Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

151Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 09 2021, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've just watched the latest season in one weekend and it was watchable but nothing more. Like an average episode of The Bill.

152Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 09 2021, 20:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Just started watching Mare of Easttown on Sky Atlantic and it looks like it's going to be good and worth a watch. Great cast as well with Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce.

Totally agree, the first few episodes have been outstanding. Who'd have thought Kate Winslet could play a dowdy middle aged woman so easily.

153Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 09 2021, 20:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:

Totally agree, the first few episodes have been outstanding. Who'd have thought Kate Winslet could play a dowdy middle aged woman so easily.
Brave of you to let her follow you around for a month, but it worked out. Uncanny.

154Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 09 2021, 21:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Brave of you to let her follow you around for a month, but it worked out. Uncanny.

I'd have laughed at that if it hadn't been aimed at me.

It's called bullery.

155Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 16 2021, 02:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For fans of Outer Limits, sci-fi and animation I recommend Love, Death and Robots on Netflix starting with series 2 episode 1 which is about customer service.

10 minutes of fun.

156Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu May 20 2021, 11:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Somewhat underwhelmed with Nomadland despite Frances McDormand's acting. More like a documentary than a drama.

157Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed May 26 2021, 08:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Watching Motherland from the start and it is very funny, well worth a watch!

158Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed May 26 2021, 12:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:Watching Motherland from the start and it is very funny, well worth a watch!

Yes I quite liked it myself.

If you've not seen it before Bolton girl Diane Morgan also wrote and starred in 'Mandy' which you can watch on BBC iplayer link below.

It is a different sort of comedy than Motherland so you may not rate it but I tend to like the more surreal type humour such as Father Ted, Black Books, Nightingales, etc.

(Although I'm not a big fan of Morgan in her role of Philomena Cunk in the series she did).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08ljm3g/mandy-series-1-6-broadsword-to-donna-ball

159Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu May 27 2021, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Still ploughing through the last couple of series of Spiral and it's become a bit character-driven. Imagine the Bill on speed but French. What with all the drug busts, murders, car chases, stakeouts, political scandal and suspect "interviews" I'm exhausted.

Sat through all 3 episodes of "the Pursuit of Love" - it's very girly but happy wife = happy life so it was a price worth paying. And Lily James has always floated my boat so I watched Baby Driver again in celebration.

Another series that the missus got into - and I found quite enjoyable was Marco Polo. Who'd have thought the reknowned Italian explorer could have lived a life predicated on power, sex and extreme violence? Smile

160Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon May 31 2021, 01:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
For those of you like me who have enjoyed Brian Coxs programmes on space, the solar system and the universe, he's just started his newest series tonight on the BBC.

It is available on iplayer here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000wtdj/brian-coxs-adventures-in-space-and-time-series-1-1-space-how-far-can-we-go

161Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 06 2021, 21:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m not usually one to watch a drama series but we have recently been watching the flight attendant and now onto Your honor.

162Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 02 2021, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Started watching Lupin on Netflix and it's been great so far.

I did start to watch the new series of Fargo but gave up after 4 episodes, just didn't get going for me and not a patch on the first couple of series.

163Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 21:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Halfway through Professor T on ITV, and I can honestly say it's one of the most ludicrous pieces of television it's been my misfortune to see.

164Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is it about you?

165Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it about you?
I would be TV gold. It's only a matter of time.

I met a TV producer on a police line up once, and he assured me I had what it takes. When he gets out I'll look him up.

166Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 19 2021, 12:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
I would be TV gold. It's only a matter of time.

I met a TV producer on a police line up once, and he assured me I had what it takes. When he gets out I'll look him up.
Very Happy

167Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Yesterday at 22:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The final season of Bosch was brilliant, the best yet. I'll miss it.

I watched Jolt on Amazon over the weekend which started off well but lost its way pretty quickly. One thing I will say is that 48 year old Kate Beckinsale looks amazing. If I was a lesbian I'd definitely date her.

I also watched Blood Red Sky on Netflix. Dreadful. Gore for the sake of gore.

168Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Yesterday at 22:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I quote enjoyed blood red sky, the fear street 3 parter was good too

169Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Yesterday at 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:The final season of Bosch was brilliant, the best yet. I'll miss it.

I watched Jolt on Amazon over the weekend which started off well but lost its way pretty quickly. One thing I will say is that 48 year old Kate Beckinsale looks amazing. If I was a lesbian I'd definitely date her.

I also watched Blood Red Sky on Netflix. Dreadful. Gore for the sake of gore.

The 1995 film Cold Comfort Farm, starring the young Miss Beckinsdale is on BBC iplayer at the moment -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000y2f8/cold-comfort-farm

A pleasant 'feel good' family type film, easy watching but too far fetched for my liking.

Rather watch her dad in Rising Damp and Porridge myself!

170Film and TV review. - Page 6 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Yesterday at 23:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Cold Comfort Farm, really has to be read to be appreciated fully. It's hilarious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum