Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bakayoko blow triggers a new transfer hunt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bakayoko blow triggers a new transfer hunt 12918687

Ian Evatt is ready to pounce for a temporary attacking solution to replace the injured Amadou Bakayoko.

The Wanderers boss has a shortlist of players who could fit the bill and has put feelers out to see if they could be made available on loan until January.

Evatt got the vast majority of his transfer business done early in the summer, which has helped the squad settle in an unbeaten start to life in League One.

But with Bakayoko facing several weeks on the side-lines with a calf tear, there is scope for Bolton to bring in a younger player without needing to move on peripheral squad members.

“We made list upon list during the pre-season, actually from the end of last season,” said Evatt, who can sign Under-21s without it impacting upon the EFL squad quota.

“Myself and Chris (Markham) spent hours compiling it and the list is still there.

“If players who were not available in the summer suddenly become so, especially for a category one loan, then we have a great list of talent we think could make a big difference to us.

“Those conversations are taking place all the time and we have to see how it develops.”

One thing that Evatt says will not happen is a stampede of signings, similar to transfer deadline days of recent past at Wanderers.

Targets have been researched and the club is unlikely to move for a player on spec.

“I don’t like working in emergencies,” Evatt told us. “When we sign someone I need to know the right due diligence has been done and it is the right player at the right price for this football club.

“If one becomes available then there could well be movement, but we are not going to be panicked or rushed into doing something for the sake of it. It is not how we do business.”

The timing of Bakayoko’s injury was unfortunate, given the impact made by the ex-Coventry City man since he came to the club this summer.

Evatt is backing the 25-year-old to continue where he left off after getting through his rehabilitation programme with Wanderers’ medical staff.

“It is frustrating for both of us but it is part of the game,” he said.

“You can’t sulk about it, we have to adapt and overcome, He will be back, bigger and better, no doubt. And it is the first real injury he has had for quite some time.

“He was quite upset and disappointed when it happened. The first thing that Matt Barrass (Bolton’s head physio) said that Baka had told him was that he had let me down. But he hasn’t done that one bit.

“That is the kind of character he is, he is such a good guy and an inspiration. A really strong and tough character who bought into us, and we have bought into him. We’re lucky to have him.

“He will be back sooner rather than later.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum