Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question about the Board

+10
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Keegan
CEF
doffcocker
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
Alf Hooker
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Question about the Board Empty Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 17:33

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Serious question here, apart from Gartside who seemingly is taking a course in 'Deckchair Rearranging'. what exactly do they do? why are they there? what is the point of them? are they just trousering their slice of the pie until they get found out? I honestly don't know but I want to...

2Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 17:37

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Fuck all looking at today

3Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alf Hooker wrote:Serious question here, apart from Gartside who seemingly is taking a course in 'Deckchair Rearranging'. what exactly do they do? why are they there? what is the point of them? are they just trousering their slice of the pie until they get found out? I honestly don't know but I want to...

Get the club £100m in debt. They've done a bang up job.

4Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 20:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a good question i have absolutely no idea.

I think the saying goes the higher up you are in a company the less you do. I suspect that rings true.

5Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 21:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I personally know someone on the Board - and to be fair apart from the odd bit of cosmetic work to what he does - as the majority of the work is actually done via a 3rd party, I honestly do not know what he does apart from syphoning money from the club - known as a wage!

6Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 21:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What's most irritating is the bullshit Gartside has been coming out with since the summer.

"No promotion simply isn't an option." (or words to that effect)

When I first heard it, my initial reaction was that it was uncharacteristic of him to say such a thing and that I wouldn't be surprised if it's just for marketing - he makes out he's taking no prisoners, has fans thinking the club means business, gives the impression we won't be seeing anything like the sort of shit we've been seeing, it enthuses fans and they renew their season tickets.
We were already having a disappointing season this time ten days ago. Since then we've taken a point from two home games and lost on the road to the favourites for relegation, yet Coyle is still in a job, proving that Gartside is full of shit.

7Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Mon Oct 08 2012, 23:39

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I genuinely can't comment on what they do when they get there. But, we all know how they get there. Money - simple as that!!!

The reason OC hasn't been sacked today is very simple. He was given 20 games after relegation. THAT is a fact!! Today he had a kind of 'half-term review'. I guess it was a difficult 2 hour meeting for all concerned, but at the end of it, the club/board/PG/ED decided to give OC the remainder of the 20 games.

Again, I wasn't there so am only summising, but I expect there is a caveat that if we don't get significant improvement in the next 5 games, then he could well be sacked before the 20 games.

In other words, consider he has 15 games (i.e. another 5).

Hope this helps explains today's events.

So, taking this into account, either get behind the team and manager, or stay away (as a number of supposed fans have so far stated)!!!

8Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 00:16

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

One more month, then?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 00:17

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Keegan wrote:One more month, then?

Yep, I guess that is what I am saying!!!!!

10Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 00:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The games after Bristol City, are Wolves and Middlesboro away followed by Catrdiff and Leicester at home, and Blackpool away, and seeing we get shafted by Millwall. I cannot for the life of me see us getting more than 4 points from them fixtures, so why give him another 5 games with them fixtures coming up?

11Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 00:50

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Martin - I get where you are coming from.

But there was an agreement in OC's staying on after relegation. 20 games or out.

If it is now 15, then fair enough, because OC now knows what he has to do during the next 5-10 games.

12Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 01:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CEF wrote:Martin - I get where you are coming from.

But there was an agreement in OC's staying on after relegation. 20 games or out.

If it is now 15, then fair enough, because OC now knows what he has to do during the next 5-10 games.
I also see what you are saying, but if Coyle cannot put a plan in place to stifle a struggling Millwall team, how is he going to stop Wolves and Middlesboro cutting us a new one, let alone Cardiff and Leicester who at the moment top the league.

13Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 01:04

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Martin- very simple. If those team 'cut us a new one', then OC will be gone.

It really is as simple as, now he knows the target and deadline.

Lets support him and the club through the next 5 games and see where we are!!!!

14Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 01:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

CEF wrote:Martin- very simple. If those team 'cut us a new one', then OC will be gone.

With you on that one CEF, but I think we both know he cannot cut the mustard sadly.

15Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 01:12

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:
CEF wrote:Martin- very simple. If those team 'cut us a new one', then OC will be gone.

With you on that one CEF, but I think we both know he cannot cut the mustard sadly.

Correct - he may not cut the mustard. But, I don't see that we have any choice but to support him and the team in the meantime.

If it goes wrong, then that's it. Coyle goes and there will hopefully be time for a new manager to come in and sort it.

16Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 11:29

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

[

The reason OC hasn't been sacked today is very simple. He was given 20 games after relegation. THAT is a fact!! Today he had a kind of 'half-term review'. I guess it was a difficult 2 hour meeting for all concerned, but at the end of it, the club/board/PG/ED decided to give OC the remainder of the 20 games.

??

17Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 11:32

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like CEF, I thought they might have given him more time. It's not as if we are miles behind in the league.

Depending on who comes in it could be a case of better the devil you know.

18Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 11:37

CEF

CEF
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Alf Hooker wrote:[

??

Alf - Eddie has over-ruled PG and ordered the sacking!!!!

I wonder if PG himself may now be under pressure?

19Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 11:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

PG has flown out to Mexico apparently. Why would he do that at a time like this when he will need to be in the UK for negotiations with any potential managerial candidates ?

Bizarre, ill-timed, or what ?

20Question about the Board Empty Re: Question about the Board Tue Oct 09 2012, 12:27

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

CEF wrote:
Alf Hooker wrote:[

??

Alf - Eddie has over-ruled PG and ordered the sacking!!!!

I bloody hope so and if it is true ED over-ruled Fat Phil then its belated but welcome and that can only be for the greater good of BWFC - onwards and upwards!

I wonder if PG himself may now be under pressure?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum