Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » New Year new Norpig

New Year new Norpig

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

61New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
My mate Dale can give him some good advice. :bomb:
Thought they'd canned Supermarket Sweep?

62New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
Thought they'd canned Supermarket Sweep?
Very Happy It's still going. Presented by that bearded bloke with the Red Rum gnashers.

63New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 13:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
My mate Dale can give him some good advice. :bomb:
Thought they'd canned Supermarket Sweep?
Still going. It has that annoying Rylan Clark on it now.

64New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Have you made any health changes yet Mr. Pig? 

Cut all booze out and added more healthy foods into your diet?

Mrs Pig is going to be managing me very closely from now on. She's bought about 10 low fat or healthy eating cookbooks so i'll be eating from them for the foreseeable future. I don't drink too much to be honest and i'm probably right on the 14 unit weekly limit.

I've been told by the boss i have to eat more fruit and eat less processed food and bread. I've also started on probiotics and one of those cholesterol reducing yoghurt drinks. I'm going to need to start exercising more as well.

Going for more tests at the GP tomorrow so will hopefully know more in a couple of weeks.

Give it 6 months and i'll definitely be a new Norpig  Very Happy

65New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

I really miss my sandwiches, but being pain free makes it worth it. I can now get out of the bath without the emergency services being involved.
And because bread holds water, I'm steadily losing the pounds as well.
I'll be back to cossack dancing in no time.

66New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

I really miss my sandwiches, but being pain free makes it worth it. I can now get out of the bath without the emergency services being involved.
And because bread holds water, I'm steadily losing the pounds as well.
I'll be back to cossack dancing in no time.
Don't tell me that Boncey i'm addicted to bread!  Crying or Very sad

67New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can i still eat brown and all the grain/seeded/wholemeal breads? Not sure i could give up all together!

68New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Can i still eat brown and all the grain/seeded/wholemeal breads? Not sure i could give up all together!
I would cut it all out and look for a more healthier alternative for a filler. 

My Mrs got me on to the Keto diet to lose some weight as she does it on and off and I’ve dropped another 1.4lbs on my second weigh in so in total I’ve lost just shy of 3 kilos in 2 weeks which I don’t think is bad going so far.

That’s from removing booze, carbs and sugar whilst sitting on my arse at my desk or sat doing the home schooling. 

I will take up jogging again once the weather picks up a bit. 

It’s mind over matter Norpig and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’m starting to feel better than normal.

69New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 14:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree KP. I thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy chips without bread, but I'm actually enjoying them more. I can actually taste them.
Get pain free, lose a few pounds, and you'll be amazed at how positive you become. Healthy body, healthy mind.

70New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm sure Mrs Pig is thinking the same unfortunately. You'll soon see me hanging around outside bakers looking wistfully at the bread on offer  Laughing

71New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Nuts fitness club.
New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47944e3a7b32d3d2b210523e589b6844dd1bbbe2bc&rid=giphy

72New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
lol!

73New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
When we get fit we should try this. 
See you in A&E.

74New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 15:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@karlypants wrote:
I would cut it all out and look for a more healthier alternative for a filler. 

My Mrs got me on to the Keto diet to lose some weight as she does it on and off and I’ve dropped another 1.4lbs on my second weigh in so in total I’ve lost just shy of 3 kilos in 2 weeks which I don’t think is bad going so far.

That’s from removing booze, carbs and sugar whilst sitting on my arse at my desk or sat doing the home schooling. 

I will take up jogging again once the weather picks up a bit. 

It’s mind over matter Norpig and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’m starting to feel better than normal.

A few years ago I went on the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. It really works. I managed to lose two stone and keep it off. The only drawback with any diet is that you need to stay on it otherwise the weight just goes straight back on.

This is the only diet I have ever tried as I know I wouldn't be able to stick to a diet that permanently excluded certain foods. Giving up sugar and booze is always going to help - not that I have given up booze - and reducing carbs is also good.

Hope your diet works for you but if it doesn't you might find the 5:2 diet does.

75New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I may be sticking my head in the sand but i don't think i'm that fat, i think it's just more a not very healthy diet and not exercising as much as i used to that has led to this. I have put weight on over lockdown but not loads. Still need to pull my finger out and make some changes though!

76New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Giving up bread has sorted my knee out. I was sceptical at first, but the proof of the pudding...........

I really miss my sandwiches, but being pain free makes it worth it. I can now get out of the bath without the emergency services being involved.
And because bread holds water, I'm steadily losing the pounds as well.
I'll be back to cossack dancing in no time.

Why would eating bread effect someone's knee??

Doesn't make sense to me, although I've no knowledge about such things.

To my mind it could only be for one of two reasons, either it's a placebo effect, or there's something in the bread that irritates/aggravates something in or around your knee.

Where I'm going with this is maybe if you played about with making your own bread, or know a baker who would do it for you, and changed or substituted one ingredient every time then maybe you could isolate what is causing your knee problem and thus still be able to enjoy bread again in future as long as that particular ingredient is not present in the loaf?

Just a thought.

77New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It appears to be gluten that's causing the problems. I've tried gluten free bread but I didn't like it, so it's a bread free diet at the moment. So far, so good.

78New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:58

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Why would eating bread effect someone's knee??

Doesn't make sense to me, although I've no knowledge about such things.

To my mind it could only be for one of two reasons, either it's a placebo effect, or there's something in the bread that irritates/aggravates something in or around your knee.

Where I'm going with this is maybe if you played about with making your own bread, or know a baker who would do it for you, and changed or substituted one ingredient every time then maybe you could isolate what is causing your knee problem and thus still be able to enjoy bread again in future as long as that particular ingredient is not present in the loaf?

Just a thought.

So is following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. Mind you, you could follow the ST's clean shavin man into the the glorious uplands of Fantasyland (or Goon Island).

79New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 23:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@karlypants wrote:
I would cut it all out and look for a more healthier alternative for a filler. 

My Mrs got me on to the Keto diet to lose some weight as she does it on and off and I’ve dropped another 1.4lbs on my second weigh in so in total I’ve lost just shy of 3 kilos in 2 weeks which I don’t think is bad going so far.

That’s from removing booze, carbs and sugar whilst sitting on my arse at my desk or sat doing the home schooling. 

I will take up jogging again once the weather picks up a bit. 

It’s mind over matter Norpig and I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but I’m starting to feel better than normal.

A few years ago I went on the 5:2 intermittent fasting diet. It really works. I managed to lose two stone and keep it off. The only drawback with any diet is that you need to stay on it otherwise the weight just goes straight back on.

This is the only diet I have ever tried as I know I wouldn't be able to stick to a diet that permanently excluded certain foods. Giving up sugar and booze is always going to help - not that I have given up booze - and reducing carbs is also good.

Hope your diet works for you but if it doesn't you might find the 5:2 diet does.

Funnily enough, the Mrs is now doing the intermittent fasting which seems to be a popular one with sticking to the keto foods.

God knows how she does it as I'm sure she has only had one substatial meal today and I think that was around 1:30pm.

This is something that I can't do for sure (or perhaps not yet) but the Keto way so far is proving to be good for me as I have put on quite a bit of weight since the first lockdown last March due to the usual snacking on the usual culprits like crisps and chocolate, plenty of takeaways etc along with more booze than normal due to the circumstances that we have been going through.

The key really is that if the food portions are balanced right and eating the right foods like I'm trying to do, I have been feeling fuller for longer so I haven't been interested in going for the sweet stuff although I am permitted to have some fruit such as strawberries and blueberries due to less sugar content than most other fruit.

80New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Jan 18 2021, 23:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I may be sticking my head in the sand but i don't think i'm that fat, i think it's just more a not very healthy diet and not exercising as much as i used to that has led to this. I have put weight on over lockdown but not loads. Still need to pull my finger out and make some changes though!

The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

81New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:So is following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. Mind you, you could follow the ST's clean shavin man into the the glorious uplands of Fantasyland (or Goon Island).


I'll leave the goons to their own Goon Island thank you very much!

Being a little bit more seriously for a moment, the club usually sends the players, managers, club officials, etc, to the Supporters Club meetings and not the ST, being that the BWSA are the 'official' and designated supporters organisation of the club, so I thought as I hadn't heard from the The BWSA, nor Alan Houghton and his Doom Bar quaffing for a while, I'd look up their latest on Twitter only to find that their last tweet was back in March!

I know the active members of the BWSA were quite elderly and wondered if Covid has thrown a spanner into their work so much so that they've had to disband or something?

Hope they are all ok and come out of hibernation once this pandemic is finally over.

82New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 09:18

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

I'll leave the goons to their own Goon Island thank you very much!

Being a little bit more seriously for a moment, the club usually sends the players, managers, club officials, etc, to the Supporters Club meetings and not the ST, being that the BWSA are the 'official' and designated supporters organisation of the club, so I thought as I hadn't heard from the The BWSA, nor Alan Houghton and his Doom Bar quaffing for a while, I'd look up their latest on Twitter only to find that their last tweet was back in March!

I know the active members of the BWSA were quite elderly and wondered if Covid has thrown a spanner into their work so much so that they've had to disband or something?

Hope they are all ok and come out of hibernation once this pandemic is finally over.
Actually, Sluffy, the BWSA lot might not be able to find their way round an Annual Report and Balance Sheet but they had the ST mob weighed up from the start. 

As for being quite elderly, I suspect Alan Houghton's younger than Rigby but ten times more sensible imo.

83New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

I swear by the Pepsi & Twirl diet. People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I came to look like this.

84New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Add high blood pressure to my list of ailments! Probably due to my slightly high cholesterol so the nurse reckons. I feel old now  Crying or Very sad

85New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@karlypants wrote:The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

I swear by the Pepsi & Twirl diet. People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I came to look like this.
They wonder why you let yourself go love.

A71-D4-A2-F-89-D0-459-E-8-BA5-BB5-C184-C8-FB4

86New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

I'll leave the goons to their own Goon Island thank you very much!

Being a little bit more seriously for a moment, the club usually sends the players, managers, club officials, etc, to the Supporters Club meetings and not the ST, being that the BWSA are the 'official' and designated supporters organisation of the club, so I thought as I hadn't heard from the The BWSA, nor Alan Houghton and his Doom Bar quaffing for a while, I'd look up their latest on Twitter only to find that their last tweet was back in March!

I know the active members of the BWSA were quite elderly and wondered if Covid has thrown a spanner into their work so much so that they've had to disband or something?

Hope they are all ok and come out of hibernation once this pandemic is finally over.
Actually, Sluffy, the BWSA lot might not be able to find their way round an Annual Report and Balance Sheet but they had the ST mob weighed up from the start. 

As for being quite elderly, I suspect Alan Houghton's younger than Rigby but ten times more sensible imo.

I wasn't intending any criticism of Mr Houghton or anyone else from the BWSA, they run their organisation in a very fit and proper manner unlike the ST, I was merely expressing my concern for them as they have seemed to disappeared as a presence (certainly on Twitter) since the onset of Covid.

I am aware that Mike Smith, Howard Worden (or something like that) and I believe Chris Peacock at one time 'took over' the BWSA but were shown the door at the first opportunity thereafter which led directly to them creating the ST to be the vehicle for their designs to get their mits on the club or at least having influence on it.

As their temporary takeover of the BWSA was done in public I don't believe I breaking any confidentiality by naming them.

Maybe if we want to discuss the BWSA or ST any further than perhaps we should use an existing thread such as this one rather than continue it on here as we are well off topic on this one -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t16367-supporters-trust-newsletter?highlight=supporters+trust

87New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 17:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I really should rejoin the BWSA. I was a member for a long time, but in one of my many wanderings overseas, let it lapse. They were a very friendly bunch of people, and always made me welcome when I visited the functions, especially the end of season do's they had with the players. The drive from Taunton and back was worth it  Very Happy

88New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 18:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And all this has what to do with me being old and fat?  Very Happy

89New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:And all this has what to do with me being old and fat?  Very Happy

The big 5-0 this year isn't it?

90New Year new Norpig - Page 3 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 19:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

The big 5-0 this year isn't it?
Yes if i get that far  Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum