we are going wrong maybe?

4The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 14:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

As okocha has pointed out I still can't pm anyone simply because of the delusions of one person. As a result of his bullying I don't contribute much to the site these days.

To be blunt the behaviour of one person has caused a massive reduction in posts from several long time regular posters and the disappearance of a couple of much loved posters. It also doesn't help that the most frequent poster on this site now is an unpopular obsessive.

I will be disappointed if the site closes but I don't know what can be done to revive it. The damage has been done.

5The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 15:06

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come and join us, Come and join us

If you are mad enough to waste your time on compulsive struthios with pre-pubescent tendencies.

6The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 15:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Come and join us, Come and join us

If you are mad enough to waste your time on compulsive struthios with pre-pubescent tendencies.
FUCK OFF

7The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 15:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ostrich would have done, Bob.

8The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Thu Dec 31 2020, 16:57

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If interesting posts are created then people will respond.  Old arguments need to be forgotten. We’ve all heard them a million times and is quite tiresome.

9The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 01 2021, 11:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If interesting posts are created then people will respond.  Old arguments need to be forgotten. We’ve all heard them a million times and is quite tiresome.
:agree:

10The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 01 2021, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
:agree:
Me too. It would be nice if we could get Johnny back posting again.
I'm sure he's got better things to do at the moment, but perhaps he'll give us another go when this madness is over.
Wherever you are Johnny, happy new year.

11The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Sat Jan 02 2021, 08:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Me too. It would be nice if we could get Johnny back posting again.
I'm sure he's got better things to do at the moment, but perhaps he'll give us another go when this madness is over.
Wherever you are Johnny, happy new year
What exactly is this madness of which you speak, Boncey?
You don't mean the folks who want to dish out foul-mouthed abuse and then run away like spoiled brats at a bit of lampoonery in response, do you?

12The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Sat Jan 02 2021, 09:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
What exactly is this madness of which you speak, Boncey?
You don't mean the folks who want to dish out foul-mouthed abuse and then run away like spoiled brats at a bit of lampoonery in response, do you?
I mean the Covid madness.

13The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Sat Jan 02 2021, 09:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Sat Jan 02 2021, 10:23

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
I mean the Covid madness.
That's alright then, Boncey. As you were.

15The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 11:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

61 guests viewing the site, come in folks and register we won't bite i promise  Very Happy

16The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:03

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Evening all. After a horrid 2020 and a frankly god-awful Christmas (my dad got covid but thankfully has recovered and is now well) I'm actually delighted to be able to return to this site. I've missed it a lot especially in recent weeks but while I was away I tried to check in when I could. Overall I think the core posters on here are generally decent people with intelligence and are often pretty funny (I think but please remember my well deserved reputation for not being good at nuance in text form).

Anyway, I for one am going to be on here every day again (hopefully that doesn't put anyone else off) and I'd like to wish all of you a belated but sincere Happy New Year.

17The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy new year Peter. Glad to hear your dad pulled through. The world is bonkers at the moment, so it's nice to come on Nuts for a dose of sanity. Razz

18The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Happy new year Peter. Glad to hear your dad pulled through. The world is bonkers at the moment, so it's nice to come on Nuts for a dose of sanity. Razz
Thanks bonce. It's been a wild year already. I still can't believe what happened in Washington and the fact some Republicans are still supporting Trump in his madness is beyond my ability to comprehend. Please, just gimme some footie I can whinge and whine about because that's what BWFC fans are supposed to do. Very Happy

19The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi lucky, good to see you back. And good news about your dad!

20The future of the site Empty Re: The future of the site Fri Jan 08 2021, 21:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks BTID. It was a very worrying xmas for us all given that dad's in his late seventies but he's tough and he got fantastic treatment at RPH. He came home a couple of days after Christmas and my mum reports he's doing extremely well. I'd really like to spend some time with him but the current restrictions mean I can't go to visit and mum's been absolutely adamant that she doesn't want any of my siblings or our spouses to risk catching it from dad and taking it back to the gandkids.

I'd be willing to ignore the cops, rules and restrictions but there's no way I'm EVER gonna do anything my mum says no to. I like my head where it is too much. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum