Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN

+11
big ben
Cajunboy
wanderlust
observer
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Thu Feb 18 2021, 16:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's yonks since I did one of these, but I think the Mansfield Town fans deserve to be immortalised on Nuts, some of them clearly think they're Barcelona.

On the back of an 8 game unbeaten run, the Mansfield fans are confident:

Clough's Cough wrote:Let's stuff these big boy shitbags, an easy 3-0 victory for the Town!

Calderwooding wrote:These twats used to give Arsenal a going over, today they will feel the might of Mansfield Town.

Dave Rigby wrote:Does Sam Allardyce still manage this lot? No matter, comfortable home win.

Angie Tatlock wrote:Evatt been moaning ever since the first postponed match as though we did it on purpose. Looking forward to his excuses after we thrash his team

JohnMull874 wrote:LETS DO THESE CUNTS!

calvostag38 wrote:Match day at last. Ideal scenario 3-0 win, two straight reds for Bolton, Evatt sent to the stands, no return food, bus breaks down on the M62.

Bolton's manager comes in for a lot of stick:

yellowstagsfan wrote:Evatt upset again over having to play Wednesday before a long trip at the weekend. Oh diddums ! What a whinger !

BH_Stag wrote:‘Apparently the pitch at Colchester was frozen’

Is this guy for real? Laughing Desperate to push this agenda that there’s a conspiracy or something against Bolton. Does he reckon Mansfield, Colchester and the EFL got their heads together to fake a frozen pitch and move 2 fixtures just for the sake of creating a slight inconvenience for Bolton? Blokes paranoid

pemill wrote:From an EFL point of view, it's a no brainer:-

Nigel Clough - professional manager showing flexibility to get round a potential postponement and no doubt professionally requesting a rearrangement from Tuesday to Wednesday

v

A whinging, whining, sheep worrying idiot from Chesterfield

calvostag38 wrote:Evatt is whingeing once again that the whole world, and The EFL, are totally wrong to allow the game with his team, to go ahead on Wednesday, as he has a long drive to Southend on Saturday . It is OBVIOUSLY our fault that the pitch was frozen, waterlogged, green, muddy etc, not mother nature or a rubbish winter.
This man Evatt is a desperate clown who will try to blame anyone or anything for his own shortcomings. We all know it takes time to rebuild a club, especially one as big as Bolton were, it is a long haul, we've been there, but a bit of humility, a bit of modesty, would go along way to help his cause. I don't think he's ever forgiven us for that wonderful 1-0 victory at Saltergate .....joyful.
So Mr Evatt, shut your big spirite gob and just get on with it. Stop blaming everyone else, stop sniping and bitching at our club and manager, oh, and remember one very, very important fact......YOU ARE IN LEAGUE 2, Not the Championship or Premiership, LEAGUE 2. I believe you will be in our league for at least a couple more seasons, you wont be in charge thankfully.
We play you on Wednesday and I hope we slaughter you, then you might realise that a good football team wins football matches, not a big gob!!!

london amber stag wrote:This guy really thinks he is Mr Billy big time of Bolton, it’s that old ex Premier arrogance. Never have I wanted Stags to win more than tonight. Come on Nigel have your master plan ready and let’s get one over on this lot!

Others seem to be confusing us with a decent team:

Jimstag wrote:Looking forward to it today, it’s definitely winnable but as others have said they have some top players for this league. If they click they can be dangerous, let’s just hope it isn’t their night tonight and we show the same skill and work rate as the last 5 matches

GazMoose82 wrote:On paper they have some of the finest talent in lge2 and shouldnt be underestimated.

Arnold Arnold wrote:Got to watch Doyle, best striker in the bottom 2 divisions

Town_PM_1980 wrote:why are we playin a prem team?

Harry Hotshott wrote:Looking forward to seeing Baptiste again, one of the best defenders around. I'll blow him a kiss on ifollow.

The game kicks off and it's a pretty even first half with not many chances, although Mansfield fans disagree:

Should be 3 up
Can't believe we're not winning
all over em
Only one winner here
sheep shagger
So unlucky not to be winning
i need a poo
my 2-0 prediction looks very possible

But on 65 minutes the Mansfield fans get their wish as Gilks lets one slip through his hands into the net:

Fuck yes! 1-0
1-0 Clarkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lovely
first of many
it was my lucky poo what did it
ha ha, shit keeper alert
have some of that allardyce
Ahhahahahah Evatt will be fuming
Evatt will blame the pitch Very Happy

Then Reid makes it 2-0 and the Mansfield fans are in dreamland:

Your getting sacked in the morning.
Taxi for Evatt
These have ragged in. Put um to the sword.
fukin yes we are goin up
GOING UP, GOING UP
the bolton are going down
lets get 5
Come on iFollow, give us a close up of Evatt's face
WE ARE SHITTIN EM!!!!
Loving this!!! and Maddison did nothing, all of their high earners go missing again
Enjoying the pitch eh Bolton fans????

Dempster wishes:

Dempster's Drum wrote:My screen just froze at 2-0, game over?

But just as the Mansfield fans are counting their chickens, Declan John flukes one into the top corner to pull a goal back for Bolton:

It's simple advice, but many keepers ignore it:

Stag_Do_Stag wrote:FFS, catch the fooking thing!

To be fair Jason, this happens to Bolton a lot too:

Jason Cabbage wrote:Why oh why does this always happen to us? FUCK

I think he means Evans:

gazza1988 wrote:Evatt back to clapping like a demented seal again.

Robbie should probably start to worry:

StagRobbie wrote:lucky goal, not worried at all

Henry is a visionary:

Henry_The_Stag wrote:fucking typical stags, has 3-2 to bolton written all over it

We've all been there Bobby:

bobbystagsfan wrote:I've gone from dancing round my living room to shitting myself now Laughing

Panic says don't panic:

Panic_68 wrote:no need to panic, we've got this

Stephen will soon be £10 poorer:

Stephen Giles wrote:We're the better team, no need to worry. 4-1 Stags, I've just put a tenner on it.

Dempster is left behind:

Dempster's Drum wrote:Is it still 2-0? My screen says so.

But then the shit hits the fan as Bolton score a second when Benning puts through his own goal to make it 2-2:

FUCK OFF YOU BOLTON WANKERS
Absolutely typical, we are just handing them the game playing like this
UN flipping REAL ARE YOU KIDDING ME
It was coming I'm afraid. No legs up front. Ball keeps coming back at us.
bolton are just a lucky team
my balls just got smaller
how the fuck have we let this slip?

Dempster's Drum wrote:Screen still says 2-0 to Mansfield, has it finished yet?

But with seconds left it gets worse as Arthur Gnahoua curls the ball into the back of the net to put Bolton 3-2 up:

BUGGER FUCK TITS FANNY
we really are quite useless
pathetic, just pathetic
It's a great finish in fairness.
This is embarrassing, how has this happened?
Quality and experience on the bench tells I'm afraid.
this is the worst I've seen for a long time absolute shocking
Shocking bolton have made sub after sub we have no one on the bench that can effect a game
my balls have disappeared
What an absolute calapse that is
They have done nothing for 80% of this game..... I can't believe it
Football....what a cruel game. Fuck.
3 in 10 minutes Embarassed
Given everything for 80 mins and ran out of steam. They bring quality on that we just don't have.
Bolton never really in it
It’s the only thing Clough hasn’t fixed yet, we’ve always got a massive bottlejob in us.
T W A T S

And the final whistle blows and Bolton have come from 2-0 down to win 3-2. The Mansfield fans are magnanimous in defeat:

Jack Dixon wrote:Bolton deserved nothing

Stag Baller wrote:Dominate the game and lose 3-2, bugger!

KirkbyStag2 wrote:Absolutely thrown 3 points away, poor goalkeeping and then a Benning own goal !

chip63 wrote:2 very lucky goals and a class finish.
Feeling gutted but we weren't outplayed and played some good football

Torrystag wrote:We pissed it for 50 odd minutes then total collapse

The Commander wrote:I hate Ian Evatt, I bet he's pissing himself right now after that lucky win

True Stag wrote:Bolton have spent millions to be midtable, fuck em

Town Ender wrote:The best team lost. I'm really quite angry.

tippy tappy football wrote:Complete over reaction. I've seen hundreds of games where we have been far worse. We played well to get into a 2-0 lead over big spending Bolton Wanderers and played well until 79 minutes but we could not see the game out due to a bit of bad luck and some good play. We are going in the right direction.

chip63 wrote:The pitch is a concern for Saturday, I was fuming Bolton were warming up pre game on the worst patch of the pitch near the west stand. It's churned up exactly were they did running up and down.

yellowstagsfan wrote:Think Bolton are fast becoming our new ‘Looton’ as we have no local rivals
We’re too big for this league mentality
Love to hate em !

Sneag wrote:The game was a very good example of how stats are meaningless to a match outcome & how meaningless a performance is to the fans if you don't win the game.

We were far better v Bolton than we were against Warsaw & Col U but lost the game.

On just about any statistical measure we came out on top, except for that pesky goals for and against bit.

It's a funny old game.

But some are a bit more complimentary:

Jim Hart wrote:I can see Bolton getting promoted, as much as it pains me

Mansfield Manny wrote:bolton have some serious firepower

King Kev wrote:I said before the game whoever won today would make the play-offs. I stand by this.

tillydog123 wrote:That’s a shocker had to put my glasses on to see the final score as could not believe what I saw as last time I looked it was 2 nil to us.

Harrington St Stag wrote:We lost confidence, they grew in confidence. I still struggle to see how we let the first goal in. Stone out of position maybe? After that we started to wobble and they saw that.

Good to see Alex JB back at the Mill. Great player.

tippy tappy football wrote:If we had won tonight, I might have fancied us winning the league Smile

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:What hurts most is that most of their better players on the night have spent time on our books. I think they may have raised their games against their old club which is something a lot of players do.

Evatt is still a grade one tool though.

tippy tappy football wrote:Ironically Bolton subbed their two most dangerous players, Dappy and Maddison, and ended up winning the game.

Spiritater wrote:To be frank they have been and always will be bigger than us.

Last word to Dempster, hopefully by now he's aware of the final score:

Dempster's Drum wrote:Come on guys, the 90 minutes must be up, screen still frozen on 2-0 to Mansfield. Help a Stag out FFS!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has made my day  Very Happy

BEL was the reason i joined Nuts so to have it back makes me feel happy, great work Nat!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

:clap:

Fair play to you.

Welcome back.

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fantastic Nat. Thanks for doing this, it's given me a right laugh and God knows we could all use more of that right now.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well done Marc and thanks!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent. Big mug of tea and BEL. :like:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Brilliant, have missed these, thank you Nat.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic, just like the good old days Smile

10lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Thu Feb 18 2021, 20:04

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Brilliant as usual... and it's been too long since we had one.  Let's hope BEL continues.

11lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Thu Feb 18 2021, 22:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Some feedback to the tweet we put out for this -

Thanks for the RT mate!

Cheers Aaron - one of our former mods in his younger days!

12lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Fri Feb 19 2021, 07:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good idea tweeting it, it may get us a few new members  Very Happy

13lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Fri Feb 19 2021, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

85 guests on the site seems more than usual, maybe use twitter more in future?

Come on guests come in, the waters lovely   Very Happy

14lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Fri Feb 19 2021, 13:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s been a while Nat. Hopefully more.
Interesting that quite a few thought of us as big spenders- ironic as we started without a team..

15lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Fri Feb 19 2021, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:It’s been a while Nat. Hopefully more.
Interesting that quite a few thought of us as big spenders- ironic as we started without a team..

:facepalm:

16lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Fri Feb 19 2021, 15:01

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cheers NAT!!!!!!!!

I needed that.

17lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Mon Feb 22 2021, 02:17

big ben

David Ngog
David Ngog

Norpig wrote:This has made my day  Very Happy

BEL was the reason i joined Nuts so to have it back makes me feel happy, great work Nat!
mine too  Very Happy brilliant !!

18lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Mon Feb 22 2021, 08:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome Big Ben, glad to see you putting your time to good use now the NFL season has finished  Very Happy

19lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Mon Feb 22 2021, 13:33

big ben

David Ngog
David Ngog

Very Happy
Norpig wrote:Welcome Big Ben, glad to see you putting your time to good use now the NFL season has finished  Very Happy

20lines - BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - MANSFIELD TOWN Mon Feb 22 2021, 13:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice to see a new poster, tell us about yourself big ben.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum