Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ted Lasso

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ted Lasso Empty Ted Lasso Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:01 am

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So has anyone watched this yet? The 2nd season starts tomorrow and I watched the whole of the first season in 2 days. Probably my favourite thing I've watched in ages.

Also, special note for norpig. A new trailer park boys: in jail, series is out.

2Ted Lasso Empty Re: Ted Lasso Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:09 am

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of it, just had a quick google and its a comedy series on Apple+ - Probably why I haven't heard of it as I don't have an apple Sub.  I'm currently watching the Van Helsing series on Netflix

3Ted Lasso Empty Re: Ted Lasso Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:11 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:So has anyone watched this yet?  The 2nd season starts tomorrow and I watched the whole of the first season in 2 days.   Probably my favourite thing I've watched in ages.

Also, special note for norpig.  A new trailer park boys: in jail, series is out.
 Cheers Johnny, TPB aren't on Netflix anymore so i had to subscribe to their swearnet website (only £13 for year so can't moan) to watch it.

4Ted Lasso Empty Re: Ted Lasso Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:21 am

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:So has anyone watched this yet?  The 2nd season starts tomorrow and I watched the whole of the first season in 2 days.   Probably my favourite thing I've watched in ages.

Also, special note for norpig.  A new trailer park boys: in jail, series is out.

A couple of work colleagues mentioned how brilliant it is. The kind who now pretend to be into "soccer" but I can't bring myself to engage in conversation with due to the absolute shite that comes out of their mouths about the game. I preferred it back when Americans wouldn't even acknowledge it as a sport.

Anyhow, I tried to watch the first episode from season 1 a few weeks ago and cringed so much that I couldn't get through it. Then a couple of ex-pats mentioned it and it's so heavily promoted over here that you just can't escape it so I decided to give it another try while I was on a flight to LA. And back.

It made me laugh, Johnny. The Lasso character is brilliant. His relentless optimism and positivity are the moments that I like best and make me laugh most. There's something very endearing about him that you just can't help rooting for.
I laughed out loud (doesn't happen very often) in an early episode when he was leaving the club owner's office and high-fived the tree-shaped coat stand. "high-five tree!" - absolutely pissed myself.

It also still makes me cringe though and I really didn't like the last two episodes of season one when everyone flipped and it all became too sentimental. It's definitely got that really base-level British TV thing about it.... hard to describe but I wouldn't be surprised to see Greg Davies show up in it if that makes sense. Funny in the Inbetweeners but just a WANKER ever since.

Anyhow, I like it and yet wish I didn't but will definitely give S2 a try.

5Ted Lasso Empty Re: Ted Lasso Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Greg Davies show up in it if that makes sense. Funny in the Inbetweeners but just a WANKER ever since.

You can't have seen 'Man Down'. I love it.

6Ted Lasso Empty Re: Ted Lasso Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:33 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is there a clip that doesn't rely on someone else for the laughs? I'd happily watch Rik Mayall all day long but Davies just seems to eat a Bounty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum