Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Year new Norpig

+12
Sluffy
wanderlust
okocha
observer
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

81New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 00:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:So is following a muck cart thinking its a wedding. Mind you, you could follow the ST's clean shavin man into the the glorious uplands of Fantasyland (or Goon Island).

I'll leave the goons to their own Goon Island thank you very much!

Being a little bit more seriously for a moment, the club usually sends the players, managers, club officials, etc, to the Supporters Club meetings and not the ST, being that the BWSA are the 'official' and designated supporters organisation of the club, so I thought as I hadn't heard from the The BWSA, nor Alan Houghton and his Doom Bar quaffing for a while, I'd look up their latest on Twitter only to find that their last tweet was back in March!

I know the active members of the BWSA were quite elderly and wondered if Covid has thrown a spanner into their work so much so that they've had to disband or something?

Hope they are all ok and come out of hibernation once this pandemic is finally over.

82New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 09:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Being a little bit more seriously for a moment, the club usually sends the players, managers, club officials, etc, to the Supporters Club meetings and not the ST, being that the BWSA are the 'official' and designated supporters organisation of the club, so I thought as I hadn't heard from the The BWSA, nor Alan Houghton and his Doom Bar quaffing for a while, I'd look up their latest on Twitter only to find that their last tweet was back in March!

I know the active members of the BWSA were quite elderly and wondered if Covid has thrown a spanner into their work so much so that they've had to disband or something?

Hope they are all ok and come out of hibernation once this pandemic is finally over.
Actually, Sluffy, the BWSA lot might not be able to find their way round an Annual Report and Balance Sheet but they had the ST mob weighed up from the start. 

As for being quite elderly, I suspect Alan Houghton's younger than Rigby but ten times more sensible imo.

83New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

I swear by the Pepsi & Twirl diet. People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I came to look like this.

84New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Add high blood pressure to my list of ailments! Probably due to my slightly high cholesterol so the nurse reckons. I feel old now  Crying or Very sad

85New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:The best thing you can do is dust off the scales and get on them and check your weight to height ratio for the BMI and ask the Mrs her truthful opinion.

You could do with doing it with your Mrs (not saying she's fat before someone jumps on me! Very Happy ) which makes it easier to stick to it if you have someone doing it with you.

I probably wouldn't have started dry Jan if it wasn't for a mate of mine who was doing it and also does a lot of fitness and what not and egged me on.

You will feel like a new Norpig after you have started!

I swear by the Pepsi & Twirl diet. People stop me in the street and enquire as to how I came to look like this.
They wonder why you let yourself go love.

A71-D4-A2-F-89-D0-459-E-8-BA5-BB5-C184-C8-FB4

86New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Actually, Sluffy, the BWSA lot might not be able to find their way round an Annual Report and Balance Sheet but they had the ST mob weighed up from the start. 

As for being quite elderly, I suspect Alan Houghton's younger than Rigby but ten times more sensible imo.

I wasn't intending any criticism of Mr Houghton or anyone else from the BWSA, they run their organisation in a very fit and proper manner unlike the ST, I was merely expressing my concern for them as they have seemed to disappeared as a presence (certainly on Twitter) since the onset of Covid.

I am aware that Mike Smith, Howard Worden (or something like that) and I believe Chris Peacock at one time 'took over' the BWSA but were shown the door at the first opportunity thereafter which led directly to them creating the ST to be the vehicle for their designs to get their mits on the club or at least having influence on it.

As their temporary takeover of the BWSA was done in public I don't believe I breaking any confidentiality by naming them.

Maybe if we want to discuss the BWSA or ST any further than perhaps we should use an existing thread such as this one rather than continue it on here as we are well off topic on this one -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t16367-supporters-trust-newsletter?highlight=supporters+trust

87New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 17:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I really should rejoin the BWSA. I was a member for a long time, but in one of my many wanderings overseas, let it lapse. They were a very friendly bunch of people, and always made me welcome when I visited the functions, especially the end of season do's they had with the players. The drive from Taunton and back was worth it  Very Happy

88New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 18:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And all this has what to do with me being old and fat?  Very Happy

89New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 18:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:And all this has what to do with me being old and fat?  Very Happy

The big 5-0 this year isn't it?

90New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 19:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The big 5-0 this year isn't it?
Yes if i get that far  Very Happy

91New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 21:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure KP will be preparing an extra special surprise.

92New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 21:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I really should rejoin the BWSA. I was a member for a long time, but in one of my many wanderings overseas, let it lapse. They were a very friendly bunch of people, and always made me welcome when I visited the functions, especially the end of season do's they had with the players. The drive from Taunton and back was worth it  Very Happy
Not the right thread, as Sluffy says, but the BWSA mob are what you might call normal. No poseurs or individuals with delusions of self-importance nor notions that stretch credibility like bubblegum. Just normal but isn't it a joy to behold.

93New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Tue Jan 19 2021, 22:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:And all this has what to do with me being old and fat?  Very Happy

New Year new Norpig - Page 5 IznYlZgMMcaIjFMNin-zAG-zVRJGCy0NiKV1gFPhi172EvDoXDRqGR4sO081W8O5BdYrTpLGt9w9f10NyqoPj-eeJ5q2zvhC

Very Happy

94New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 08:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see the picture Sluffy, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?  Very Happy

95New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 11:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Can't see the picture Sluffy, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing?  Very Happy

Is your belly in the way then!

Seriously though hope you do well on losing the few pounds you intend to, I've lost more than a couple myself simply by walking daily for the last few months or more and eating a bit more healthily than I normally did. I've done nothing extreme as such, I still eat the odd cake when I fancy one but have just done regular gentle exercise and less silly eating and the pounds have slowly slipped away - up to me now though to keep them off!

It is though I imagine a lot easier for me to do this though as my day isn't filled up with work, and a family around me with a fridge filled up with all sorts of goodies to eat for you all, like yours most probably will be - and thus I have more time to exercise when I want and no naughty treats to find in the fridge or cupboards when I get home!

I don't know why the cartoon isn't showing for you, it is ok on my screen but it is a jokey one showing a bloke on his talking bathroom scales, and the scales saying 'one at a time please!'.

I'm sure you will do well in loosing the weight, the big test as always is keeping it off!

Let me know when you are ready to change your user name to 'Slim Jim'

Very Happy

96New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 12:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Made a start already Sluffy, like you i intend to walk more (to or from work) and to eat more healthily from now on. Not sure i'll ever be a slim Jim again but could do with losing at least a stone. Hopefully that will help with all the issues i have at the moment

97New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 12:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Made a start already Sluffy, like you i intend to walk more (to or from work) and to eat more healthily from now on. Not sure i'll ever be a slim Jim again but could do with losing at least a stone. Hopefully that will help with all the issues i have at the moment
Have you been put on the Mediterranean diet?

98New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Not sure i'll ever be a slim Jim again but could do with losing at least a stone. Hopefully that will help with all the issues i have at the moment

Not sure losing a stone will help with your blockheadedness.

99New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Have you been put on the Mediterranean diet?
whats that KP?

100New Year new Norpig - Page 5 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Jan 20 2021, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Not sure losing a stone will help with your blockheadedness.
Blockhead for life innit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum