Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will a woman ever manage a men's professional team?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's been speculation that the Chelsea women's manager Emma Hayes is being considered for the AFC Wimbledon job which she is downplaying but could a woman actually one day take on managing a men's team?

Us older chaps will remember the TV programme the Manageress in the late 80's and it was impossible to imagine it happening for real back then but what about now?

How would we feel if Evatt was sacked and a woman came in to manage us?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If society ever grows up there's a chance.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure football is ready for it yet either Lusty.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Imagine Nat in charge of BWFC?  pale

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really don't know why it hasn't been done already - could a woman do any worse than some of the useless tugboats that currently manage up and down the leagues?

If I was in charge of Bolton we'd get promotion via the play-offs this season.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sooner or later it will inevitably happen.

I'm not sure whilst football remains a 'laddish' culture that women will find it easy to be successful, particularly in the lower leagues but at the higher levels, where it becomes more about 'man management' of millionaire young men, then there is no reason why a woman couldn't be a huge success as a manager.

I think the right character could be successful yes, good leaders are just that in my experience regardless of gender.

I saw Hayes comments that it's the exact same managing top level womens games as mens though - and i don't agree with that.

That's not because of male or female but egos and power, I wouldn't say managing a league 2 club is the same as managing in the Champions league for instance.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

More interesting to me is whether Mourinho or klopp would be able to successfully manage a club in our position

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:More interesting to me is whether Mourinho or klopp would be able to successfully manage a club in our position

Klopp seems like a great guy to play for, the players really seem to like and respect him. I reckon he'd get the most out of whichever team he was managing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:More interesting to me is whether Mourinho or klopp would be able to successfully manage a club in our position
Klopp did an amazing job at Mainz 05 and got them promoted to the top flight. Without cash to keep them there they were relegated again, but the foundations he laid gave them a platform to get back when he moved on.
Saw them a couple of times back them when visiting my sister in law in Mainz and he’s a legend there - but there again he’d played most of his career at Mainz before being given his first managerial job by the club.
No doubt he can manage on a budget but whether that stretches to BWFC current level I can’t say.

One aspect of his career that must have helped is that he started off as a striker then moved to defence so he has a good insight into different roles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum