Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

121Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 17:46

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Yes, I started badly, and it petered out from there. Razz I'm surprised you consider my posts 'musings'. That might be putting it kindly. I'm pretty sure Bob would call them balderdash. Very Happy
Not at all, Boncey. I find your musings amusing.

122Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 18:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:
I could only count on one hand  Wink Very Happy
I reasonable idea what you were doing with the other one. Very Happy

123Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 18:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Not at all, Boncey. I find your musings amusing.
Thanks Bob. I'll send my man round with the usual. Wink

124Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 21:56

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks Bob. I'll send my man round with the usual. Wink
Please don't take it amiss, Boncey, but Lady Bobsworth and I have stopped doing the steps of Bobsworth Towers with donkey stone after one of our staff overheard some cutting comments from visitors at one of our charity open days.

125Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
Thanks Bob. I'll send my man round with the usual. Wink
Please don't take it amiss, Boncey, but Lady Bobsworth and I have stopped doing the steps of Bobsworth Towers with donkey stone after one of our staff overheard some cutting comments from visitors at one of our charity open days.

Very Happy

I expect there is a few off here that don't know what a donkey stone is or what it is used for!

I well remember my dear old mam donkey stoning the steps of our 'Coronation Street' type terrace house when I was a child.  I also remember she used to get them from the rag and bone men who used to give them away as a thank you everytime you gave them something to takeaway for you - brings back memories of Steptoe now!

Christ the world was so different back then.

We had so little in terms of wealth or possessions but had so much love and happiness, well at least I did.

Brings a tear to my eye recalling such fond memories of most of my lifetime ago.

I wonder what sort of memories my daughter will have when she is my age - I hope they are full of love and happiness too.

I've failed her if she doesn't.

126Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 29 2021, 07:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy

I expect there is a few off here that don't know what a donkey stone is or what it is used for!

I well remember my dear old mam donkey stoning the steps of our 'Coronation Street' type terrace house when I was a child.  I also remember she used to get them from the rag and bone men who used to give them away as a thank you everytime you gave them something to takeaway for you - brings back memories of Steptoe now!

Christ the world was so different back then.

We had so little in terms of wealth or possessions but had so much love and happiness, well at least I did.

Brings a tear to my eye recalling such fond memories of most of my lifetime ago.

I wonder what sort of memories my daughter will have when she is my age - I hope they are full of love and happiness too.

I've failed her if she doesn't.

I well remember my mum getting a donkey stone from the raggy. Until he started giving balloons instead. When she was a girl, in the thirties, the rag and bone man gave away chicks. Sadly, when hers got old enough her dad throttled and cooked it. I don't think she ever got over it, and still talks about it now.
They were tough times. Her mother died in childbirth when she was six, and her dad, who was in very poor health, had to struggle to raise her alone.
She was 18 when her dad died, leaving her to face a post war world alone, and, I reckon, she's made a pretty good fist of it. Very Happy
Not sure a precious veggie, vegan, leftie, like me, could have hacked it.
A remarkable generation, who somehow got through life without twitter, or posting what they were having for breakfast on Instagram.

127Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 12:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Not seen you around in a while Bob, hope you and yours are ok?

If you do see this post of mine then I hope you might find the following (tact on to the bottom of an Iles article about the search for a striker!) of interest.

Meanwhile, Football Ventures are working towards releasing their first set of financial accounts by the end of this month.

Wanderers’ parent company, Football Ventures (Whites Limited) have been given a deadline of June 30 to file their figures for 2019-20.

The documents should provide the first real peek behind the curtain, and a chance assess the financial challenges faced by Bolton’s owners since they took the club out of administration in September 2019.

The football club arm of the company, FVWL Football Limited, is likely to be flagged up on Companies House as having overdue accounts from today (June 10).

The Bolton News understands that the current auditing process will cover all three sections of the club – parent, football and the FVWL Hotel Limited – and produce accounts in one go.

Many businesses have been operating on extended deadlines because of issues during the pandemic, and that has resulted in the three different arms of the group having three separate deadlines set.

As a result, accounts should be available for Wanderers fans to check by the due date of the parent company, June 30.

No financial information has been made available for supporters since April 2018 when the last set of the soon-to-be-defunct Burnden Leisure Ltd accounts were issued. This was followed by a confirmation statement the following October.

128Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 12:41

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
It should all make interesting reading.

129Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 13:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Cajunboy wrote:It should all make interesting reading.

Don't know if you are being serious Cajun or tongue in cheek!

But each to their own I suppose, I'll find it interesting and so will Bob, whilst others may think it to be as dull as ditch-water!

130Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy

131Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 14:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Norpig wrote:I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy

Believe it or not I try to explain everything simply as I can on here.

You can't explain complicated things in just a throwaway sentence or two - hence why my posts are often so long (and no doubt boring to many).

The level of ignorance on social media (including here) is shocking to my mind - and before anyone starts I'm not saying people are thick or that I know better than you or whatever way you may want to take it - I mean it in the sense that people are quite happy to speak (argue and rant even) on things they quite clearly lack basic knowledge and understanding on.

I'm not saying you need to be an expert to make comments or express opinions but just because someone somewhere says something on social media/ express an opinion in a newspaper or on TV, etc, doesn't mean they are right (and that includes me).

All people need to do is do a bit of checking for themselves about what they've read and I mean that can be as easy and quickly as a search on Google and/or Wiki before going off on one - usually at people like me who are trying to explain things they simply don't wish to hear or believe.

I will of course try to make sense of the clubs accounts when they are posted but Bob is the specialist on these and I hope he is around and wants to share his views on them at the time.

132Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 15:55

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:Not seen you around in a while Bob, hope you and yours are ok?

If you do see this post of mine then I hope you might find the following (tacted on to the bottom of an Iles article about the search for a striker!) of interest.

Meanwhile, Football Ventures are working towards releasing their first set of financial accounts by the end of this month.

Wanderers’ parent company, Football Ventures (Whites Limited) have been given a deadline of June 30 to file their figures for 2019-20.

The documents should provide the first real peek behind the curtain, and a chance assess the financial challenges faced by Bolton’s owners since they took the club out of administration in September 2019.

The football club arm of the company, FVWL Football Limited, is likely to be flagged up on Companies House as having overdue accounts from today (June 10).

The Bolton News understands that the current auditing process will cover all three sections of the club – parent, football and the FVWL Hotel Limited – and produce accounts in one go.

Many businesses have been operating on extended deadlines because of issues during the pandemic, and that has resulted in the three different arms of the group having three separate deadlines set.

As a result, accounts should be available for Wanderers fans to check by the due date of the parent company, June 30.

No financial information has been made available for supporters since April 2018 when the last set of the soon-to-be-defunct Burnden Leisure Ltd accounts were issued. This was followed by a confirmation statement the following October.
I have been taking a look from time to time, Sluffy, but I am as disinterested with all the political prejudices as others are bored with football finances.

I decided to have a quick look on the Cheltenham Town's forum after one of their locals tweeted how classy Sharon's message to the chairman of CTFC was. Some folk there seemed interested in what I had to say.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

My contributions are on the FGR and Play-off Final threads. You might find them of interest, including the latest on Cousin Vinny.

133Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 16:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:I have been taking a look from time to time, Sluffy, but I am as disinterested with all the political prejudices as others are bored with football finances.

I decided to have a quick look on the Cheltenham Town's forum after one of their locals tweeted how classy Sharon's message to the chairman of CTFC was. Some folk there seemed interested in what I had to say.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=3

My contributions are on the FGR and Play-off Final threads. You might find them of interest, including the latest on Cousin Vinny.

Good for you Bob, from what I've read the Cheltenham posters seem quite keen to learn much more about 'Stale Mince' (as one of them named him!).

I'm pleased you haven't got the abuse that was handed out to you on here.

Hope you pop by from time to time and would love to hear your opinions on the accounts when published.

Stay safe.

134Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 10 2021, 17:55

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Don't know if you are being serious Cajun or tongue in cheek!

But each to their own I suppose, I'll find it interesting and so will Bob, whilst others may think it to be as dull as ditch-water!

Seriously I was being serious.

I spent most of my life doing bookkeeping/accounts work, mainly for shopkeepers, pubs and garages.

I always enjoyed delving into  other people's finances.

135Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jun 11 2021, 06:41

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

Good for you Bob, from what I've read the Cheltenham posters seem quite keen to learn much more about 'Stale Mince' (as one of them named him!).

I'm pleased you haven't got the abuse that was handed out to you on here.

Hope you pop by from time to time and would love to hear your opinions on the accounts when published.

Stay safe.

That's kind of you, Sluffy.

Its commonplace, I have found, that those with strong political convictions have a tendency to jump to dubious conclusions and disregard apparent contradictions.

You may have noticed that Royal Cheltenham Spa, who seems to be a bit of a lefty, is not in the least bothered that Cheltenham Town's largest shareholder is a company based in the Cayman Islands and has not answered my query over his derogatory claim about BWFC:

Precisely the type of ‘new money’, publicity hunting, and egotistical bunch of owners and investors which is the opposite of Cheltenham.[/quote]



Do you mean Eddie Davies, 'the Sports Shield Consortium' or new owners, Football Ventures?

This is what Sky's business presenter, Ian King, had to say about Eddie Davies:

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-views-wo ... s-11503661

New money, eh?


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


For context, this is what prompted his comment:

I had noticed the well-heeled connections and that former Chancellor, Geoffrey Howe, has recently joined the board of Matheson & Co. Doesn't Simon Keswick live in the Cotswolds?

All a far cry from Bolton Wanderers and Eddie Davies. When ED was trying to sell his BWFC shares, he bemoaned that there was nothing but a long list of tyre-kickers, wannabe asset-strippers and chancers leaving their calling cards. In the end he had to settle for what the Bolton News described as 'the Sports Shield consortium'. It actually consisted of two recently formed one pound companies owned by Messrs Holdsworth and Anderson, a match not exactly made in heaven. Present EFL supremo, Trevor Birch, was advising Davies at the time and I don't think he was too impressed.

There's been no shortage of hogwash and tripe published in the BN about it all and the majority of Bolton supporters seem to have had an appetite for it, blaming Anderson whilst Holdsworth, in cahoots with the Supporters Trust, walked off with a large, but still unquantified, sum of money for doing close to nothing.



I'll be interested in the accounts when they are eventually published. By that time they'll be a year out of date, of course. 

I think FV are playing the 'delay' card. Sadly its common practice.

And what of Cousin Vinny? Looks like he's had to sell his Electric Highway to Gridserve. Maybe he's short of cash. I wonder why.

136Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jun 11 2021, 22:41

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Turns out that Simon Keswick was a bit like Eddie. Not keen on the media. Can't say I blame him. 

Be interested to hear what Boncey has to say bearing in mind that Cheltenham's biggest shareholder used to be chairman of Kwiksave.

137Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jun 11 2021, 22:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Turns out that Simon Keswick was a bit like Eddie. Not keen on the media. Can't say I blame him. 

Be interested to hear what Boncey has to say bearing in mind that Cheltenham's biggest shareholder used to be chairman of Kwiksave.

It might be interesting if Glos whose two local teams are Cheltenham and FGR has any views on them or their owners?

138Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 07:56

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

It might be interesting if Glos whose two local teams are Cheltenham and FGR has any views on them or their owners?
Royal Cheltenham Spa has now back-tracked saying that he was referring to 'a lot of other football owners in general' in his jibe  about ‘new money’, publicity hunting, and egotistical bunch of owners and investors '


He wouldn't have to look very far from Royal Cheltenham Spa to find someone fitting that description, would he? 


There's not been a lot of 'publicity hunting' from Cousin Vinny on the sale of the Electric Highway except for his claim that it needed more capital investment. Interesting that Gridserve can borrow the money from Hitachi Capital when he can't, apparently.


 In the world of spin, what's the difference between a wrong'un and a googly?

139Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 11:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

It might be interesting if Glos whose two local teams are Cheltenham and FGR has any views on them or their owners?
Royal Cheltenham Spa has now back-tracked saying that he was referring to 'a lot of other football owners in general' in his jibe  about ‘new money’, publicity hunting, and egotistical bunch of owners and investors '


He wouldn't have to look very far from Royal Cheltenham Spa to find someone fitting that description, would he? 


There's not been a lot of 'publicity hunting' from Cousin Vinny on the sale of the Electric Highway except for his claim that it needed more capital investment. Interesting that Gridserve can borrow the money from Hitachi Capital when he can't, apparently.


 In the world of spin, what's the difference between a wrong'un and a googly?

As you will know Bob, they are the same!

Very Happy

Something else you might know as well is that in Australia the delivery is known as a Bosie after Bernard Bosanquet the man that discovered the bowling action - whose son Reginald (Reggie) went on to become the famous TV newsreader!

140Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 11:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

141Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 12:54

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You can't listen to that stuff, Boncey. You'll have the MGBGT mob after you or is it KPMG. Oh I dunno but it ain't allowed anymore, alright?

142Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You can't listen to that stuff, Boncey. You'll have the MGBGT mob after you or is it KPMG. Oh I dunno but it ain't allowed anymore, alright?
I go by the only criterion I know. Is it funny? I'll keep listening. They were pioneers.
The LGBTQ love them too. Mostly. I've no worries about being cancelled.

143Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 09:49

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
I go by the only criterion I know. Is it funny? I'll keep listening. They were pioneers.
The LGBTQ love them too. Mostly. I've no worries about being cancelled.
I've been dealing with a will made in Canada recently and just happened to come across this Parky interview with Rowan Atkinson. Hope you like it.

144Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
This too.

145Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 22:23

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:This too.

Actually, Boncey, I prefer the unsmutty version
 

146Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 17 2021, 08:35

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
The man who says he's no interest in money or possessions, lives in a £3 million fortified mansion and draws a million quid a year in interest-free loans from his loss-making businesses reckons Elon Musk is a hypocrite.



147Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 17 2021, 10:21

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

As you will know Bob, they are the same!

Very Happy

Something else you might know as well is that in Australia the delivery is known as a Bosie after Bernard Bosanquet the man that discovered the bowling action - whose son Reginald (Reggie) went on to become the famous TV newsreader!
I did know that, Sluffy. Three times married Reggie was also fond of a tipple and consequently sometimes known as Reginald Beaujolais.

His death in 1984, at the young age of 51, coincided with the more publicised death of Eric Morecambe.

148Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jun 21 2021, 17:07

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
With Rishi Sunak wondering how to save money, I've been wondering if Nuts favourite eco-warrior has collared any more COVID cash and whether HSBC are going to renew his loan mountain.

149Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 07:41

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Did anyone else know that Olive Oyl used to play for FGR?

Vince Watch - Page 5 E4AAe-OVgAInI_b?format=jpg&name=small

150Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 22:38

Ten Bobsworth


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Norpig wrote:I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy
There was a time when I thought Norpig might be ideally qualified to join the ST board but I was mistaken. 

Norpig might be a bit of a lefty but he's not that dumb. He knows he hasn't a clue on finances and that puts him head and shoulders above Terrie and the Dreamers.

RCS on Robins Nest thinks the Cobblers ST is no different. I couldn't possibly comment.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29151

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum