Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » MASKS for Covid

MASKS for Covid

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 11:02

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@Sluffy wrote:

First of all hi johnny, hope you and the family are all safe and well.


Getting there thanks sluffy.

Hope you and yours are all OK.

32MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 11:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Still disappointed after Warrington stuffed us.

33MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 11:30

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Imagine being there......I must admit I prefer sitting down while all this social distancing is going on. I was stood up for the Warrington game and you have to keep your mask on the whole game

34MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 16:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@y2johnny wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:

First of all hi johnny, hope you and the family are all safe and well.


Getting there thanks sluffy.

Hope you and yours are all OK.


All good thanks Johnny.

My daughter is living in London now and the cases seem to be rising there so obviously I'm a bit concerned for her - she's still not had her first jab yet.

Some of the parts of London that seemed to be going through it a bit have started to hold 'pop up' Covid jabs, where anyone over 18 can have one, there was this one at Twickenham Stadium on the Bank Holiday Monday just gone...

https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/news/article/2361/11000_step_up_by_getting_vaccinated_at_twickenham

...and there is one going on in Harrow today.

http://www.healthwatchharrow.co.uk/news

The thing is though that you need two jabs to have maximum protection and even then some have ended up in hospital with it.

The good thing for her though is that it still doesn't seem to be a killer for people under 60, so as long as she's sensible and limits her risks she can still go out and enjoy herself in more or less relative safety.

I'd like to keep her indoors and safe until this thing is finally beaten but she like no doubt your children too (although they will be that much younger than her) want to go out and get on with life - and who can blame them?

I don't doubt cases will shoot up with this Indian version that is going around but as long as they don't lead to loads ending up in hospitals - and us oldies who have had two jabs seem in general not to be doing so, then I think we will be ok over the summer months and by the time the weather is turning cold again and people meeting up inside more often, that everyone 18 or over would have had at least one jab by then.

I'm guessing there will be a new booster jab for us oldies towards the end of the year if not before.

Anyway, for now the problem is in your neck of the woods unfortunately and this table below shows that in the whole of England that Salford is the seventh worst for new cases over the last seven days - and rising fast!

(Warrington pretty safe still for now at 81st if Bonce is reading this)

So keep safe mate.

MASKS for Covid - Page 2 E3EJinGWUAcC-D3?format=jpg&name=medium

35MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 17:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
The top 40 after today's figures - Salford up to 6th!

(Previous chart was all North West local authorities only)

MASKS for Covid - Page 2 E3ISHiqWQAIazaL?format=jpg&name=medium

36MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sat Jun 05 2021, 23:36

y2johnny


Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I got lucky that working for the hospital I've had both my jabs.

Can't say I'm surprised about salford being up there. It's a free for all round here and very few wear masks in shops anymore. I still do even though I'm vaccinated.  Tbh I quite like wearing  mask, I can be an ignorant bustard then :rofl:

My lad doesn't mind it to be honest.  He can "socialise" with his mates on his game and rugby is back so he is back training.  Plus school obviously.

My daughter is back at brownies and cheerleading, plus she is an avid gamer now too!

I'm just coming to the end of my 1st week off since Xmas. It's been nice spending time with the kids and we have got out and about but been careful.

St Abbs to see where they filmed some of avengers end game

Hope Valley for a walk and tonight we went to St Anne's quite late on so it was very quiet.

Normal work (construction and manufacturing) is starting to come back slowly, but still doing bits for NHS.

Fingers crossed we are nearly there now. I keep saying that as I've been saying it from about September last year but it keeps us going

37MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 00:18

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:

First of all hi johnny, hope you and the family are all safe and well.

But yes Karly I totally agree it is a wankathon on here for most of the time and has been for ages.

Obviously I am the biggest part of it but it isn't by my choosing or desire and I get no satisfaction from it other the to laugh at the main two protagonists these days namely Wanderlust and TROY.

Both have their own agendas which involve for want of a better word 'trolling' me.

Wanderlust clearly has personal issues and they manifest themselves on here as a need to be seen right all the time and seeks popularity from other members on here (presumably because no one takes him serious in his real life anymore?).  

TROY has a long standing internet axe to grind with me going back years.

Both are obsessed with me and hence all the endless wankathons to shoot me down, Wanderlust lying and contriving in his vain and pointless attempts to prove he his right and the rest of the world is wrong and TROY endlessly '"correcting me" which is just his way of masking his historic obsession of me over something that happened years ago and for which he carries an internet grudge to this day.

Clearly both have issues that transcends a random internet footy forum whose only purpose is to talk about the club we all follow.

The solution to all this is easy.

They can ignore my posts, they can disagree but draw a line under it and move on, or they can go and post on another forum.

The question is, why don't they?

Alternatively I can do the same - but can I?

All I do is post the facts to refute the fake news and extremely biased and obsessive views that Wanderlust holds - should I allow his hatred and misinformation to contaminate the site?

Similarly when TROY contrives arguments with me when I know they are factually wrong should I not point that out?

I view Wanderlust's behaviour and Troy's internet grudge not to be normal as such - even for the internet!

Mind (the mental Health Charity) research reveals the following -

How common are mental health problems?

- 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem of some kind each year in England .
- 1 in 6 people report experiencing a common mental health problem (like anxiety and depression) in any given week in England.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/statistics-and-facts-about-mental-health/how-common-are-mental-health-problems/

Is in unreasonable that people who post on here have/had mental health issues?

Maybe folk on here believe I have.

They could even be right as I continue to try to explain the facts to Wanderlust and TROY although it is abundantly clear they don't wish to hear/accept them.

They are more concerned about not being seen to be ever wrong in Wanderlust case and having an obsession to get back at me for something meaningless that happened on an obscure internet forum many years ago!

As I say the the solution to this is easy - if they stopped their respective 'hatred' and 'games' I'd have no reason to shoot them down with the facts - and thus no more wankathons.

Maybe one day we will get back to having a pleasant and fun site again...?

Please don’t post about me at random. I have no interest in your weird, internet feuds.

If you have a disagreement with me then give a specific example or give it a rest.

38MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 00:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Please don’t post about me at random. I have no interest in your weird, internet feuds.

If you have a disagreement with me then give a specific example or give it a rest.

I don't have a disagreement with anyone let alone you.

I'm not the obsessive one needing to "correct" you like you state you are with me!

@T.R.O.Y. wrote:More I can’t resist correcting you to be honest. But I’ve said that many times.

Why should you go out of your way to do that if you've not got an issue with me, as you clearly don't "correct" the rest of the world's posters on social media, just little old me!

You only visit Nuts to post to "correct" me, hardly for anything else - not even to celebrate when we won promotion!!!

Perhaps you should tell us why I'm given this special treatment?

Go on then.

We're all sitting comfortably.



Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Jun 06 2021, 01:25; edited 2 times in total

39MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 00:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@y2johnny wrote:I got lucky that working for the hospital I've had both my jabs.

Can't say I'm surprised about salford being up there. It's a free for all round here and very few wear masks in shops anymore. I still do even though I'm vaccinated.  Tbh I quite like wearing  mask, I can be an ignorant bustard then :rofl:

My lad doesn't mind it to be honest.  He can "socialise" with his mates on his game and rugby is back so he is back training.  Plus school obviously.

My daughter is back at brownies and cheerleading, plus she is an avid gamer now too!

I'm just coming to the end of my 1st week off since Xmas. It's been nice spending time with the kids and we have got out and about but been careful.

St Abbs to see where they filmed some of avengers end game

Hope Valley for a walk and tonight we went to St Anne's quite late on so it was very quiet.

Normal work (construction and manufacturing) is starting to come back slowly, but still doing bits for NHS.

Fingers crossed we are nearly there now.  I keep saying that as I've been saying it from about September last year but it keeps us going

Good for you Johnny you clearly love your kids (and no doubt the Mrs too!).

Make the most of your time with them because before you know it they are all grown up and gone!  - the kids not the Mrs!!!

I wish I could turn the clock back and relive the times I spent with my daughter because they were so happy but now she has a life of her own and one I hope she fills with happiness for herself.

Roll on Fathers Day as that will be the next time I see her, not long now though.

Very Happy

40MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 09:02

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
It’s nothing personal Sluffy, you have quite strong views on topics which are based on misinterpretation or often prejudice - and I disagree with you. It’s the point of the forum isn’t it?

We did have more posters so there were a wide range of topics and posters working in parallel but that’s no longer the case.

If you really want this forum to be your own echo chamber then ban me or just shut up would you.

41MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 12:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:It’s nothing personal Sluffy, you have quite strong views on topics which are based on misinterpretation or often prejudice - and I disagree with you. It’s the point of the forum isn’t it?

We did have more posters so there were a wide range of topics and posters working in parallel but that’s no longer the case.

If you really want this forum to be your own echo chamber then ban me or just shut up would you.

Yes of course I'm the only person on here (never mind the internet) with quite strong views based on misinterpretations or often prejudice...

:rofl:

Pull the other one!

I'm the one arguing AGAINST the prejudice and ignorance with the facts ffs!

And if this place is to become my own echo chamber then at least it will be a place where honesty and fairness is being sounded rather than hate and ignorance.

You've held a grudge with me dating back to the days when you and Natasha tried to take over the forum for yourselves and failed several years ago.

I suspect you may even have set one up now in which case I wish you every success and I'm sure you will all be much happier without me around with my weird values of truth and facts and not prejudice and hate.

Have fun.

42MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 12:21

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Me and Natasha tried to setup a forum? What are you on about now?

43MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 12:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m sure it was a breadman that had something to do with that Sluffy when he tried to get me on board.

44MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 13:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@karlypants wrote:I’m sure it was a breadman that had something to do with that Sluffy when he tried to get me on board.

It predates you Karly. It was when he tried to get Biggie on board with him in the early days in order to lock me and RT out and take over the site with matey boy who only posts on here to "correct" me (not obsessed at all then!).

It's all ancient history now and the fact that I never banned those involved (nor indeed when Johnny and a few others briefly set up a rival forum) shows how seriously I've ever taken the internet - unlike some!!!

At the end of the day we are all grown ups, if people want to believe folks off the internet without checking any facts, or troll people (sorry "correct" people) on the internet because they don't like them or what they say, or breakaway and set up your own forums then there's nothing to stop them - so go ahead.

I personally like to stick as close as I can to the facts and rather do people a good turn than a bad one.

If that makes me out to be a pariah or some sort of a weirdo in folks eyes then it doesn't bother me.

I rather be that than join in with the blind ignorance and hatred of others.

It's only the internet after all!

I certainly can't change the world, nor even open the eyes of one or two on here.

C'est la vie.

We get what we deserve I suppose.

45MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 13:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fair enough. Smile

46MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 14:44

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You’re claiming that my account (either T.R.O.Y. or BWFC1874) tried to setup a rival forum with Nat?

That never happened, and if you’re going to start trying the same trick you used on Xmiles and claim I’m using multiple accounts I’ll just leave now I really can’t be bothered with that.

So either post some evidence or drop it immediately.

47MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 15:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:You’re claiming that my account (either T.R.O.Y. or BWFC1874) tried to setup a rival forum with Nat?

That never happened, and if you’re going to start trying the same trick you used on Xmiles and claim I’m using multiple accounts I’ll just leave now I really can’t be bothered with that.

So either post some evidence or drop it immediately.

Leave then, I won't miss your constant obsessive trolling (whoops sorry "correcting") of me?

It's a bit strange don't you think why someone with no axe to grind only comes on the site to have a pop at me???

Fwiw I had a little delve into your recent posting history on here and the last time you commented about Bolton was the game we won against Morecambe - nothing at all when we lost against Exeter where we could have clinch promotion but lost, nothing at all in our must win match against Crawley when we won and nothing at all about our promotion!!!

Bit odd considering you are a fan - but it hasn't stopped you posting regularly to "correct" me has it???

Mate it's pretty clear to most everyone you're here for a reason and that isn't for BWFC chat - you've not even posted on any of our several signings since the end of the season - just to "correct" me!!!

If that's all you are here for - and there's no doubt is has turned people off posting, then don't bother in future.

If you believe I'm weird then fair enough because I think your behaviour is certainly bordering on obsession just to come to this forum to troll me and nothing else!

As I've said before on this thread...

@Sluffy wrote:Clearly both have issues that transcends a random internet footy forum whose only purpose is to talk about the club we all follow.

The solution to all this is easy.

They can ignore my posts, they can disagree but draw a line under it and move on, or they can go and post on another forum.

The question is, why don't they?

So the ball is in your court.

I'm not fussed which route you want to go but there needs to be an end to all this.

48MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 16:27

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So zero evidence but a meaningless review of my posting history.

I don’t see ignoring your posts as a solution as I don’t know what the problem is. If I disagree with something I’m going to point it out. Same as I always have.

If you’re upset that’s not my fault, obviously you can ignore my posts if you like though.

49MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 16:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:So zero evidence but a meaningless review of my posting history.

I don’t see ignoring your posts as a solution as I don’t know what the problem is. If I disagree with something I’m going to point it out. Same as I always have.

If you’re upset that’s not my fault, obviously you can ignore my posts if you like though.


And you can ignore mine but you clearly don't wish to.

And you are right, I have zero 'evidence' I'm certainly not mental enough to keep records of stuff that happens on the internet just is case they might come in handy in about 6 or 7 years time!!!

It's the internet, a bit like the wild west, nearly anything goes.

Whether I can prove it or not is immaterial because you clearly only come on to this site to troll/correct/argue/whatever you want to call it - with me!

I'm fairly sure you don't go around the internet to "correct" everyone else you think are wrong - just myself - and there's got to be more of a reason behind it other than you are doing your civic duty and protecting the world from me!

If you have started another forum then go and enjoy it and stop being so obsessed in what I say on here.  

If you haven't then learn to draw a line under things, agree to disagree and move on.

It really isn't that hard to do...

...unless you enjoy trolling me so much it has become your obsession - which you clearly are and there is definitely proof of that even if you want to rubbish it by calling your actual posting history "meaningless"!!!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/spa/T.R.O.Y.

Yeah right...

50MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 19:08

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Disagreeing with you isn’t trolling - I’ve said that numerous times to you over the years as have many others.

I’m not sure what your issue is to be honest, I’ve no problem with you - but I’m not the type to read something I disagree with and let it go unchallenged so I’ll keep posting thanks.

So long as it’s not abusive (which it isn’t) then there’s no problem.

If it’s upsetting you then feel free to block me, as your mate Ten Bob did.

His thread did become an echo chamber though didn’t it? Personally, i’m not surprised he’s lost interest what’s the point in a forum with no no variety of opinion?

Anyway, it’s up to you what you choose to do. Block me by all means, but I won’t stop challenging you when I think you’re wrong.

51MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 19:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The three of you need to draw a line under all this shit and move on from it so the forum has a nice vibe for when the new season starts.

52MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 22:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:Disagreeing with you isn’t trolling - I’ve said that numerous times to you over the years as have many others.

I’m not sure what your issue is to be honest, I’ve no problem with you - but I’m not the type to read something I disagree with and let it go unchallenged so I’ll keep posting thanks.

So long as it’s not abusive (which it isn’t) then there’s no problem.

If it’s upsetting you then feel free to block me, as your mate Ten Bob did.

His thread did become an echo chamber though didn’t it? Personally, i’m not surprised he’s lost interest what’s the point in a forum with no no variety of opinion?

Anyway, it’s up to you what you choose to do. Block me by all means, but I won’t stop challenging you when I think you’re wrong.

Disagreeing with me isn't trolling I agree, in fact I welcome a bit of intellectual debate rather than closed minded prejudice and 'I'm never wrong' attitudes of Wanderlust.

What I do mind is when you simply argue ad nauseam (to the point of sickness!) presumably for your own self amusement/or to show to others how 'clever' you think you are!

The SAGE report for instance, instead of the findings showing only 286 deaths resulting from hospital discharges to care homes it had reported say 30,286 deaths wouldn't we have seen headlines on the front pages and calls for the government to resign from Labour?  Even protests on the streets maybe?

Would you still then be telling me it was only a 'flawed theory' based on 'incomplete data' to be dismissed as next to useless?

I very much doubt it.

And fwiw I would accept the findings as true because that's how the public service works - it is honest.

The report will be taken as genuine and reported as such to the ultimate Covid inquiry - you can bookmark this and throw it back in my face if I am wrong - but I won't be - official reports in this country aren't doctored as time will show.

As for blocking you why would I want to do that?

I'm happy to stand by what I say and happy to hold my hand up if I am wrong.

I certainly don't know it all and never to full of myself to learn from others - and that includes you.

Your issue is that either you don't know when to stop and draw a line under things or you do and gain pleasure and satisfaction from debating/arguing far beyond the point of any reason.

I don't think you are daft therefore it has to be the latter.

And call it what you like but posting on this site simply to argue with me (whoops "correct" me) shows you to be either obsessed with me, or a troll, and probably both.

You don't behave like that to anyone else, so there's obviously a reason why you do so behind it all...

You can't be bothered posting when we get promoted but you must certainly can to "correct" me multiple times!!!!

Seems to suggest that BWFC is the real reason you come to the forum - does it!

53MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 22:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@karlypants wrote:The three of you need to draw a line under all this shit and move on from it so the forum has a nice vibe for when the new season starts.

I agree with you Karly.

Do you reckon though that the other two would pack in their silliness or would rather carry on having a pop at me?

I know what I'd put my money on!

54MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 22:51

T.R.O.Y.


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think you need to grow up to be honest. It’s a forum, we debate topics. If you all of a sudden feel picked on that says more about you than me.

So no more on this topic from me, you’re a grown man - nobody’s been rude to you or stepped out of line. You have nothing to complain about.

Two options for you - 1. Get over it 2. Block me.

We’re going round in circles now, and those options won’t change.

55MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 23:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
There's a common denominator here as xmiles, Lucky Peter Piper, Hip Priest, Wanderlust, TROY and others would point out.....

56MASKS for Covid - Page 2 Empty Re: MASKS for Covid Sun Jun 06 2021, 23:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y. wrote:I think you need to grow up to be honest. It’s a forum, we debate topics. If you all of a sudden feel picked on that says more about you than me.

So no more on this topic from me, you’re a grown man - nobody’s been rude to you or stepped out of line. You have nothing to complain about.

Two options for you - 1. Get over it 2. Block me.

We’re going round in circles now, and those options won’t change.

Hahaha!

Christ I've had people hacking into my personal life over a fuck all difference of opinion on the internet, so do you really think I feel picked on by you!!!

Made me laugh that did!

I'm not blocking anyone - I'm certainly not bothered about words said on the internet - sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me - and all that.

You're only here to troll me because you hold a grudge - you've had it years, deny it as much as you want - your posting history tells a different story!  

If you want to draw a line under it and put it to bed at long last then that's fine with me - I don't have grudges with anyone in real life (and I've had some shitty things done to me it the past) let alone on here.  Life's far too short, even more so at my age.

You're a fine poster when you want to be.

Up to you what way you want to go but if you don't want to let your grudge go then why not just walk away from here and do yourself a favour, why hold on to a form of hatred and obsession when you don't need to?

How does it even benefit you?

Time for you to move on rather than hold on to old baggage.

I'll leave it at that.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum