Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers and taking the 'knee'

+9
terenceanne
Hip Priest
Whitesince63
finlaymcdanger
Feby
boltonbonce
okocha
Norpig
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football didn't have a racist problem until BLM came along? Now that really is a stupid statement. I'm surprised you can see anything with your head so deep in the sand.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Whitesince63 wrote:

How do you know black players are being abused every day? What a stupid statement. Some of them have received abuse on social media which seems par for the course but white players also receive abuse. Nobody should have to put up with that but sadly there are some in our society that can’t help themselves. Football has done a great job to raise the cause of black players in this country and fans have played their part in making many of them multi millionaires so if some resent that and post abuse, gestures like taking the knee will do nothing to stop it and probably actually inflame it more. Football didn’t have a racist problem until BLM came along with this stunt and it’s time we dropped it and didn’t let a few assholes posting rubbish on line drag us back.
Astoundingly misguided.....

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

boltonbonce wrote:
Are you a vegan?
nope im not a vegen but i like sprouts with mashed potatoes and gravy Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

dutchwhites63 wrote:
nope im not a vegen but i like sprouts with mashed potatoes and gravy Very Happy
Drop the gravy and I'm in. My mum used to hide things in gravy, so I've never trusted it.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

okocha wrote:
Astoundingly misguided.....
Want to know what's wetter than a haddock's bathing costume? Two clues. It begins with 'O' and ends in 'a'

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Want to know what's wetter than a haddock's bathing costume? Two clues. It begins with 'O' and ends in 'a'
Orchestra! I claim my prize.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Orchestra! I claim my prize.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Good effort Boncey. Here's another clue, it rhymes with gotcha.

P.S. The prize is a round of golf with our unsung hero.
The booby prize is two rounds of golf with our unsung hero.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And even wetter than an eels arse starts with T ends with B, wetter than a whores pussy

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Football didn't have a racist problem until BLM came along? Now that really is a stupid statement. I'm surprised you can see anything with your head so deep in the sand.

Ok smartarse, how many racist chants or comments did you hear at the UniBol over the last 30 years or so. How many of our many black players have ever complained about racist remarks? Racism isn’t just a football thing it’s all around us but sadly the oiks at the PL decided to jump on the GF/BLM bandwagon and use this knee gesture. It was ok for a season and there were no fans in the ground to deride it but why do they now carry it on knowing many fans are against it.

Black Lives Matter is in itself a racist statement. Try wearing a White Lives Matter shirt out in society and you’ll be accused and arrested for racism. That’s how stupid and divisive it’s become. We’re all anti racist but this gesture needs to stop because it’s now just inflaming the situation.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What percentage of the population do you think is aware of the connotations of using BLM as the main symbol of revulsion over racism aimed at black footballers across the globe?

Also, what are your views on those who boo National Anthems?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things are a lot better these days, but you'll never legislate racism away no matter how many protocols are put in place.
I remember, many years ago, standing in the paddock at Burnden, and an elderly lady shouting at a black opposition player to 'get back on the jam jar'.
It's alway baffled me that grown up human beings can behave in such a way, but there we are.
Take the knee/don't take the knee, I'm good with either. I'll respect whichever choices are made.
Without booing. I'm a grown man.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:What percentage of the population do you think is aware of the connotations of using BLM as the main symbol of revulsion over racism aimed at black footballers across the globe?

Also, what are your views on those who boo National Anthems?

Eh???

Let us make this simple.

If taking the knee / BLM label is the answer, then why isn't the rest of the world doing it?

If the world is too big, then why aren't the rest of the sports in this country doing it - just the footballers?

Put it around the other way - why has the world, or most of it at least, chosen not to take the knee / BLM label?

Do they not care as much about racism as our country's footballers...?

Or do they believe being associated the knee / BLM muddies the waters to the extent that they don't want to be associated with it?

That being the case why is it that the 'booers' are in the wrong in all of this and not the footballers insistence on doing something that nearly everybody else in sport as rejected???

If anything the 'booers' are in the majority with the rest of sport not wanting the knee yet they are being made out to be the whipping boys in all of this?

Seems simple to me as I've said a number of times above, drop the knee/BLM and promote antiracism in another means like virtually everyone else is in the world.

Why don't they is more the question?

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:What percentage of the population do you think is aware of the connotations of using BLM as the main symbol of revulsion over racism aimed at black footballers across the globe?

Also, what are your views on those who boo National 

Oko, I don’t think for one minute that BLM members give a monkeys for any footballers, black or white but are glorying in the stupidity of football for using their logo and slogan as publicity. 

Taking the knee itself is not a BLM invention, it was hijacked by them over the GF killing and it is this link people are booing. Instead of wrongly and insultingly accusing those booing of being racist or against an anti racism gesture, which is not only stupid but also counter productive, why not instead accept what must be obvious and try to unite everyone behind a different gesture that doesn’t include any political overtones?

I think anyone who boos national anthems or makes noise during the minutes silence is a moron. These are not remotely the same as during the knee bend.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Interesting, WS63, but you haven't answered my first question. Obviously, a guess/best estimate will have to suffice.

It aways intrigues me when posters seem to be able to know the reasons why others do the things they do.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:Interesting, WS63, but you haven't answered my first question. Obviously, a guess/best estimate will have to suffice.

It aways intrigues me when posters seem to be able to know the reasons why others do the things they do.

Well Oko, if you asked me a. A question I could understand and b. One that I wouldn't need a crystal ball for you might have a chance of an answer. I don’t profess to know what everybody thinks, I’m  just going on the views of fans on boards like this. 

The one absolutely indisputable fact here is that it was the PL and it’s players together who linked themselves with the BLM movement, logo and slogan and subsequently adopted their “hijacked” taking the knee gesture, so please spare me the nonsense now that the players actions aren’t linked to BLM. They can’t extricate themselves now without losing face but one day they’ll have to if they really want to stop the resistance to it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Ok smartarse, how many racist chants or comments did you hear at the UniBol over the last 30 years or so. How many of our many black players have ever complained about racist remarks? Racism isn’t just a football thing it’s all around us but sadly the oiks at the PL decided to jump on the GF/BLM bandwagon and use this knee gesture. It was ok for a season and there were no fans in the ground to deride it but why do they now carry it on knowing many fans are against it.

Black Lives Matter is in itself a racist statement. Try wearing a White Lives Matter shirt out in society and you’ll be accused and arrested for racism. That’s how stupid and divisive it’s become. We’re all anti racist but this gesture needs to stop because it’s now just inflaming the situation.
BLM is a racist statement? You really are clueless! 

Do you even know the origins of taking the knee? It goes back to Colin Kapernick in the NFL fighting against racial injustice in America and was way before the George Floyd murder and guess what, black people are still being racially abused just because of the colour of their skin.

I just can't understand what the issue with flagging up racism in this way is so divisive? Do you dispute the facts that black people suffer racism in all walks of life not just in the public eye.

If you have a problem with people taking the knee then it's you that has the problem in my eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum