Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton players are ignored in EFL player of the year shortlist

Bolton players are ignored in EFL player of the year shortlist

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers’ players have been snubbed in this year’s EFL Awards.

The likes of Eoin Doyle and Ricardo Santos did not make a three-man shortlist for the division’s Player of the Season prize.

Cambridge United’s Paul Mullin and Wes Hoolahan and Forest Green’s Jamille Matt are up for the prize, which will be given out on Thursday in a ceremony aired live on Sky Sports.

The Sky Bet Championship’s Player of the Season shortlist features two of Norwich City’s promotion-winning side, with Teemu Pukki and Emi Buendia chosen alongside the division’s top goalscorer, Brentford’s Ivan Toney.

In Sky Bet League One, the honour of being named the best player in the division has been whittled down to three players crucial to their sides’ chances of promotion to the Championship. Hull City’s George Honeyman has led by example, becoming one of the best creative forces in English football, as the Tigers look to finish the season as League One champions following confirmation of their promotion to the Championship at the weekend.

The top two goalscorers in the division complete the shortlist, with Sunderland AFC’s Charlie Wyke and Peterborough United’s Jonson Clarke-Harris enjoying stellar campaigns. Between them they have registered 54 league goals so far and will be eyeing up a few more before the season ends.

The EA Sports Young Player of the Season shortlist consists of Blackburn Rovers’ Harvey Elliott, Reading’s Michael Olise and Max Aarons of Norwich City. As sponsor of the award, EA Sports will be hosting an online vote, which goes live on Wednesday 28 April, equating to 25 per cent of the overall result, with the other 75 per cent made up of votes from the EFL Awards judging panel.

Nominations were debated at length by an expert judging panel earlier this month, with votes also compiled for the Championship, League One and League Two Teams of the Season which will be announced live on the night. Other awards to be announced on the night include the Your Move Community Club of the Year and PFA Player in the Community.

The Sir Tom Finney Award and Contribution to League Football Award, alongside the Screwfix Moment of the Season, will be announced on the night, as will the 2021 Mitre Goal of the Season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum