Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+7
Cajunboy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

21Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 02 2021, 21:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy  :good:

That's ok mate.

Funnily enough I was just editing my post to make it easier to understand as you posted - so I guess you must have got the gist of it from what I initially put down.

If you or anyone else want's to ask anything about all this just ask and I try to explain things as simply as I can.

The bottom line though is that BWFC (like all other professional clubs) is/are a business first and foremost and is/are required to act within the laws the governs companies - whereas most fans see it as some sort of 'thing' that only exists on the pitch and everything else doesn't matter/ is irrelevant.

That's why there was such a big mismatch recently when the owners of the 'big six' clubs wanted to set up the ESL - and the fans didn't - the owners viewed what was right for the business whilst the fans viewed what was best for the game - hence the huge disparity.

The same could be said of Anderson's actions in keeping the club which was basically insolvent going for so long whilst the fans (such as Wanderlust) believed he had robbed the club blind for his own benefit and didn't pay the players (or others) on time because he was immoral.

He might well have been immoral but the audit of the books have shown he didn't rob the club and more or less kept it alive (after Eddie's death) just long enough for a buyer to be found and the club to be sold to FV - even though that meant not paying the players and bills on time!

Ultimately the company dictates what happens on the pitch and not the other way around as most fans seem to think it does (if they even think about the company that owns the club at all!).

22Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 02 2021, 22:04

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Instead is just sneering at me just explain it because i honestly don't understand any of the documents.

Has the Hotel been put into liquidation now and why does Kenocchio's name keep appearing?
Don't take it personally, Norpig. Its just a bit of lampooning at the absurdity of ill-informed commentary on BWFC's finances. Its been going on for years and is just the same with Vince (and Rashford). That's why Vince Watch exists.

Ken Anderson's record, with the help of Eddie Davies, was actually quite good but most folk preferred to believe media mindlessness, Supporters Trust tripe and Beeno balderdash. They still do.

23Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 02 2021, 22:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Don't take it personally, Norpig. Its just a bit of lampooning at the absurdity of ill-informed commentary on BWFC's finances. Its been going on for years and is just the same with Vince (and Rashford). That's why Vince Watch exists.

Ken Anderson's record, with the help of Eddie Davies, was actually quite good but most folk preferred to believe media mindlessness, Supporters Trust tripe and Beeno balderdash. They still do.
Have a care. Spelling it with a double e was clever, but doesn't let you off the hook. As a proud member of the Dennis & Gnasher Fan Club, I take great exception to your associating The Beano with balderdash.
For future reference, I'm also a member of The Desperate Dan Pie Eaters Club, The Famous Five Club, and The Outlaws Club. The last being the most dangerous due to its weapons stash. Don't mess with us Bob.

Vince Watch - Page 2 Img_1510

24Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 02 2021, 23:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The only club I used to be in was the Odeon club.

Anybody else in it too?

We used to sing this (although the words were still the same as this, the tune was a bit more modern than this older version - and there was a 'bouncing ball' type think that used to tell you when to sing the words - if you get what I mean).



Happy days!

25Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 07:10

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Have a care. Spelling it with a double e was clever, but doesn't let you off the hook. As a proud member of the Dennis & Gnasher Fan Club, I take great exception to your associating The Beano with balderdash.
For future reference, I'm also a member of The Desperate Dan Pie Eaters Club, The Famous Five Club, and The Outlaws Club. The last being the most dangerous due to its weapons stash. Don't mess with us Bob.

Vince Watch - Page 2 Img_1510
Have you told the committee of The Desperate Dan Pie Eaters Club that you've turned to veganism, Boncey? Just wait till Boris (or Carrie Antoinette) find out.

26Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 07:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dan's cow pies are the vegan option. We've kept it quiet to avoid any fuss. I'm still trying to get him to stop smoking.
A dustbin on the end of a drainpipe is less than ideal, as pipes go.
Vince Watch - Page 2 JpzXfPnpwkXb3JdVwVM6Q9s4WLbdZHWuBxED3Q48ydnRSHs7Y4Oj7RytWv_WNv_52bpuVyZCsXKYXYLctyWgPbZhwDDFiEu-C-wF

27Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 07:23

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Dan's cow pies are the vegan option. We've kept it quiet to avoid any fuss. I'm still trying to get him to stop smoking.
A dustbin on the end of a drainpipe is less than ideal, as pipes go.
Vince Watch - Page 2 JpzXfPnpwkXb3JdVwVM6Q9s4WLbdZHWuBxED3Q48ydnRSHs7Y4Oj7RytWv_WNv_52bpuVyZCsXKYXYLctyWgPbZhwDDFiEu-C-wF
Dan's cow pies vegan? Is there nothing sacred anymore?

28Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 12:45

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is what every Bolton fan should be remembering on 3 May:




Nowt about it in the Beeno from the looks of it.

29Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 12:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He made Boys Own in 1953 though.
Vince Watch - Page 2 Tilleysvintagemagazinessheffield28072018_0001

30Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 13:06

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I still have naughty thoughts about Violet Elizabeth.

31Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 13:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Let’s not forget the lovely Joan too.

32Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 13:40

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:He made Boys Own in 1953 though.
Vince Watch - Page 2 Tilleysvintagemagazinessheffield28072018_0001
Looks like the club might have forgotten today's anniversary too.

33Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 14:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might want to forget those underpants. Very Happy
Vince Watch - Page 2 Large_10

34Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 20:33

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Might want to forget those underpants. Very Happy
Vince Watch - Page 2 Large_10
I could be wrong but that's not a Wanderer if you ask me, Boncey.

Poor old Norpig was expressing an opinion on summat he knew next to nothing about. Sadly that's been par for the course for a long time on Nuts and I cannot, in all honesty, say that Norpig's been the sole or main transgressor.

But it ain't just Nuts either. Its just about everywhere. Some might have noticed that Whitesince63 has recently been on the receiving end of vile and abusive profanities from the army of Richard Heads on WW for daring to express views that are unwelcome to the potty-mouthed lynch mob types that hold sway on that site.



Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue May 04 2021, 06:58; edited 1 time in total

35Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 21:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy days.

Vince Watch - Page 2 Large

36Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 03 2021, 22:16

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Happy days.

Vince Watch - Page 2 Large
Its got to be Birchy then. Can't say I remember seeing him in Y-fronts before but the 1958 Cup Final was probably his best game in a Wanderers shirt. 
I think that Birchy and Tommy Banks are the last survivors of the Cup winning team. Fantastic bunch of lads though.

37Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 04 2021, 07:36

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lord Rodborough's back having a pop at Boris and cosying up to XR again.

Could it be that his charm offensive with the the Trublues the other day didn't get him very far?

38Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 04 2021, 08:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:But it ain't just Nuts either. Its just about everywhere. Some might have noticed that Whitesince63 has recently been on the receiving end of vile and abusive profanities from the army of Richard Heads on WW for daring to express views that are unwelcome to the potty-mouthed lynch mob types that hold sway on that site.

Yes I've seen some of that and it has been going on for a week or two now.

Tbh I don't know why 63 bothers, it isn't that he's going to change the minds / behaviour of those who are hounding him.  

I've no doubt a few troll him for fun too.

What I do find sad/disturbing is that few if any 'decent' people intervene anymore to make a stand for those who are basically being victimised/bullied.

Some years back when forums were new to many of us, good folk would call out unacceptable behaviour from others but clearly now I guess that is a thing of the past - presumably because they are afraid about ending up targets of the trolling/abuse themselves.

The only real 'law' on such forums are the Admin/mods - but if they don't wish to run the site fairly and honestly to everyone - so if your face clearly doesn't fit, then what's the point sticking around - you are always going to be trolled/abused no matter what.

Nuts might not be everybody's cup of tea but everyone is treated equally and fairly on here - even those who clearly have/had issues with me!

39Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 04 2021, 09:28

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Yes I've seen some of that and it has been going on for a week or two now.

Tbh I don't know why 63 bothers, it isn't that he's going to change the minds / behaviour of those who are hounding him.  

I've no doubt a few troll him for fun too.

What I do find sad/disturbing is that few if any 'decent' people intervene anymore to make a stand for those who are basically being victimised/bullied.

Some years back when forums were new to many of us, good folk would call out unacceptable behaviour from others but clearly now I guess that is a thing of the past - presumably because they are afraid about ending up targets of the trolling/abuse themselves.

The only real 'law' on such forums are the Admin/mods - but if they don't wish to run the site fairly and honestly to everyone - so if your face clearly doesn't fit, then what's the point sticking around - you are always going to be trolled/abused no matter what.

Nuts might not be everybody's cup of tea but everyone is treated equally and fairly on here - even those who clearly have/had issues with me!
People who bother, bother because they care, Sluffy. Unfortunately Nuts has generally been reduced to a rump of folk who use the site to reinforce their prejudices irrespective of the facts that they so desperately want to hide, ignore or suppress. 

Its what politicians do all the time but at least Nuts remains open to examine some of the things that the media has got wrong or overlooked.

40Vince Watch - Page 2 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 04 2021, 10:04

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why's no-one come up with a reason yet for 'Melanie Maynard House'?

Was Saint Marcus' mum really visiting foodbanks before foodbanks existed?







Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Thu May 13 2021, 07:33; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum