Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UNIBOL vs. SOFA

+3
Sluffy
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 13:27

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A question for those of you who regularly attended games pre-COVID.

If and when life returns to normal, do you think you will go back to watching the Wanderers play as regularly or have you got comfortable watching us on iFollow from the comfort of your own sofa with a brew and a Mr Kipling’s French Fancy?

2UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 13:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't wait to get back to the stadium and watch it live. 

It has been nice being at home and watching the games from my sofa but it's not the same atmosphere. On the other hand it does get very cold up there and for a few of the recent games i was glad i was at home  Very Happy

If and when crowds are allowed in i presume the home games won't be on ifollow will they? I would still pay for away games though if available.

3UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 13:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I can't wait to get back to the stadium and watch it live. 

It has been nice being at home and watching the games from my sofa but it's not the same atmosphere. On the other hand it does get very cold up there and for a few of the recent games i was glad i was at home  Very Happy

If and when crowds are allowed in i presume the home games won't be on ifollow will they? I would still pay for away games though if available.

Well they are sort of!

What I mean is that for the last season or two, IF you were out of the country you could follow games (home and away) on ifollow.

Of course plenty have used fake ip's to make them appear to be viewing from abroad when they aren't.

A bit like a few years back when certain pubs used 'foreign' Sky coverage to watch Saturday afternoon live games, when they weren't permitted to do so on UK Sky tv coverage.

I would imagine that ifollow is here to stay and whether it is used 'illegally' or not will be a factor in people's decission to go to the game or not when things get back to the 'new' normal.

4UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 15:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't wait to get back. Match day has always been special, whether it was a home game, or, in my younger days, an away trip, it has a feel all its own.
Used to be able to walk to Burnden, so being so far away is a pain in the arse, but whether I'm in the car, or slumming it on Tyrers, it has to be better than a computer screen.

5UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Predictably it’s the sofa for me these days as a home game for me is like an away trip to Norwich and then some without the coach but I’ll try to get to any away games that are less than a 2 hour drive e/w if possible.
I follow is a blessing when you live at the arse end of the universe.

6UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking to reach 90. Free ST for the over 90's.

7UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 15:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When things get back to normal  I will be investing in a VPN, travelling to the Unibol is far too much time, energy and hassle nowadays for me.  I do want to see the crowds back though and to enjoy some of the atmosphere and try to spot Bonce eating his vegan pastie.

8UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 16:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I'm looking to reach 90. Free ST for the over 90's.
Hopefully we will be back in League 1 by then.

9UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 16:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:When things get back to normal  I will be investing in a VPN, travelling to the Unibol is far too much time, energy and hassle nowadays for me.  I do want to see the crowds back though and to enjoy some of the atmosphere and try to spot Bonce eating his vegan pastie.
Don't you start. The young lads we go with have enough fun egging me on to sprint up the steps to the West Stand, laughing at my attempts at getting my lid back on the crappy coffee cups Bolton supply, then falling about as the coffee dribbles down my front.
As I pay for their ST's you'd think a modicum of respect was due. All part of the match day fun.
Mind you, I can do without days like this. Couldn't feel my feet, and my balls were posted on to me a couple of days later. Great result though. Norpig will enjoy it. Very Happy

10UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ALF  I love you  I love you

I was there too, it was baltic!

11UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 17:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:I'm looking to reach 90. Free ST for the over 90's.
Only if accompanied by a parent.

12UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 18:45

Realistically I don't have the time, will or money, to travel from London every week I try to get to a handful of games a season with my Dad and will keep doing that. Will be investing in a VPN for any other opportunities to watch though.

13UNIBOL vs. SOFA Empty Re: UNIBOL vs. SOFA Thu Feb 18 2021, 20:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Only if accompanied by a parent.
Very Happy Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum: