Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The murder of this poor girl - Sarah Everard

The murder of this poor girl - Sarah Everard

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Very sad indeed but is there something deeper going on that led up to her killing?

Seemingly her murderer Wayne Couzens is quite a high ranking armed police officer in the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command.

Then it turns out that four days (two days after Sarah went missing) before he was arrested he was reported for indecent exposure but nothing was done about it?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14310271/sarah-everard-police-wayne-couzens/

Then today it seems he had an 'accident' whilst alone and in his cell, that resulted in him being taken to hospital.

Police do not believe the officer had ever met Sarah previously.

A source said last night: “The working hypothesis is that he saw Sarah on the street for the first time and kidnapped her.

“At this stage it is thought the officer used his warrant card to entice Sarah towards his car.

“One theory is that he may have used the Covid lockdown as a pretext to engage with her and then snatched her.”

All seems very, very strange to me - a random kidnap leading to murder, then two days afterwards waving your dick around in a takeaway, whilst all the time being a fairly high level and responsible armed police officer.

Something very odd seems to be going on, wonder what the story is behind all this and the sensless killing of an innocent young woman who could well have been my child there but for the grace of God.

RIP Sarah.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very sad story and its brought women's safety out in to the open. I hadn't realised the lengths and the decisions women feel they need to make to stay safe when they are out alone. Its a sad state of affairs when women have to walk with key between their fingers just in case.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
There will always be nut jobs but this incident highlights a much broader societal issue that affects both men and women. It deeply saddens me that many women don’t feel safe and that many men feel tarred with the same brush as the predators but whilst education may go some way to improving the situation I’m sure that there are practical measures that could be taken in terms of policing, lighting, and approved community escort services. For years women have been educated not to take risks like walking through unlit areas alone late at night so clearly education has it’s limitations but whilst educating men and society as a whole is beneficial I think we need more than that. Don’t have the answer but it is surely not beyond the wit of mankind to come up with something?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
My best friend's daughter was raped and murdered by a guy who drew up beside her in his sandwich van and bundled her inside......just a few yards from her home in a well-lit avenue at 9.30pm. She had been walking together with her friend until their paths diverged two hundred yards from their respective homes.
He was eventually found and convicted, but the repercussions for the family live on. They can't stop imagining her last moments.

The story hit all the local and national newspapers and TV networks but tragically similar incidents recur.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:My best friend's daughter was raped and murdered by a guy who drew up beside her in his sandwich van and bundled her inside......just a few yards from her home in a well-lit avenue at 9.30pm. She had been walking together with her friend until their paths diverged two hundred yards from their respective homes.
He was eventually found and convicted, but the repercussions for the family live on. They can't stop imagining her last moments.

The story hit all the local and national newspapers and TV networks but tragically similar incidents recur.
Jesus that's very bad Okocha, it must have affected you greatly as well.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:
Jesus that's very bad Okocha, it must have affected you greatly as well.
Thanks, Norpig. It has. Trev and I were playing in a badminton match that only finished at 10 pm that evening. Ever since, he has has tortured himself with the thought that if he'd driven back home half an hour earlier, he might have seen the incident so close to his front door and been able to prevent the assault.

The following day, having heard the news, I drove into work but couldn't erase the thoughts that were plaguing me. When I got to work, someone asked me if I'd had a good evening:-I burst into uncontrollable tears and sobs. They sent me home, unfit to do my job.

They caught the guy as he tried to cross the border between India and Nepal. He and his legal team did everything they could to delay proceedings. The trial only came to its rightful conclusion when a female judge was appointed. It turns out that the defendent's brother was chief of police in the Punjab where the muderer/rapist had fled. The body was found rolled up in carpet in a wooded area of southern England.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
Thanks, Norpig. It has. Trev and I were playing in a badminton match that only finished at 10 pm that evening. Ever since, he has has tortured himself with the thought that if he'd driven back home half an hour earlier, he might have seen the incident so close to his front door and been able to prevent the assault.

The following day, having heard the news, I drove into work but couldn't erase the thoughts that were plaguing me. When I got to work, someone asked me if I'd had a good evening:-I burst into uncontrollable tears and sobs. They sent me home, unfit to do my job.

They caught the guy as he tried to cross the border between India and Nepal. He and his legal team did everything they could to delay proceedings. The trial only came to its rightful conclusion when a female judge was appointed. It turns out that the defendent's brother was chief of police in the Punjab where the muderer/rapist had fled. The body was found rolled up in carpet in a wooded area of southern England.
Extraordinary. It's so tragic that anyone has to suffer such trauma. We know so little about each others lives and circumstances on here. I carry a similar memory, Okocha, but with regard to a suicide.
I've always felt I should have seen it coming, and failed my friend in his time of need. The Markle interview stirred those feelings again, which is why I was so angry about Piers Morgan dismissing her as a liar.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Bonce, I really feel your pain, and thank you for your comments and sympathy. 

Not one of us knows the truth about Harry/Meghan and the royal family. Shame on those who are prepared to speculate unjustifiably in either direction.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:

Not one of us knows the truth about Harry/Meghan and the royal family. Shame on those who are prepared to speculate unjustifiably in either direction.
Like the entire media for example? Or the organisations that are whipping up the "racism in the royal family" frenzy? Point being that once the accusation has been made, people will speculate regardless of the absence of evidence.

Just to get back on topic for a moment, there were 695 homicides in the year to the beginning of March of which approximately 75% of the victims were men - men are 3x more likely to get murdered by other men than women. Whilst the ONS is reticent to publish data on the perpetrators without an FOI request, historical data shows that >95% of all murders are committed by men in the younger age groups (gang fights/stabbings etc?) although this figure drops to around 70% in the older age groups.
What we are left with is a tiny proportion of males who commit these crimes, far less than the number of males with mental health problems - although I suspect there's a correlation somewhere.
So how do we address the problem? Is someone who would sexually attack and murder a woman by definition a man with mental health problems? In my opinion yes in most cases. So maybe the road to a solution lies in the early identification of male mental health issues?
Addressing gender differences at the same time as addressing gender equality in schools from an early age might help too.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum