Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+7
Cajunboy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

141Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 12:54

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
You can't listen to that stuff, Boncey. You'll have the MGBGT mob after you or is it KPMG. Oh I dunno but it ain't allowed anymore, alright?

142Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat Jun 12 2021, 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
You can't listen to that stuff, Boncey. You'll have the MGBGT mob after you or is it KPMG. Oh I dunno but it ain't allowed anymore, alright?
I go by the only criterion I know. Is it funny? I'll keep listening. They were pioneers.
The LGBTQ love them too. Mostly. I've no worries about being cancelled.

143Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 09:49

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I go by the only criterion I know. Is it funny? I'll keep listening. They were pioneers.
The LGBTQ love them too. Mostly. I've no worries about being cancelled.
I've been dealing with a will made in Canada recently and just happened to come across this Parky interview with Rowan Atkinson. Hope you like it.

144Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This too.

145Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 13 2021, 22:23

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:This too.

Actually, Boncey, I prefer the unsmutty version

146Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 17 2021, 08:35

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The man who says he's no interest in money or possessions, lives in a £3 million fortified mansion and draws a million quid a year in interest-free loans from his loss-making businesses reckons Elon Musk is a hypocrite.

147Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 17 2021, 10:21

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

As you will know Bob, they are the same!

Very Happy

Something else you might know as well is that in Australia the delivery is known as a Bosie after Bernard Bosanquet the man that discovered the bowling action - whose son Reginald (Reggie) went on to become the famous TV newsreader!
I did know that, Sluffy. Three times married Reggie was also fond of a tipple and consequently sometimes known as Reginald Beaujolais.

His death in 1984, at the young age of 51, coincided with the more publicised death of Eric Morecambe.

148Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jun 21 2021, 17:07

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With Rishi Sunak wondering how to save money, I've been wondering if Nuts favourite eco-warrior has collared any more COVID cash and whether HSBC are going to renew his loan mountain.

149Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 07:41

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did anyone else know that Olive Oyl used to play for FGR?

Vince Watch - Page 8 E4AAe-OVgAInI_b?format=jpg&name=small

150Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 22:38

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy
There was a time when I thought Norpig might be ideally qualified to join the ST board but I was mistaken. 

Norpig might be a bit of a lefty but he's not that dumb. He knows he hasn't a clue on finances and that puts him head and shoulders above Terrie and the Dreamers.

RCS on Robins Nest thinks the Cobblers ST is no different. I couldn't possibly comment.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29151

151Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 23:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Norpig wrote:I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy
There was a time when I thought Norpig might be ideally qualified to join the ST board but I was mistaken. 

Norpig might be a bit of a lefty but he's not that dumb. He knows he hasn't a clue on finances and that puts him head and shoulders above Terrie and the Dreamers.

RCS on Robins Nest thinks the Cobblers ST is no different. I couldn't possibly comment.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29151

I don't know if you were aware Bob but Northampton Town started the first ever Supporters Trust!

I think the fact that they are no further forward than they were when they started back almost thirty years ago is testament that they aren't really fit for purpose other than to be a starting point for a new phoenix club after the original one has gone bust!

Two articles about this that may interest you - the second by your favourite national journalist no less!

What does the Northampton Town case teach us about fans' role in football clubs?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2015/oct/16/northampton-town-supporters-trusts-football-clubs

Football mourns Brian Lomax, the founding father of supporter activism
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/02/brian-lomax-death-supporters-direct-northampton-town

152Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 07:59

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

I don't know if you were aware Bob but Northampton Town started the first ever Supporters Trust!

I think the fact that they are no further forward than they were when they started back almost thirty years ago is testament that they aren't really fit for purpose other than to be a starting point for a new phoenix club after the original one has gone bust!

I'd forgotten that Sluffy but thanks for reminding me. Nearly six years on from these articles, the same issues remain at Northampton. 'Meanwhile, club debt owed to the owners has increased to around £6 million', claims the Cobblers Trust

What they really mean is that the stingy bar stewards have lent the club £6million rather than given it away. Its just the way ST types think, if you can call it 'thinking'.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-grateful-for-trusts-support-as-discussions-progress-with-new-council-over-development-of-east-stand-3244058

At Bolton, Sharon hasn't got round to telling us yet how much the club debt has increased or who it's owed to. FVWL Football Ltd accounts are already a fortnight overdue according to Companies House. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12090433

153Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 08:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's almost a complement from Bob, thanks  Very Happy

154Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 09:02

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:That's almost a complement from Bob, thanks  Very Happy
It is a compliment, Norpig. The world's full of charlatans; cowboy builders, quack doctors, unqualified or unregulated lawyers and financial advisors and people who hold themselves out to have expertise or experience they have never possessed. In real life, they are invariably a menace.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Jun 27 2021, 09:20; edited 1 time in total

155Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jun 25 2021, 09:53

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its never too late to learn summat new, Norpig. I was well into my seventies before I had my first real introduction to company share buybacks through Egotricity and sniffed out what lay behind it all.

But what about FV? Why is it that 750,000 shares in Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd are now owned by Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd. What's that all about?

Still no accounts, I see, and no comments or observations from those trusty guardians of everything that's great and good, the BWFCST. 

They've met Tracey Crouch, you know. That must have been nice for them (or her). One moment in time to treasure.

156Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 27 2021, 09:17

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyone else delaying filing their 2020 accounts? Venal Dice? Need you ask?

157Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jul 04 2021, 07:39

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Another week gone and still no accounts from Van de Lice.

Perish the thought he'd try to keep summat under wraps for as long as poss.

158Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jul 04 2021, 22:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wonder if we'll get our friend Manda back on board. As an ex chairwoman of Bath City, maybe she could throw some light on financial matters at that end of the spectrum.
I know she was busy in 2020, having been elected the Mayor of Bath, but now that's come to an end, maybe she'll once again grace us with her presence.

159Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 09:46

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I wonder if we'll get our friend Manda back on board. As an ex chairwoman of Bath City, maybe she could throw some light on financial matters at that end of the spectrum.
I know she was busy in 2020, having been elected the Mayor of Bath, but now that's come to an end, maybe she'll once again grace us with her presence.
None of this is coming to mind, Boncey, but I remember quite well when we played Bath City in the FA Cup in 1963. We only drew at their place through Lee one pen but I was one of the 27,000 at Burnden to see a 3-0 win for the Whites. Gordon Taylor, Frannie Lee (again) and Wyn Davies got the goals.

Bath were non-league at the time and more than decent. iirc Tony Book played for them and Malcolm Allison was manager before both ended up having considerable success after they moved to Citeh.

P.S. Bath City have filed their 2020 accounts on time.

160Vince Watch - Page 8 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 10:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's Manda getting the jab. I looked a lot less happy.
Vince Watch - Page 8 Escenic--2--4

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum