Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Port Vale 0-1 Bolton

+8
karlypants
Boggersbelief
okocha
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:41 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in December, Port Vale came to the Unibol and absolutely massacred us.

SIX different players scored a goal each. SIX FFS -and that was how they ended a run of 5 defeats in a row! Humiliating.

Since then we've improved and they've done nothing so I'm hoping we win and win big if only to restore a bit of respect for us in the Potteries.

For us it's another "must win" to stay ahead of the teams with games in hand but Vale are flirting with relegation so will definitely be up for it.

Play like we did against Cambridge and we'll stroll it. Take the foot off the gas and we could get turned over. But I think we'll win by two goals.

2Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:13 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The winning streak will go on as we storm to the top of the table and achieve automatic promotion, now where did i leave those tablets?

3Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:16 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obvious Bolton win, so obviously we'll lose.

Evans out.

4Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:31 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:The winning streak will go on as we storm to the top of the table and achieve automatic promotion, now where did i leave those tablets?

I think you have taken far too many of them. Laughing

5Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:53 pm

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

10 games, 8 wins, 0 defeats. Who are these people and what have they done to Bolton Wanderers? Smile

More seriously I predict a 2-0 win to us. I've got to be honest and say I can't really see us getting auto promotion but I believe we're definitely going to make the play-offs. Our confidence is higher than Ican remember in the last three or four years and it's actually translating into performances on the pitch.

But just one caveat and that is that if Gilkes is in goal I want someone to put superglue on his gloves Wink

6Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:55 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I read somewhere one player's opinion that the dressing room camaraderie and team spirit is fantastic. Can't remember who said that but it would certainly be a factor in the rise in confidence.

Can anyone fill in the gap in my memory as regards who might have mentioned it?

7Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Games like this worry me. We are due a loss and we couldn’t deal with their physicality when they battered us earlier on this season... That said, we are finally fulfilling our potential.

I’d take a draw

8Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:58 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In December it looked a no brainer that we’d beat them. We were on a winning streak and they’d lost 5 in a row coming into the game.
Then the game started.
From memory they just bullied us all over the pitch and Worrall in particular was a threat - they imposed their style of play on us and we capitulated. They battered Oldham on Tuesday but the latics managed to hold out for a scoreless draw.
With that to call on I reckon they’ll come after us from the start but if we can weather the storm and nick the first goal we should be fine. Hopefully.

9Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:04 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Port Vale vs. Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers head down to the Potteries aiming to continue their fine form which has seen them remain unbeaten in their past ten matches, picking up eight wins and two draws.

Pre-Match Quotes:

Ian Evatt: “We just want to win the game, it's a simple as that. Yes we do remember what happened in December, but that isn't going to define our season.

“What will define our season is how we finish these next 12 games because we've given ourselves an opportunity. We didn't have that opportunity then.

"In terms of how a season plays out I'd much rather be in the form we've got now with the squad I've got available now than going the first couple of months unbeaten.

"It means more. It's more important, there's more on it. Trophies are given out in May and not September, October, November. We just have to maintain our focus, keep our hard work, keep being humble, respect everybody and Port Vale will be a challenging and difficult game, no doubt. But we have to make sure we keep hitting those standards that we're starting to set for ourselves."

How to Watch:

Wanderers’ supporters can watch the game against Port Vale by purchasing an iFollow BWFC video match pass for just £10 you don’t have to miss a kick.

An iFollow BWFC video match pass will ensure supporters do not miss a minute of the action, with the entire match streamed through any compatible laptop, computer, tablet, or mobile device in the United Kingdom.

Team News:

With the exception of long-term absentees, Dennis Politic and Liam Edwards, Ian Evatt will have a full squad to choose from as Bolton Wanderers aim to continue their momentum.

Niggles sustained during Tuesday’s victory against Cambridge United have settled down, leaving the Wanderers manager with plenty of options ahead of the trip to Vale.

Bookies Odds:

Port Vale win: 21/20

Draw: 9/4

Bolton Wanderers win: 6/5

Correct as of 12/3/2021 (10am) on skybet.com

Form:

Wanderers are currently at the summit of the Sky Bet League Two form table over the last ten games.

Eight wins and two draws during that sequence have seen them pick up 26 points from a possible 30.

Conversely, Saturday opponents have won only one game, a 5-1 victory against Southend United, over their past ten encounters.

Their recent goalless draw against Oldham Athletic brought to an end a run of three consecutive defeats.

Last time out:

Vale ran out 6-3 winners at the University of Bolton Stadium back in December when these two sides last met.

The visitors raced into a two-goal lead inside nine minutes before Gethin Jones reduced the arrears after 11 minutes.

Tom Conlon’s penalty just before the break restored Vale’s two-goal advantage.

Further goals from Cristian Montano, David Worrall, and Nathan Smith saw Vale go 6-1 up just after the hour mark.

Wanderers netted two further consolation goals from Eoin Doyle and Lloyd Isgrove to cap off a crazy contest.

Match Officials:

Referee: Craig Hicks.

Assistant Referees: Mark Cunliffe and Hristo Karaivanov.

Fourth Official: Ollie Williams.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:10 pm

Must win, every game from now until the end of the season. Auto promotion is the aim.

Interesting to see what team starts, Dapo is probably due a rest but he's undroppable for me, same for Sarc by sound of last week.

12Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:51 am

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Vale beat us last time because we were crap, despite our 5 game winning run in which we never looked confident. This time it’s different, this team is different, mentality is different and ability is massively different. We’ll sort this bunch out no danger today and finally find our shooting boots. 0-3 to the Super Whites today and no finger nail biting. Isgrove in for Fonz the only change to give us more work rate and for once he’ll actually find a man with a cross!

13Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:43 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Vale beat us last time because we were crap, despite our 5 game winning run in which we never looked confident. This time it’s different, this team is different, mentality is different and ability is massively different. We’ll sort this bunch out no danger today and finally find our shooting boots. 0-3 to the Super Whites today and no finger nail biting. Isgrove in for Fonz the only change to give us more work rate and for once he’ll actually find a man with a cross!

On what basis do you see us winning by three goals? We struggle to find the net which really needs fixing if we have any chance of going up automatically

14Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:51 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If we're hoping to be promoted then we have to be able to beat a team in 21st place. Anything less than 3 points isn't good enough today.

15Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:10 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unchanged side for today's game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:13 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably our best team on recent form. No Maddison though, and after the manager talked him up.

17Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:32 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

18Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:34 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Probably our best team on recent form. No Maddison though, and after the manager talked him up.
After his performances to date, wouldn’t surprise me if Maddison was sent back. Needs to be brilliant in training to break into a winning team.

19Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:09 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Superb result on a Sunday league pitch. So glad we’ve found out how to see games out. Shame the other sides around us won but we have at least kept the pressure on

20Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Empty Re: Port Vale 0-1 Bolton Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:42 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That was a really hard watch, never got going quite a few players not quite on their game, but we won and played poorly, thats a good sign. Not sure you can blame the pitch, yes a slippery surface, but a big wide pitch with plenty of grass should suit our game, we have played better on much worse surfaces than today. Put the curse of MOTM to bed so that's good. Other resuts could have been kinder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum