Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Newport 1-0 Bolton

Newport 1-0 Bolton

+4
Norpig
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Newport 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 04 2021, 10:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Looks like Newport have ended their poor streak and are back to winning ways again which is a worry.

Another “cup final” for us of course - but seeing as we didn’t show up for the last one we go into this game with some degree of trepidation.

Newport have shown that on their day they can beat anyone in this league - but so have we - so this is likely to be a testy one with big implications for the rest of the season.

No point in guessing which way it will go - at this point I’m just praying we turn up and do the business and most of all we have a really good go at them. Can’t ask for more than that.

2Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 04 2021, 11:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Newport lost on Friday??

3Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Sun Apr 04 2021, 12:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Newport lost on Friday??

They lost the previous two against Port Vale and Orient before that as well!!!

:rofl:

4Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 00:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 01:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I know I definitely get under his skin by the way he reacts, which gives me yet another laugh at him!

Jesus Wanderlust all you had to do was say you'd ballsed up!

But no you can't face ever being wrong can you???

Maybe this might help you perhaps, although I very much believe you rather die than admit you needed any help from anyone!

I'm clearly a fox and you are clearly a hedgehog, stuck with one line of thought, which makes you think you are the great know it all, when in fact the world has changed and moved on without you, leaving you behind!

The simple truth is you can't admit you're wrong and thus can't adapt and change to what's actually happening rather than what you believe should have happened.

You're stuck with the wrong outcome, yet because you believe you are so clever, you can't accept you got it wrong and dig in and defend your position no matter what.

Your pigheadedness and inflexablity certainly aren't good traits to have.

Never to late to learn though...

...although I doubt you ever will.

6Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 11:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyway back on topic..... I think this will be more of an open game than Colchester as Newport will want to win to stay in the play-off picture whereas Colchester just came for a point. With that in mind i reckon we can win this 2-1 as Newport need to win and will have to commit players forward.

7Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 12:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Jesus Wanderlust all you had to do was say you'd ballsed up!

But no you can't face ever being wrong can you???

Maybe this might help you perhaps, although I very much believe you rather die than admit you needed any help from anyone!

I'm clearly a fox and you are clearly a hedgehog, stuck with one line of thought, which makes you think you are the great know it all, when in fact the world has changed and moved on without you, leaving you behind!

The simple truth is you can't admit you're wrong and thus can't adapt and change to what's actually happening rather than what you believe should have happened.

You're stuck with the wrong outcome, yet because you believe you are so clever, you can't accept you got it wrong and dig in and defend your position no matter what.

Your pigheadedness and inflexablity certainly aren't good traits to have.

Never to late to learn though...

...although I doubt you ever will.

8Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 14:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Dapo drops to the bench and Thomason comes back in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 14:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live!

10Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 14:56

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Thought Dapo looked tired against Colchester, really strong attacking options off the bench hope we won't need them though.

11Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 15:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yet again so shite in the final third. Going to cost us

12Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 17:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very disappointing performance, we had 2 or 3 sitters missed in the first half and it cost us. Showed very little attacking threat in the second half till the 3 subs but we could have played all day and not scored.

Looking at the other results it's not a disaster but this is the wrong time in the season to sop scoring!

13Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 17:05

T.R.O.Y.

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Certainly not a bad performance, especially first half and had we taken any of the 4/5 golden chances we had it would be a different story. 

Need to get back to winning on Saturday.

14Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 18:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
A stinker of an Easter shows how volotile football can be, you can't miss chances like that and not get punished Lee had his worst game for me today. Not just the sitters general passing. The Doyle effort off the bar so deserved a goal Isgrove nicking the ball and putting in a superb cross that Doyle placed 1" to high. As said other results give a chance to get back on course.

15Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Mon Apr 05 2021, 19:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Definitely watched a league two game today - poor quality all over the pitch.
Again no urgency until we go a goal down and then we looked better after the triple sub. I thought Jones had one of his worst days - poor passing all day. 
We hang on to 4th position but we now have a must win on Saturday.
Not sure what the answer is at this point - on to the next game.

16Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 06 2021, 15:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looks like Newport have ended their poor streak and are back to winning ways again which is a worry.

Another “cup final” for us of course - but seeing as we didn’t show up for the last one we go into this game with some degree of trepidation.

Newport have shown that on their day they can beat anyone in this league - but so have we - so this is likely to be a testy one with big implications for the rest of the season.

No point in guessing which way it will go - at this point I’m just praying we turn up and do the business and most of all we have a really good go at them. Can’t ask for more than that.
As I was saying....

Ironically, my troll also had a a moment of prescience this week - Isaiah Berlin's humourous essay was one of the questions in last nights' final of University Challenge.

17Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Tue Apr 06 2021, 18:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Looks like Newport have ended their poor streak and are back to winning ways again which is a worry.

As I was saying....

Ironically, my troll also had a a moment of prescience this week - Isaiah Berlin's humourous essay was one of the questions in last nights' final of University Challenge.

Well seeing they hadn't got back to winning ways when you wrote that - in fact they had lost their last three - I can't see  how your preview on the match based on your key stat being utterly wrong, as some sort of victory for you to crow about and quote yourself on?

Anyway it is a free world and you can do as you like within reason.

As for me being a troll - as you clearly infer - trolling is not correcting wrong or misleading 'fake news' of yours, or anyone else's.

You have however surprised by showing that you did indeed view the video I posted about the Fox and the Hedgehog - not that you viewed it per se - I'm sure you read all my links - but that you admit to it publicly.  I would have bet good money that you would tell everyone that you never read/look at anything in my posts or links!

I don't doubt that even you can see yourself fitting into Isaiha Berlin's 'hedgehog' analogy and thus why you post to rubbish his essay somewhat as well!

You do make me laugh!

Very Happy

18Newport 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Newport 1-0 Bolton Wed Apr 07 2021, 00:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum