Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

+7
Cajunboy
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

81Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23, 2021 5:37 pm

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You don't have to be a gullible TWE*P to be a fan of the Beeno, the Guardian or Auntie Beeb but it sure helps.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2021/may/22/marcus-rashford-whenever-i-hear-no-i-ask-myself-why-not

Giving index of 125?

Vince Watch - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKtWxeyIN-yl7V9F_GyQEu70L7oYu1HL0bVQ&usqp=CAU

82Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23, 2021 7:27 pm

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
I had to endure some of Eurovision last night, Sluffy, but was permitted some respite by retiring to bed before 'our friends in Europe' told us how much they loved all things British AGAIN. 

Our entrant reminded me of Freddie from the Beano after a few trips to Weight Watchers but it didn't do him much good. You may remember Freddie as being the artist previously known as summat else.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1439703/Beano-comic-Fatty-names-change-woke-Britain-politically-correct-discrimination-Freddy

Anyway here's a bit more Father Ted as consolation.

83Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23, 2021 11:56 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I never 'got' Eurovision so always avoided it over the years.

I could however understand that many people liked it but no longer can do even that anymore since it is simply now just a means of many other nations taking the opportunity to give us a good kicking to show they don't really like us much (or at least those involved in the voting) - it really has become extremely tribalised - so much for unity and nations coming together - wasn't that the original concept of it all...?

Anyway thought you might like our Eurovision resident commentator Graham (Father Noel Furlong) Norton's best bits from Father Ted!

84Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 12:24 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We don't lose because no one likes us. Our entries are always crap. I'm being polite.

85Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 12:56 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:We don't lose because no one likes us. Our entries are always crap. I'm being polite.

Our entries might well be crap but voting history clearly shows various contry's bias over the years and clearly we aren't that poular with more than a few!

Equally crap songs from other country's will always pick up some points from their mates!

It really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things and maybe we would look even worse if we did pull out of Eurovision but anybody watching it from this country expecting us to do well, even if we had clearly the best song on the night, will end up very disappointed!

86Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 1:12 am

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Come back DANA.

87Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 1:18 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Our entries might well be crap but voting history clearly shows various contry's bias over the years and clearly we aren't that poular with more than a few!

Equally crap songs from other country's will always pick up some points from their mates!

It really doesn't mean much in the scheme of things and maybe we would look even worse if we did pull out of Eurovision but anybody watching it from this country expecting us to do well, even if we had clearly the best song on the night, will end up very disappointed!

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/20/eurovision-2021-politics-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-uk-doing-badly-14614069/

88Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 2:51 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/20/eurovision-2021-politics-have-nothing-to-do-with-the-uk-doing-badly-14614069/

Taken from your link above -

"Writing and singing Embers, James Newman has actually brought a good song to Rotterdam this year, and now that some much-needed pyro has been added to his stage show, it could be a great performance. He has promoted his song well and is an all-round lovely guy".

The author, I'm sure, would certainly have not expected him to get zero points as he did! Also...

"So it won’t be his fault if Embers doesn’t make it to the left hand side of the scoreboard this Saturday, but it also won’t be the fault of Brexit, or voting blocs. It will be the United Kingdom’s sliding chart of apathy to sneering that will mean that Europe isn’t falling over itself to hand out douze points. Why reward the bare minimum?"

So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the suggestion here is that the song ISN'T marked on it's merit but the 'perceived' effort the country puts into the competition?  Ergo I might be the only person in this country to enter the competition to represent the UK - and even have the best song by miles and perform it brilliantly but because the country as a whole hasn't bothered with Eurovision then other country's voting would reflect that and I wouldn't win?

If so isn't that exactly the point I made that we are not popular with those that cast their votes???

Also the article does give many examples and reasons why some country's often vote for certain others - simply because for many reasons they are biased towards them - language, culture, etnicity, etc, so other than Ireland which other European coutry's are closely biased towards ourselves - not many I would suggest.

And if that isn't enough beware the old saying when reading the author's statistics, you know the one about lies...

Very Happy

Finally from the author's own Twitter account!

affraid

89Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 4:13 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A member of the winning band has been accused of snorting coke during the contest. He denies it.

At the end of the day, it's a waste of an evening. And as we're not in Europe, why are we even competing? Very Happy Then again, neither is Israel, so it must be a TV thing. Israel get in because the Israel Broadcasting Authority was an active member of the European Broadcasting Union.
It's bonkers. Terry Wogan's mocking commentary used to be priceless.

90Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FGR 2 up already.

91Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 7:12 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:FGR 2 up already.

Bob will be pleased but the final score is....

21:06
FULL-TIME - NEWPORT COUNTY MAKE FINAL
Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Newport County (4-5 agg)

That's it. One of the most extraordinary play-off semi-final second legs is over.

Newport County are off to Wembley!

92Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 7:41 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remarkable game, in horrible conditions. Newport will stuff Morecambe.

93Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 7:56 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Remarkable game, in horrible conditions. Newport will stuff Morecambe.

Morecambe beat Tranmere too on aggregate, so FGR, Tranmere and start of the season favourite Salford, all miss out on promotion.

What a shame!

(If only Wigan had got relegated and Liverpool had not scraped into the top four Champion League's spot then it would have been a pretty decent overall season for me!). Very Happy

Not really bothered who wins the play off final but I'll stick up for Morcambe simply because they are a Lancashire team.

94Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 8:38 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Newport will be too strong for them, but it's a one off game, and anything can happen. Seen so many teams fail to turn up on the day. The only certainty is there'll be heartache and joy in equal measure.
Just glad we made it without having to suffer the play off nightmare.

95Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 9:01 am

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Bob will be pleased but the final score is....

21:06
FULL-TIME - NEWPORT COUNTY MAKE FINAL
Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Newport County (4-5 agg)

That's it. One of the most extraordinary play-off semi-final second legs is over.

Newport County are off to Wembley!
I am quite pleased, Sluffy. I was also pleased to see that Rapunzel got an outing. Only caught a glimpse but she looked a bit under-nourished to me. No Sunday roast for her I'd wager.

Will the media ever catch up with how much debt Ecotricity's run up or where all the money's gone? I wouldn't put money on that one.

96Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fed my brother some Swedish vegan ice cream today, without mentioning it was vegan. He said it was the best he's had in a long time. He was well pissed off when I told him.

97Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I think Newport will be too strong for them, but it's a one off game, and anything can happen. Seen so many teams fail to turn up on the day. The only certainty is there'll be heartache and joy in equal measure.
Just glad we made it without having to suffer the play off nightmare.
I can't say I was impressed with Morecambe either, Boncey. They spend far too much time going to ground for my liking and they can keep Stockton.

Best thing about Morecambe is their fans. There aren't many of 'em but they do get behind the team.

Did I mention that their Supporters Trust makes ours look non league?

P.S. How are you allowed to call vegan ice cream, ice 'cream'?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon May 24, 2021 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

98Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 5:45 pm

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Apropos Sharon's delayed congrats to Cheltenham Town's chairman on gaining promotion, I had a quick look at The Robins Nest Forum this morning. It doesn't get a mention but they do have an FGR thread where one of its contributors seems to have cottoned on to summat:

'Considering the club is owned by Ecotricity it’s not technically Vince’s cash', says ctfc-fan.

A shame ctfc-fan hasn't cottoned on to the idea that Ecotricity isn't Vince's cash either but he/she is still ahead of the field down Glos way.

99Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 6:32 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I can't say I was impressed with Morecambe either, Boncey. They spend far too long on the ground for my liking and they can keep Stockton.

Best thing about Morecambe is their fans. There aren't many of 'em but they do get behind the team.

Did I mention that their Supporters Trust makes ours look non league?

P.S. How are you allowed to call vegan ice cream, ice 'cream'?
Vegan ice cream is a tricky one Bob. I'm wondering if we can come up with a new name for it? I know what my dad would have called it. 
He always said I should throw my grub down the toilet and cut out the middle man.

100Vince Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:

Morecambe beat Tranmere too on aggregate, so FGR, Tranmere and start of the season favourite Salford, all miss out on promotion.

What a shame!

(If only Wigan had got relegated and Liverpool had not scraped into the top four Champion League's spot then it would have been a pretty decent overall season for me!). Very Happy

Not really bothered who wins the play off final but I'll stick up for Morcambe simply because they are a Lancashire team.
FGR, Tranmere and Salford all missing out. Lets get the party started. Second thoughts - better not.

Don't tell Yorkies that Morecambe's in Lancashire. They think its Bradford-on-sea

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17591330.remember-morecambe-known-bradford-on-sea-tourism-heyday/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum