Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time to go for Evatt?

+12
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
wessy
karlypants
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
observer
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

31Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 17:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:A new manager bump often happens but doesn't last.  In our case you can't make donkeys into racehorses. The goal this season is to survive in the league - than after the embargo lifts get players we actual want, then another season - maybe challenge for promotion then.......and all that depends on being able to attract players and they actually work out etc etc..  We have a long way to go IMO.

The goal was undoubtedly promotion, not to stay up.

This manager signed these players to get us promotion.

32Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 17:54

Good player Doyle, imagine how many he’d have if we had some decent wing backs creating chances for him. Exciting stuff.

33Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Good player Doyle, imagine how many he’d have if we had some decent wing backs creating chances for him. Exciting stuff.

I hope that 3 year contract has a relegation clause in it.

34Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 19:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Look we are all dissappointed we where sold a dream and at this point it just hasn't happened. We need some stability after the last few years of total chaos, the bottom line is he has only had the job for a matter of months that is a fact. If we bring some one else in do we bin him after 6 months? not for me, Ian Evatt providing we don't go further towards the trap door gets until next Christmas minimum. 

Continue this form then possibly we re think but IF we can string just a few wins together then a top 10 finish steadies the boat. Klopp is on a 5 game losing streak do you think he will get binned.

35Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 19:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Klopp is on a 5 game losing streak do you think he will get binned.

If they'd been dicked by Tranmere twice in a month, absolutely.

36Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 19:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Look we are all dissappointed we where sold a dream and at this point it just hasn't happened. We need some stability after the last few years of total chaos, the bottom line is he has only had the job for a matter of months that is a fact. If we bring some one else in do we bin him after 6 months? not for me, Ian Evatt providing we don't go further towards the trap door gets until next Cheistmas minimum. 

Continue this form then possibly we re think but IF we can string just a few wins together then a top 10 finish steadies the boat. Klopp is on a 5 game losing streak do you think he will get binned.
Believe it or not Wessy, there were Liverpool supporters on talkSPORT this week moaning that Klopp had taken them as far as he could, and his time was up.
Bonkers.

37Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Sun Jan 24 2021, 20:20

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Comparisons with Clough are lazy, different club and circumstance and just a few games played. Also, how much moaning has our fan base done about ‘style of football’ over the years? If you want someone like Clough in that’s the inevitable complaint, he’s from the same school of thought as Parky.

I agree with Martin get a right wing back in and revert to the system that’s served us best so far this season. We haven’t had a properly balanced side at any point so far - which I’m sure even Evatt would take some blame for in terms of recruitment.

The spine is looking good to me though - Gilks, Santos, Lee, Doyle can all be top performers in this league. There’s a good foundation to build on here.
How do you know what cloughs football is like, i will say one thing they do score goals and win, lets go back to evatt i watched him play over 100 games for chesterfield the town i live in, i have met him a few times before he came to bolton arrogant is not the word i also saw Doyle play in the same side and how evatt is setting the side up he will be lucky to get double figures, Armand Gnanduillet is a free agent he should go all out to sign him and pair him up with Doyle in a 442 but will he change the system and admit defeat ?

38Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Mon Jan 25 2021, 10:14

Clough’s been around a long time, and has managed to Championship level. Wouldn’t claim to be an expert but he’s hardly an unknown.

Gnanduillet’s interesting I don’t know much about him, but not a bad record. If he’s in the country and willing to play for us then great.

Doyle’s on 9 goals already isn’t he? You don’t think he’ll score again this season?

39Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Mon Jan 25 2021, 18:28

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Clough’s been around a long time, and has managed to Championship level. Wouldn’t claim to be an expert but he’s hardly an unknown.

Gnanduillet’s interesting I don’t know much about him, but not a bad record. If he’s in the country and willing to play for us then great.

Doyle’s on 9 goals already isn’t he? You don’t think he’ll score again this season?
You said he was in the same school of thought as parky, i saw cloughs Burton play as well as Derby and Shef u, he took shef u over in the bottom 4 and finished in the top 4 he built Burton up from a pub team into a Football league club and took them to the championship on 2 thousand crowds, i saw doyle play for Chesterfield when evett was captain in league one and Doyle had 22 league goals for Christmas in fact he was sold in january to the championship and still finished 3rd in the goal scoring charts in league 1, 20 plus goals last season for swindon in just over half a season think he averaged just under a goal a game, the doyle comment was made tongue in cheek but he is been starved of service and he is a wank manager who will be back in non league football

40Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Mon Jan 25 2021, 20:41

Yes he is the same school of thought as Parky, conservative football - not sure what your issue is with that?

Agree that Doyle is not getting the right service at the moment and is going too deep looking for the ball, that’s on Evatt to resolve now - which I’m sure he knows.

41Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Mon Jan 25 2021, 22:20

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes he is the same school of thought as Parky, conservative football - not sure what your issue is with that?

Agree that Doyle is not getting the right service at the moment and is going too deep looking for the ball, that’s on Evatt to resolve now - which I’m sure he knows.
i bet cloughs sides have more shots on target in a game than evetts do, we have 70% possession in our own half that is what you call conservative football, Barrow have scored more goals than us this season, Ball rolled out to santos  from  keeper, 6 or 7 passes in our own half, get to half way line then pass it back to same centre half, who will kick it long to no one

42Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Jan 26 2021, 08:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

He's signed for Hearts i think?

43Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Jan 26 2021, 10:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This pack of card is teetering.

44Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Tue Feb 09 2021, 23:11

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Yes he is the same school of thought as Parky, conservative football - not sure what your issue is with that?

Just watched us play morecambe evatt has got to be the worst manager in league 2 with these players the previous manager would have us top of this division, when we are middle of the table next year they might have the bolox to sack him

45Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 00:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.

46Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 00:21

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

finlaymcdanger wrote:Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.
Totally agree with you, the tactics are awful 8 or 9 passes and we dont go over the halfway line he tells them to play like this man for man we have by far the best squad in this division but that cunt of a manager is holding them back

47Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 00:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

blue66 wrote:
Totally agree with you, the tactics are awful 8 or 9 passes and we dont go over the halfway line he tells them to play like this man for man we have by far the best squad in this division but that cunt of a manager is holding them back
Absolutely no idea about how professional football actually works.
And I'm talking about you, not Evatt.

48Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 00:37

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

wanderlust wrote:
Absolutely no idea about how professional football actually works.
And I'm talking about you, not Evatt.
Go on then tell me how it works

49Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 07:20

finlaymcdanger wrote:Get rid of him now. 19th in L2 is a disgrace and most other managers in this league would at least have this squad in the playoff positions by now.

Ha what?! We were cruising up until Maddison got himself sent off. Are you going to call for the sack whenever we drop points now?

50Time to go for Evatt? - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to go for Evatt? Wed Feb 10 2021, 09:12

blue66

David Ngog
David Ngog

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Ha what?! We were cruising up until Maddison got himself sent off. Are you going to call for the sack whenever we drop points now?
Cruising ? they had just hit the cross bar before he got sent off and we have been dropping points all season thats why we are sat in this league position

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum