Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

61Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Wed May 12 2021, 07:25

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
We haven't heard yet from Lord Rodborough about yesterday's arrest of his non-violent hammer-wielding friend/former friend, Gail Bradbrook.

How much does Ecotricity owe HSBC? £90million at the last count, wasn't it?

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/19293549.extinction-rebellion-co-founder-gail-bradbrook-arrested/

62Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 17 2021, 18:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
No action on Vince Watch for almost a week. I'm worried about Bob. Has Dale had him rubbed out?

Are the ST holding him against his will? I'm forming a search party. We leave for Tierra del Fuego on Thursday. (Bring your own sandwiches)

63Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 17 2021, 18:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Yes, I hope Bob is ok too.

I've noticed him online a time or two this week, so I'm guessing he's just having having a little break following seasons end.

Hope to see him back soon.

64Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 17 2021, 18:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I reckon he's gone vegan, and is struggling to come to terms with it. Very Happy

65Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu May 20 2021, 06:58

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
KERCHING! 
KERCHING!
KERCHING!

MUCS Enterprises 2020 accounts have been filed at Companies House.

Profits from 'Other service activities not elsewhere classified' have come in at £3.4m, £2m more than the previous year.

Saint Marcus, bless his cotton socks, has drawn a salary of £7,470 (no national insurance, you see), whilst the company has £4.3m in the bank.

Beats hod carrying any day of the week, 'Ah'm tellin' thee'.

66Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu May 20 2021, 08:56

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Evan sounds like another fan of Lord Rodborough

67Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 21 2021, 16:18

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Andrew Neil reckons Auntie Beeb's 'a cesspit'.

He might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Well, not any more than I have done previously!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1439275/Andrew-Neil-bbc-princess-diana-martin-bashir-1995-interview-lord-dyson-royal

68Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 21 2021, 17:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Pretty rich from a man who employed David Irving.

69Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 21 2021, 22:37

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Pretty rich from a man who employed David Irving.
You couldn't possibly comment on the BBC either then, Boncey?

The other Lee Anderson's been commenting on Gary Winston Lineker. He, generous soul that he is, reckons the Beeb's  favoured 'star' should be paid a living wage. 

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1437875/gary-lineker-walkers-deal-nick-knowles-bbc-sack-cereal-ad-shreddies-spt

'Rational View' commenting in th'Express wonders whether Lineker has 'a stash of embarrassing info on the BBC bosses? How else can he get away with it?'

Others might just be wondering the same about Bashir.

70Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 21 2021, 23:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The BBC has long been an embarrassment. No ads though, despite their own in house ads driving people nuts.
I don't know anyone who regularly still watches the Beeb, or ITV for that matter. 
Lineker couldn't find his arse with both hands, and much the same could be said of the other so called experts on MOTD. 
The whole house of cards will come crashing down over the next few years. Luckily, you can still find Bill and Ben on youtube, so I'm sorted. I've got Bagpuss, and Noggin the Nog in reserve too.

71Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 00:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:The BBC has long been an embarrassment. No ads though, despite their own in house ads driving people nuts.
I don't know anyone who regularly still watches the Beeb, or ITV for that matter. 
Lineker couldn't find his arse with both hands, and much the same could be said of the other so called experts on MOTD. 
The whole house of cards will come crashing down over the next few years. Luckily, you can still find Bill and Ben on youtube, so I'm sorted. I've got Bagpuss, and Noggin the Nog in reserve too.

I always liked this ad from the BBC

Very Happy

Also anybody got any views on Micah Richards, not that I really watch much of MOTD, as everytime I do I always wish he'd sit up in his chair instead of always slouching, stop the endless fake laughs and give some football insight other than what are inevitably Manchester City based.

Maybe unfairly on my part I just get the feel that the only reason he's on is that he is ticking the boxes for being, young, black and being on the inside at Manchester City and not for anything he adds in analysis or perception or even genuine bonhomie.

72Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 07:42

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Congratulations to Saint Marcus for becoming the youngest person to top the Sunday Times giving list.

Its claimed that when 'his PR team' teamed up with 'Fareshare's PR team' it boosted Fareshare's income by £20m giving Saint Marcus a 'Giving Index' of 125.

You couldn't make it up! Well you could really because isn't that what media hype's all about?

It would be nice to know how much Saint Marcus has actually given himself and how much more his 'other service activities not elsewhere classified' have pulled in from these associations. 

KERCHING!!!!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12312360/marcus-rashford-man-utd-forward-becomes-youngest-person-to-top-sunday-times-giving-list

Vince Watch - Page 3 Icon_user_profile  Vince Watch - Page 3 Icon_contact_pm

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat May 22 2021, 09:25; edited 1 time in total

73Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 09:23

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
In other news, Cousin Vinny's going to sell 'virtual' FGR shirts to TWE*Ps for a fiver and a full virtual kit for a tenner whilst the 'female' candidate for the FGR manager's job didn't apply at all.

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/19317304.forest-green-womens-super-league-without-knowledge/

Are you allowed to say someone's 'female' these days?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9600339/Law-student-hits-formal-disciplinary-action-gender-debate.html

74Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 12:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I've not really got much interest as to what goes on at the BBC but this remark caught my eye today so I thought I'd have a look about what he (Julian Knight) was talking about - once you watch the video below you could certainly see his point!!!

Julian Knight, chairman of a committee that scrutinises the organisation, told the BBC he wanted to know why Bashir was rehired as a correspondent in 2016 and later promoted to religion editor.

He has written to the BBC's director general Tim Davie ahead of a private committee meeting on Wednesday.

Speaking on BBC Radio 4's Today programme, he questioned why Bashir was "good enough" to be re-employed by the BBC, if he had been found to lie and had had to resign from US news and chat network MSNBC in 2013 over controversial remarks.

Mr Knight, chairman of the House of Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, added: "I would also want to know, what precisely did he do in his job? He wasn't on air a great deal."

The BBC has defended rehiring Bashir, saying the post was filled after a competitive interview process. Bashir left the BBC earlier this month without a pay-off.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57209829

affraid

75Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 13:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just curious, Sluffy. What did you find wrong with the video?

76Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 13:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Just curious, Sluffy. What did you find wrong with the video?

What did you find right with it???

You don't go broadcasting that someone should shit in someone else's mouth no matter what stupid remark they may have said.

If you look in the link above I posted in respect of Julian Knights comments you will find another link to Bashir being fired which also contains his utterly groveling apology regarding his comments - even he knows he was completely wrong to have said it publicly (even if he does think it personally).

It shows if nothing else his judgement was wrong in respect of the job that he was doing.

77Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 17:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

What did you find right with it???

You don't go broadcasting that someone should shit in someone else's mouth no matter what stupid remark they may have said.

If you look in the link above I posted in respect of Julian Knights comments you will find another link to Bashir being fired which also contains his utterly groveling apology regarding his comments - even he knows he was completely wrong to have said it publicly (even if he does think it personally).

It shows if nothing else his judgement was wrong in respect of the job that he was doing.
I found it rather funny, and more than a little odd. This was clearly a recorded segment, so who the hell looked at that and thought it appropriate for broadcast.
Bashir hung himself, with a rope he provided himself, on a gallows built by his ego.

78Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 22:15

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
'During his lifetime, he was known for fund-raising and supporting charities and hospitals, in particular Stoke Mandeville Hospital  in Aylesbury Leeds General Infirmary  and Broadmoor Hospital  in Berkshire . In 2009, he was described by The Guardian  as a "prodigious philanthropist"[10]  and was honoured for his charity work.[11]  He was awarded the OBE  in 1971 and was knighted  in 1990. In 2006 he introduced the last edition of Top of the Pops.'

Is there anyone in their right mind who could not see that Savile was suspect? The exaltation of Savile told me all I needed to know about Auntie Beeb all those years ago.

79Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 22:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:'During his lifetime, he was known for fund-raising and supporting charities and hospitals, in particular Stoke Mandeville Hospital  in Aylesbury Leeds General Infirmary  and Broadmoor Hospital  in Berkshire . In 2009, he was described by The Guardian  as a "prodigious philanthropist"[10]  and was honoured for his charity work.[11]  He was awarded the OBE  in 1971 and was knighted  in 1990. In 2006 he introduced the last edition of Top of the Pops.'

Is there anyone in their right mind who could not see that Savile was suspect? The exaltation of Savile told me all I needed to know about Auntie Beeb all those years ago.
Small beer.
Vince Watch - Page 3 Image.coreimg

80Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sat May 22 2021, 23:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

81Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 07:37

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
You don't have to be a gullible TWE*P to be a fan of the Beeno, the Guardian or Auntie Beeb but it sure helps.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2021/may/22/marcus-rashford-whenever-i-hear-no-i-ask-myself-why-not

Giving index of 125?

Vince Watch - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKtWxeyIN-yl7V9F_GyQEu70L7oYu1HL0bVQ&usqp=CAU

82Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 09:27

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:
I had to endure some of Eurovision last night, Sluffy, but was permitted some respite by retiring to bed before 'our friends in Europe' told us how much they loved all things British AGAIN. 

Our entrant reminded me of Freddie from the Beano after a few trips to Weight Watchers but it didn't do him much good. You may remember Freddie as being the artist previously known as summat else.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1439703/Beano-comic-Fatty-names-change-woke-Britain-politically-correct-discrimination-Freddy

Anyway here's a bit more Father Ted as consolation.

83Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
I never 'got' Eurovision so always avoided it over the years.

I could however understand that many people liked it but no longer can do even that anymore since it is simply now just a means of many other nations taking the opportunity to give us a good kicking to show they don't really like us much (or at least those involved in the voting) - it really has become extremely tribalised - so much for unity and nations coming together - wasn't that the original concept of it all...?

Anyway thought you might like our Eurovision resident commentator Graham (Father Noel Furlong) Norton's best bits from Father Ted!

84Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 14:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We don't lose because no one likes us. Our entries are always crap. I'm being polite.

85Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 14:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:We don't lose because no one likes us. Our entries are always crap. I'm being polite.

Our entries might well be crap but voting history clearly shows various contry's bias over the years and clearly we aren't that poular with more than a few!

Equally crap songs from other country's will always pick up some points from their mates!

It really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things and maybe we would look even worse if we did pull out of Eurovision but anybody watching it from this country expecting us to do well, even if we had clearly the best song on the night, will end up very disappointed!

86Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 15:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Come back DANA.

87Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 15:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Our entries might well be crap but voting history clearly shows various contry's bias over the years and clearly we aren't that poular with more than a few!

Equally crap songs from other country's will always pick up some points from their mates!

It really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things and maybe we would look even worse if we did pull out of Eurovision but anybody watching it from this country expecting us to do well, even if we had clearly the best song on the night, will end up very disappointed!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/20/eurovision-2021-politics-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-uk-doing-badly-14614069/

88Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/20/eurovision-2021-politics-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-uk-doing-badly-14614069/

Taken from your link above -

"Writing and singing Embers, James Newman has actually brought a good song to Rotterdam this year, and now that some much-needed pyro has been added to his stage show, it could be a great performance. He has promoted his song well and is an all-round lovely guy".

The author, I'm sure, would certainly have not expected him to get zero points as he did! Also...

"So it won’t be his fault if Embers doesn’t make it to the left hand side of the scoreboard this Saturday, but it also won’t be the fault of Brexit, or voting blocs. It will be the United Kingdom’s sliding chart of apathy to sneering that will mean that Europe isn’t falling over itself to hand out douze points. Why reward the bare minimum?"

So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the suggestion here is that the song ISN'T marked on it's merit but the 'perceived' effort the country puts into the competition?  Ergo I might be the only person in this country to enter the competition to represent the UK - and even have the best song by miles and perform it brilliantly but because the country as a whole hasn't bothered with Eurovision then other country's voting would reflect that and I wouldn't win?

If so isn't that exactly the point I made that we are not popular with those that cast their votes???

Also the article does give many examples and reasons why some country's often vote for certain others - simply because for many reasons they are biased towards them - language, culture, etnicity, etc, so other than Ireland which other European coutry's are closely biased towards ourselves - not many I would suggest.

And if that isn't enough beware the old saying when reading the author's statistics, you know the one about lies...

Very Happy

Finally from the author's own Twitter account!

affraid

89Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 18:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A member of the winning band has been accused of snorting coke during the contest. He denies it.

At the end of the day, it's a waste of an evening. And as we're not in Europe, why are we even competing? Very Happy Then again, neither is Israel, so it must be a TV thing. Israel get in because the Israel Broadcasting Authority was an active member of the European Broadcasting Union.
It's bonkers. Terry Wogan's mocking commentary used to be priceless.

90Vince Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 18:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
FGR 2 up already.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum