Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 2-1 Oxford

Bolton 2-1 Oxford

+12
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
Keegan
T.R.O.Y.
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
Norpig
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 17:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin



22Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 18:43

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oxford were anything but direct, pass and move and had us hanging in for long periods, we created some good chances also, you couldn't take your eye off this one, thought the Oxford goal was handball but only saw it live, was amazed it stood but you couldn't argue that they didn't deserve something.

Dapo scored at the best time possible, apart from a short spell second half we grew and grew Doyle showed why he is on the pitch. Thought Dixon, Dapo, Doyle all played really well as did the entire team.

Oxford wont play better than that all season yet lost, that says a lot about this Bolton team. Fantastic entertainment and a great win.

23Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed the game, but the win flattered us as I thought Oxford were the more threatening, they created a lot of opportunities.

Not convinced by our defence at all, and I don't understand why Gordon was dropped after the clean sheet win at Lincoln.

But going forward we seem to have improved on last season, Dapo looks more like the player he should be.

24Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have to agree with you at least in part Nat. However I do believe even more firmly today than I did last week that we've developed a mental strength under Ian Evatt that's been missing for far too long. Yes we rode our luck today but in truth it was about time we got some and we took both our goals very well. Can the defence do better? Sure, in fact we can still improve all over the pitch but for the first time in some years I actually feel confident that we will.

By the way are you doing a BEL for this or shall I do it? I'm happy to step aside for you since BEL is your 'baby' so to speak but if you don't have time or don't want to I'd be happy to write one myself for posting tomorrow.

That aside I've been really encouraged by our start to the season and I still don't think we've hit our full stride yet. If we keep going the way we have done thus far I genuinely believe we could nab automatic promotion this year and I'm certain we'll make the play offs at least.

25Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have to agree with you at least in part Nat. However I do believe even more firmly today than I did last week that we've developed a mental strength under Ian Evatt that's been missing for far too long. Yes we rode our luck today but in truth it was about time we got some and we took both our goals very well. Can the defence do better? Sure, in fact we can still improve all over the pitch but for the first time in some years I actually feel confident that we will.

By the way are you doing a BEL for this or shall I do it? I'm happy to step aside for you since BEL is your 'baby' so to speak but if you don't have time or don't want to I'd be happy to write one myself for posting tomorrow.

That aside I've been really encouraged by our start to the season and I still don't think we've hit our full stride yet. If we keep going the way we have done thus far I genuinely believe we could nab automatic promotion this year and I'm certain we'll make the play offs at least.
I too have a good feeling. Not the finished article, but we're making progress.
From up in the West Stand, their goal should never have stood. I have spoken.

26Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I too have a good feeling. Not the finished article, but we're making progress.
From up in the West Stand, their goal should never have stood. I have spoken.

27Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheating twats.

28Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:44

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is the type of luck that used to go against us in seasons past.  So take the three points and run.

They had a plan to use the long ball over the top and that worked nicely for them  - we should have adjusted for that but didn't.  Good game though.

Onwards.

29Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 22:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Cheating twats.

To be fair it's hard to tell from just one picture.

The highlights (link below) shows the ball to him came from behind him and he could have taken it on his chest for all we know.

Offside might have been close too?

Anyway, no harm done and another win for us!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

30Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 23:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Cheating twats.

To be fair it's hard to tell from just one picture.

The highlights (link below) shows the ball to him came from behind him and he could have taken it on his chest for all we know.

Offside might have been close too?

Anyway, no harm done and another win for us!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My comment was initially a tongue in cheek one but now after watching those highlights hmm..........

31Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sat Aug 21 2021, 23:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their goal looked like handball from where i was sat but i thought  we did really well after that and deserved to go in level. We did look a little open down the middle and Oxford tried the ball over the top a lot.

The thing that i'm loving is that we have a real goal threat now and even when we went 1-0 down i thought we would still get back into it. Dapo has been brilliant so far this season and is now adding goals to his great play. Its also nice to watch us playing good quality passing football.

32Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sun Aug 22 2021, 01:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're top scorers in the division and only us and the leaders haven't lost a game yet but it doesn't mean a thing at this stage.
Every game so far has been a nailbiter and nobody lies down as Wimbledon showed us so it's very difficult to predict how far we can go this season - but whatever happens we're entertaining to watch and competitive.

Evans in.

33Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sun Aug 22 2021, 10:32

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was bang inline with him when he received the ball, it was his arm all day long, and he did it again later in the match. the goal should not have stood, i also have spoken. 

Despite that how the hell Oxford didn't score i don't know, what you can say is that we have real resilience in this team, by the end Oxford looked like they had totally run out of ideas until the last minute when they should have equalised, then again Doyle puts us 3-1 up and its acedemic it was that kind of match one thing matters we won.

34Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Sun Aug 22 2021, 20:33

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Definitely offside, and clear handball, both missed by the linesman, and the Oxford player didn't celebrate until he glanced over, no matter though we won.

35Bolton 2-1 Oxford - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Oxford Tue Aug 24 2021, 00:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum