Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

151Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jun 23 2021, 23:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
@Norpig wrote:I'm sure i should find it interesting but to be honest i haven't a clue on finances so it will make no sense to me. Try and keep it simple Sluffy when you do report on it  Very Happy
There was a time when I thought Norpig might be ideally qualified to join the ST board but I was mistaken. 

Norpig might be a bit of a lefty but he's not that dumb. He knows he hasn't a clue on finances and that puts him head and shoulders above Terrie and the Dreamers.

RCS on Robins Nest thinks the Cobblers ST is no different. I couldn't possibly comment.

http://www.robinsnestforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29151

I don't know if you were aware Bob but Northampton Town started the first ever Supporters Trust!

I think the fact that they are no further forward than they were when they started back almost thirty years ago is testament that they aren't really fit for purpose other than to be a starting point for a new phoenix club after the original one has gone bust!

Two articles about this that may interest you - the second by your favourite national journalist no less!

What does the Northampton Town case teach us about fans' role in football clubs?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2015/oct/16/northampton-town-supporters-trusts-football-clubs

Football mourns Brian Lomax, the founding father of supporter activism
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/02/brian-lomax-death-supporters-direct-northampton-town

152Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 07:59

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

I don't know if you were aware Bob but Northampton Town started the first ever Supporters Trust!

I think the fact that they are no further forward than they were when they started back almost thirty years ago is testament that they aren't really fit for purpose other than to be a starting point for a new phoenix club after the original one has gone bust!

I'd forgotten that Sluffy but thanks for reminding me. Nearly six years on from these articles, the same issues remain at Northampton. 'Meanwhile, club debt owed to the owners has increased to around £6 million', claims the Cobblers Trust

What they really mean is that the stingy bar stewards have lent the club £6million rather than given it away. Its just the way ST types think, if you can call it 'thinking'.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-grateful-for-trusts-support-as-discussions-progress-with-new-council-over-development-of-east-stand-3244058

At Bolton, Sharon hasn't got round to telling us yet how much the club debt has increased or who it's owed to. FVWL Football Ltd accounts are already a fortnight overdue according to Companies House. 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12090433

153Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 08:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That's almost a complement from Bob, thanks  Very Happy

154Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jun 24 2021, 09:02

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:That's almost a complement from Bob, thanks  Very Happy
It is a compliment, Norpig. The world's full of charlatans; cowboy builders, quack doctors, unqualified or unregulated lawyers and financial advisors and people who hold themselves out to have expertise or experience they have never possessed. In real life, they are invariably a menace.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sun Jun 27 2021, 09:20; edited 1 time in total

155Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jun 25 2021, 09:53

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Its never too late to learn summat new, Norpig. I was well into my seventies before I had my first real introduction to company share buybacks through Egotricity and sniffed out what lay behind it all.

But what about FV? Why is it that 750,000 shares in Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd are now owned by Football Ventures (Whites) Ltd. What's that all about?

Still no accounts, I see, and no comments or observations from those trusty guardians of everything that's great and good, the BWFCST. 

They've met Tracey Crouch, you know. That must have been nice for them (or her). One moment in time to treasure.

156Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jun 27 2021, 09:17

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Anyone else delaying filing their 2020 accounts? Venal Dice? Need you ask?

157Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jul 04 2021, 07:39

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Another week gone and still no accounts from Van de Lice.

Perish the thought he'd try to keep summat under wraps for as long as poss.

158Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jul 04 2021, 22:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I wonder if we'll get our friend Manda back on board. As an ex chairwoman of Bath City, maybe she could throw some light on financial matters at that end of the spectrum.
I know she was busy in 2020, having been elected the Mayor of Bath, but now that's come to an end, maybe she'll once again grace us with her presence.

159Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 09:46

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I wonder if we'll get our friend Manda back on board. As an ex chairwoman of Bath City, maybe she could throw some light on financial matters at that end of the spectrum.
I know she was busy in 2020, having been elected the Mayor of Bath, but now that's come to an end, maybe she'll once again grace us with her presence.
None of this is coming to mind, Boncey, but I remember quite well when we played Bath City in the FA Cup in 1963. We only drew at their place through Lee one pen but I was one of the 27,000 at Burnden to see a 3-0 win for the Whites. Gordon Taylor, Frannie Lee (again) and Wyn Davies got the goals.

Bath were non-league at the time and more than decent. iirc Tony Book played for them and Malcolm Allison was manager before both ended up having considerable success after they moved to Citeh.

P.S. Bath City have filed their 2020 accounts on time.

160Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 10:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Here's Manda getting the jab. I looked a lot less happy.
Vince Watch - Page 6 Escenic--2--4

161Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 11:00

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I wonder if we'll get our friend Manda back on board. As an ex chairwoman of Bath City, maybe she could throw some light on financial matters at that end of the spectrum.
Got it now, Boncey. That would be this Manda Rigby:

Manda Rigby said: "My business acumen and knowledge of football are the equal of any man.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/aug/03/uefa-broadcast-rights-euro-2016

Is she, by chance, any relation to the ST's supremo. He'd invite you to 'draw your own conclusions' if you asked him how BWFC spent its money.

162Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 11:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Her love of hot Vimto is a worry. Nat's influence runs deep.
Didn't end well at Bath.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25495476

163Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon Jul 05 2021, 13:36

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Her love of hot Vimto is a worry. Nat's influence runs deep.
Didn't end well at Bath.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25495476
A love of hot Vimto's nowt to worry about, Boncey. It sounds like one of her more endearing qualities, if you ask me.
I hope you're keeping your eyes peeled for all those pesky balance sheets inadvertently left at bus stops up and down the country.

164Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue Jul 06 2021, 11:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bob, you'll be pleased to learn that Marcus is now a scarecrow. He's part of the Lymm scarecrow trail 2021. 44 scarecrows were entered, 45 until they realised I was only looking, with prize money to boot.
Marcus looked great.
Vince Watch - Page 6 12768326
But I'm not too sure about Greta.

Vince Watch - Page 6 12768331

165Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jul 07 2021, 08:22

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I quite liked the Greta one, Boncey.

Lest I forget, the red warning signs gone up at Companies House on FGR too.

Great minds think alike? I don't think so.

166Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu Jul 08 2021, 07:32

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Guess what? FGR have filed their 2020 accounts. Late but not as late as FV's, who still haven't filed.

Looks like Cousin Vinny squeezed £250K and a hug out of Auntie Sharon over the Doidge affair and they pulled in another £434K in furlough grants.

FGR also make whacking great charges to other companies in the Ecotricity (now Green Britain) group. They don't say which companies but it was £2.6million in 2020 and £2.7million in the previous year. Doesn't half make your P&L look better.

Meanwhile, down in Derby, the Rams haven't filed their 2019 accounts yet and have been ordered to redo three years of their accounts.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-sanctions-revealed-efl-5567222

167Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri Jul 09 2021, 09:48

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
TWE*Pmeister Maguire was busy on Twitter yesterday when FGR filed their accounts (late).

Surprisingly he spotted that FGR have been charging Ecotricity £millions to make it look like they were making a profit when they are really making losses. He didn't put it that way, of course, but you wouldn't expect him to, would you?

No wonder Conn likes him. TWE*Ps of a feather.

168Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun Jul 11 2021, 10:00

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I thought I'd have another look at FGR and Ecotricity now that FGR have filed their 2020 accounts.

The Ecotricity Group has reported aggregate losses of £27.6million over the last ten years of which FGR's reported losses account for £12.8million. Look a bit closer and you see that over recent years FGR has been bumping its 'commercial' charges to Ecotricity averaging over £2.5million for the last three seasons but probably aggregating £9million+ over ten years.

What does this mean? It means, if you believe the figures, that the vast majority of Ecotricity's losses are down to FGR whilst it has been borrowing money hand over fist, now including government-backed COVID loans.

Nethen Messrs Conn, Maguire et al, where have you reported any of that?

169Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jul 21 2021, 09:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

170Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed Jul 21 2021, 14:48

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
I saw this earlier today. I’ve done Saint  Marcus and there’s not a lot more to say. There was  one 
bit that interested me but no point going there.
It looks like somebody might have bailed Evil Dance out though. Please tell me it wasn’t more COVID cash.

171Vince Watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Vince Watch Today at 09:16

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
FGR - Vegan, sustainable and ethical! Really?

Vince is vegan alright and running up massive debt and spending other people's money is sustainable as long as individuals, bankers and the government are daft enough to keep lending it, but ethical?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum