Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!!

+6
Natasha Whittam
simon.1973
gloswhite
boltonbonce
Norpig
Cajunboy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:That's not Eric snoring. You've left your 'neck massager' running again.

Bullery.

32iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 14:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've registered now, so if you see Norpig in any comments on articles on there it's me  Very Happy
Cheaterer

33iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 15:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Thanks Sluffy but i've reached my 20 articles on the website and can't read anymore without registering!

Same problem as I have but I refuse to pay to view something that is free to view in the town itself.

You'd think it would make more sense if you are going to make a charge in that way, that you'd do it the other way around - I mean why would anyone in Bolton even bother to buy the paper when they can view it on line for free?

That means most that do buy the paper are probably the old and the poor who don't tend to use or have access to the internet.

I was reading the other day when they appointed Iles sidekick, that the could pay his wages because they'd just got their 1,000th subscriber - hardly a roaring success just 1,000 people after what a year or so doing it this way.

Either charge everyone or leave it free for everyone, I don't see why people like me should be penalised simply because I don't live in the town anymore.

I could get a dodgy ip address and view it for free (I'm sure many do just that)  but why should I need to act dishonestly just to read the Bolton News because they've chosen to discriminate against me and others who no longer live there???

I know the subscription is only pennies and I can easily afford it but I believe that I'm being ripped off just by being honest if I wanted to read the paper and the only legal way I could is by a subscription - even if it is free to view for others. Honesty should not be something that is exploited.

Is it any wonder why people do what they do these days when acting honestly is somehow seen as something for others to profit from?

I'll step down from my soapbox now.

34iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've not paid anything just registered so i may get access to another 20 articles a month i think? I certainly wouldn't pay to use their site as it's awful and just one giant advert usually.

35iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 16:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All you have to do is delete the cookies to the Bolton news when reaching the 20 article limit. This will then allow you access to another 20 articles and once you have reached the limit again simply delete the cookies again. 

This what I do. There is no need to change IP address or anything else. 

The actual paid for subscription allows access to the paper version digitally I think and unlocks all the other articles. 

The articles we all see without a subscription is just a few select free ones.

36iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Wed Aug 18 2021, 17:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:All you have to do is delete the cookies to the Bolton news when reaching the 20 article limit. This will then allow you access to another 20 articles and once you have reached the limit again simply delete the cookies again. 

This what I do. There is no need to change IP address or anything else. 

The actual paid for subscription allows access to the paper version digitally I think and unlocks all the other articles. 

The articles we all see without a subscription is just a few select free ones.

Thanks Karly, although I don't see why me or anyone else would even have to go to this trouble to see the paper for free - which people in Bolton can do anyway!

Seems to me this is just a money making exercise by the publishing group of the paper to exploit those less knowledgeable about such things - namely the oldies like me or the honest poor.

I could register like Norpig for 20 free views a month but why should I have to give them my details when others don't and are allowed to view for free anyway?

I know the issue is about financing the press but the way they have done it simply isn't fair and equal in my eyes - have a paywall or keep it free and ask for donations is fine but to seek subscriptions from some and give it to others free, how can that be fair and equitable to all?

Thanks again Karly.

37iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: iFOLLOW THE GOOD NEWS!!!!! Sat Aug 21 2021, 19:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't they let you re-watch the game on iFollow?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum