Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The Hundred

The Hundred

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hundred Empty The Hundred Wed Jul 21 2021, 18:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
A new cricket format starts today and you can watch the very first match now on BBC2.

The game between Surrey Women and Lancashire Women at the Oval kicks off at 6.30pm.

The half hour hype before the game is already too much for me but to be fair it is all aimed at the youngsters.

I'm also not a great fan of women's cricket (I'm not really selling this too well am I?) but I'll stick with it to see how it goes.

It's also on iplayer if you want to catch it later.

On big plus for me - the women DIDN'T NOT take the knee!

Some sense at last!

GB Women at the Olympics today still did though!

:facepalm:

2The Hundred Empty Re: The Hundred Wed Jul 21 2021, 23:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Well I watched it but I doubt I will again, it isn't for me.

It's good for the young ones/family day out - with the fireworks, DJ's playing music and all the other glitzy stuff but I'm too old and more focussed on the cricket rather than the razzmatazz - and quite frankly that was poor.

I've nothing against women playing sport but it is just a biological fact that they simply don't have the power, size and strength of male athletes and the comparison is stark when watching women's cricket to men's (similarly in football too and probably that extends across all physical sports).

I'm happy to support my daughter in any sport she chooses to do - she's very into Boxercise at the moment (no contact boxing training) and I'd happily take her to a woman's cricket or football match, or anything else but if I wanted to watch bowling at 50mph (or 5 ft 7inch goal keepers) I could simply go to the local park and see that!

I'm not a big fan of '6 or out' type cricket and tbh I didn't like the concept of five ball overs and it didn't impress me seeing it in action.

Anyway good luck to it, I hope many people get to like it but if you're going to do something like this then why not use T20 model that works perfectly well (with a few tweaks) for the IPL and the Big Bash leagues?

3The Hundred Empty Re: The Hundred Thu Jul 22 2021, 07:58

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I just don't see the point of the Hundred, we have T20 which is great so why bring in another format when T20 works so well? Its meant to try and attract people with no previous interest in cricket and i just can't see it happening.

It will end up being a costly mistake by the ECB i'm betting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum