Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Vince Watch

Vince Watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

91Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 21:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:FGR 2 up already.

Bob will be pleased but the final score is....

21:06
FULL-TIME - NEWPORT COUNTY MAKE FINAL
Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Newport County (4-5 agg)

That's it. One of the most extraordinary play-off semi-final second legs is over.

Newport County are off to Wembley!

92Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 21:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Remarkable game, in horrible conditions. Newport will stuff Morecambe.

93Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 21:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Remarkable game, in horrible conditions. Newport will stuff Morecambe.

Morecambe beat Tranmere too on aggregate, so FGR, Tranmere and start of the season favourite Salford, all miss out on promotion.

What a shame!

(If only Wigan had got relegated and Liverpool had not scraped into the top four Champion League's spot then it would have been a pretty decent overall season for me!). Very Happy

Not really bothered who wins the play off final but I'll stick up for Morcambe simply because they are a Lancashire team.

94Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 22:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think Newport will be too strong for them, but it's a one off game, and anything can happen. Seen so many teams fail to turn up on the day. The only certainty is there'll be heartache and joy in equal measure.
Just glad we made it without having to suffer the play off nightmare.

95Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 23:01

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Bob will be pleased but the final score is....

21:06
FULL-TIME - NEWPORT COUNTY MAKE FINAL
Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Newport County (4-5 agg)

That's it. One of the most extraordinary play-off semi-final second legs is over.

Newport County are off to Wembley!
I am quite pleased, Sluffy. I was also pleased to see that Rapunzel got an outing. Only caught a glimpse but she looked a bit under-nourished to me. No Sunday roast for her I'd wager.

Will the media ever catch up with how much debt Ecotricity's run up or where all the money's gone? I wouldn't put money on that one.

96Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Sun May 23 2021, 23:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fed my brother some Swedish vegan ice cream today, without mentioning it was vegan. He said it was the best he's had in a long time. He was well pissed off when I told him.

97Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 06:12

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I think Newport will be too strong for them, but it's a one off game, and anything can happen. Seen so many teams fail to turn up on the day. The only certainty is there'll be heartache and joy in equal measure.
Just glad we made it without having to suffer the play off nightmare.
I can't say I was impressed with Morecambe either, Boncey. They spend far too much time going to ground for my liking and they can keep Stockton.

Best thing about Morecambe is their fans. There aren't many of 'em but they do get behind the team.

Did I mention that their Supporters Trust makes ours look non league?

P.S. How are you allowed to call vegan ice cream, ice 'cream'?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Mon May 24 2021, 08:33; edited 1 time in total

98Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 07:45

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Apropos Sharon's delayed congrats to Cheltenham Town's chairman on gaining promotion, I had a quick look at The Robins Nest Forum this morning. It doesn't get a mention but they do have an FGR thread where one of its contributors seems to have cottoned on to summat:

'Considering the club is owned by Ecotricity it’s not technically Vince’s cash', says ctfc-fan.

A shame ctfc-fan hasn't cottoned on to the idea that Ecotricity isn't Vince's cash either but he/she is still ahead of the field down Glos way.

99Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 08:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I can't say I was impressed with Morecambe either, Boncey. They spend far too long on the ground for my liking and they can keep Stockton.

Best thing about Morecambe is their fans. There aren't many of 'em but they do get behind the team.

Did I mention that their Supporters Trust makes ours look non league?

P.S. How are you allowed to call vegan ice cream, ice 'cream'?
Vegan ice cream is a tricky one Bob. I'm wondering if we can come up with a new name for it? I know what my dad would have called it. 
He always said I should throw my grub down the toilet and cut out the middle man.

100Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 08:41

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Sluffy wrote:

Morecambe beat Tranmere too on aggregate, so FGR, Tranmere and start of the season favourite Salford, all miss out on promotion.

What a shame!

(If only Wigan had got relegated and Liverpool had not scraped into the top four Champion League's spot then it would have been a pretty decent overall season for me!). Very Happy

Not really bothered who wins the play off final but I'll stick up for Morcambe simply because they are a Lancashire team.
FGR, Tranmere and Salford all missing out. Lets get the party started. Second thoughts - better not.

Don't tell Yorkies that Morecambe's in Lancashire. They think its Bradford-on-sea

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/17591330.remember-morecambe-known-bradford-on-sea-tourism-heyday/

101Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 12:33

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Nuts fashionista's need wait no longer. Here's the latest fashion shoot of Saint Marcus where he 'traded his United red for a series of bold outfits from English heritage brand Burberry', it says.

What next for our hero? Would he look out of place in the Eurovision Song Contest?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9612237/Marcus-Rashford-takes-centre-stage-edgy-new-cover-shoot.html

Vince Watch - Page 4 43368333-9612237-image-a-2_1621848631298

102Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 13:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd look good in that. I'm off to B&Q for some wire netting and some bib and brace overalls.

103Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Mon May 24 2021, 13:57

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:I'd look good in that. I'm off to B&Q for some wire netting and some bib and brace overalls.
If you've still got a Ron Hill string vest, Boncey, you could dye it silver, sew on a few glass beads and you'd be halfway to being an icon.

Do you need an agent?

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue May 25 2021, 12:29; edited 1 time in total

104Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 07:44

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

105Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 08:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:
If you've still got a Ron Hill string vest, Boncey, you could dye it silver, sow on a few glass beads and you'd be halfway to being an icon.

Do you need an agent?
I've got a Ron Hill cap with '#RunEveryDay' on the back. Sadly, walking briskly is the best I can manage these days, but with the right gear I could cause a stir in the geriatric fashion world.
And I'm not sure an agent could help. I know Woody Allen's Broadway Danny Rose had a one legged tap dancer on his books, but even he would struggle with me.

106Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Did Ron Hill have a sports shop in town years ago? I seem to remember going in there a lot when i was a kid. It was opposite the the old market hall.

107Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 08:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Did Ron Hill have a sports shop in town years ago? I seem to remember going in there a lot when i was a kid. It was opposite the the old market hall.
Can't bring it to mind, but I remember he did something for Tobbut a few years ago.

108Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 09:50

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
I've got a Ron Hill cap with '#RunEveryDay' on the back. Sadly, walking briskly is the best I can manage these days, but with the right gear I could cause a stir in the geriatric fashion world.
And I'm not sure an agent could help. I know Woody Allen's Broadway Danny Rose had a one legged tap dancer on his books, but even he would struggle with me.
Don't sell yourself short, Boncey. Jon Snow (yes I know he's a TWE*P) has just become a dad at 73.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/08/channel-4-newsreader-jon-snow-becomes-dad-again-at-73-14210797/

109Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 10:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A bit sad when your dad wears your hand-me-down nappies. Shocked

110Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Tue May 25 2021, 11:33

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:
Can't bring it to mind, but I remember he did something for Tobbut a few years ago.
I think you’re right Norpig. Sounds familiar now you mention it

111Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu May 27 2021, 11:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bought it yet, Bob?

Vince Watch - Page 4 Md_594517

112Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu May 27 2021, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He didn't play much like a champion last night but the amount of racist abuse he's got since has been utterly disgusting!

113Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Thu May 27 2021, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Did Ron Hill have a sports shop in town years ago? I seem to remember going in there a lot when i was a kid. It was opposite the the old market hall.
He was a friend of my dad's and whilst I can't remember a shop he did start a company in the early 70s that designed and sold branded kit although I think that was originally wholesale. Think they're still going.
The shop thing (near HMV?) does actually ring a bell but I just don't have a clear memory of it (like many things Smile)
One thing I do remember about Ron was that I went to watch my dad doing a marathon and chatting with him and Ron before they set off. My dad finished well over an hour behind Ron though - he was effing quick!

114Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 07:23

Ten Bobsworth

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@boltonbonce wrote:Bought it yet, Bob?

Vince Watch - Page 4 Md_594517
Clever boy Marcus, ain't he? Cleverer than Barack Obama at the same age.

Anyway, Boncey, do you have any inkling as to why Vince Watch has been castrated and who dun it?

115Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Ten Bobsworth wrote:Anyway, Boncey, do you have any inkling as to why Vince Watch has been castrated and who dun it?

It is an automatic feature of the site Bob, once any thread gets over a certain amount of posts it automatically 'archieves' the first thousand and continues into a new thread - although as a user you don't see any change other than the tread count suddenly is shown to be much lower.

The first thousand posts aren't lost at all, they are simply 'locked' at the date where the last post of the thousand (well 990th actually) was made.

You can find them all still here -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20957-vince-watch?highlight=vince+watch

(Fwiw I think Bonce's thread is now on about it's sixth(?) life!).

116Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 14:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

It is an automatic feature of the site Bob, once any thread gets over a certain amount of posts it automatically 'archieves' the first thousand and continues into a new thread - although as a user you don't see any change other than the tread count suddenly is shown to be much lower.

The first thousand posts aren't lost at all, they are simply 'locked' at the date where the last post of the thousand (well 990th actually) was made.

You can find them all still here -

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t20957-vince-watch?highlight=vince+watch

(Fwiw I think Bonce's thread is now on about it's sixth(?) life!).

Probably on volume 12 by now, Sluffy. KP stopped counting at 6. Very Happy

Strangely enough, I can remember my first ever post, and I think it was that we should have been looking to sign Nahki Wells.
Seems a long time ago now.

117Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:Probably on volume 12 by now, Sluffy. KP stopped counting at 6. Very Happy

Strangely enough, I can remember my first ever post, and I think it was that we should have been looking to sign Nahki Wells.
Seems a long time ago now.

Oh God I've read 12 volumes of your musings have I!!!!

I thought your Nahki Wells post the was the pinicle of your posts too!

Very Happy

118Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 16:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy
Yes, I started badly, and it petered out from there. Razz I'm surprised you consider my posts 'musings'. That might be putting it kindly. I'm pretty sure Bob would call them balderdash. Very Happy

119Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 16:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

Very Happy
Yes, I started badly, and it petered out from there. Razz I'm surprised you consider my posts 'musings'. That might be putting it kindly. I'm pretty sure Bob would call them balderdash. Very Happy

As they say, one mans musings are another mans balderdash!

Whatever people may think, myself and most if not everybody else on here are grateful for them - and speaking personally I'm equally greatful for Bob's musings/balderdash or whatever one would like to call it - too.

It would be an awfully dull world if we all thought the same about everything wouldn't it?

120Vince Watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Vince Watch Fri May 28 2021, 16:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Probably on volume 12 by now, Sluffy. KP stopped counting at 6. Very Happy .
I could only count on one hand  Wink Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum