Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN

+10
Norpig
observer
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Keegan
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sat Sep 11 2021, 21:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My first 'Behind Enemy Lines' of the season. All quotes taken from Ipswich forums and social media.

Despite having not won so far this season, some Ipswich fans are in confident mood:

Kuqi's Right Foot wrote:These are shit. If we lose we deserve to go down.

Herbivre wrote:They were in League 2 last season one year removed from being a full blown basket case. Let's not talk this fixture up as being tough.

Cols21 wrote:With the squad we've assembled and the resource we've expended on doing so we absolutely should be bullish and should be swatting the likes of Bolton aside with ease. Pay no mind to Cook's preemptive excuses.

Peter79 wrote:I thought Bolton were in League 2?

unstableblue wrote:I hope we win today, I pray we win today… do I think we will?! Maybe my confidence is also heavily eroded.

One thing about Town currently and confidence and mind set, is that the pressure for a win, the pressure to get the monkey off the back, the pressure to justify the investment by the owners - it just must be huge. Yeah I know - they’re professionals, yeah I know it’s a much better set of players… but that pressure will be front and central in the Bolton managers team talk

Get into them early, turn the crowd, make them nervous… we score early and then build pressure we can win

Sam J wrote:These lot still hate us 21 years after the Barry Knight match. Love watching them cry after every victory. Today will be no different.

Burley Hurley wrote:We're going to pump them you bunch of wet wipes

Natalie Portman Road wrote:Are we really concerned about playing a newly promoted team in front of our own fans? Get a grip. We'll win 3-1.

Kenny D wrote:I hope the ref gives a Barry Knight performance for Ipswich!

Call a doctor, Vic has Big Club Syndrome:

Vic wrote:In all honesty, is there a club in Lg 1 with a better squad than ours this year?

But some fans are concerned:

jayessess wrote:Got a bad feeling about this one. Bolton sound like they've found a good rhythm to their play, put a good run of results in going back a fair old way and generally are pretty upbeat about life. We've yet to find a win, the manager sounds down beat and doesn't seem to have a clear idea of what's gone wrong so far beyond "time". Scared that this feels like a game when we lose 2-0 and get played off the park, looking like 11 strangers.

Mariner's Hot Pot wrote:Impressed with Bolton on Monday night, they did everything but score. We need to be solid at the back.

Bluesman wrote:I've seen Bolton a few times over the last 12 months and they always look decent to me. Play good football and have a proper centre forward who always scores goals. We need a big improvement on recent form to win this.

Chris and Cols seem at odds over the ability of Bolton defender Santos:

Chrisd wrote:Watched bits from the Burton game on Monday night and he did look a very decent defender - imposing, strong and decent with the ball. If Bolton don’t go up, I’m sure there will be clubs from the Championship looking to take Santos off their hands.

Cols21 wrote:Santos was absolutely rubbish on Monday against Burton (as were Bolton despite having a bit of possession). He looked a bomb scare and nearly gifted them two goals clumsily trying to play out from the back. If he presents the same chances to our array of talent they won’t get away with it.

He’s rights about the attack though. It was toothless, they won’t lay a glove on us. We’re going to smash them. 4-0 I think.

They lost to Cambridge Utd and drew at home to 10 man Burton in their last two games, failing to score in both. Fancy trying to talk them up as some sort of challenge.

The game gets underway and Ipswich take an early lead on 5 minutes:

1-0! Get IN!!
Bonne you beauty
FUK YES
we are going up
This will end 5-0
Bolton are toss
Bonne has given me a bonner
All over them, fully deserved

But Bolton quickly equalise through Afolayan:

oh just fuck off
Cook OUT!
we couldn't defend a molehill
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH FUCKKKKKKKKKK
I had £25 on us to win 1-0. I hate Ipswich Town.
Utterly predictable
Can only see an away victory from here

On 18 minutes the ref gives Bolton a penalty:

NEVER a fucking penalty
Why can't we dive like that?
Cook OUT!
Definitely not a pen, ref wants to stick that whistle up his arse
soft, like our defence.

Doyle slots home the penalty and Bolton go 2-1 up.

Nigel isn't best pleased:

Nigel H wrote:Why the fucking fuck has our great club become so shit? Shit manager, shit players, shit everything. SHIT!!

Jane is a bit more level headed:

Jane the Blue wrote:thats it ive had enuff of this crap. im never watching this team again. from now on i spend saturdays giving hand jobs to my boyf.

But before Jane can get her lube out, Santos puts through his own goal to make it 2-2.

Cook IN!
fully deserved, we'll win this 5-2
ha ha, who said santos was class?
2-2, come on you blues
WE ARE BACK
I fancy us to avoid relegation now

But just before the half-time whistle Afolayan shoots Bolton into a 3-2 half-time lead:

PP is definitely not amused:

Portman_Portaloo wrote:I've spent more enjoyable 45 minutes shopping with the missus.

David takes drastic action:

David L wrote:Fuck this shit. I've left at half time and am back in the car.

Frank puts his hat in the ring:

Dyer Frank wrote:Cook has got to go. And now. Put me in charge for the next 45 mins.

Homer isn't convinced by the two week break:

homer_123 wrote:A 2 week break....loads of time to 'gel' and work on specifics....and this is it?

I mean....I wasn't expecting us to thump Bolton 5 nil but had hoped for a more cohesive performance...which doesn't seem to be the case.

Neither is N2:

N2_Blue wrote:I've lost faith i think

Even if we win this decent sides don't concede this amount of goals in League 1.

This is pathetic, we can't be conceding the number of goals we are in L1 to sides that were 4th tier last season...

We've had two weeks to work on it....and we are condering 3 at home in 45mins. Don't care who the 11 are and how long theyve had together, that is unaccepatble...again!

The second half starts and Jimmy is upbeat:

Jimmy Jimmy wrote:Good start to the half. Get at 'em and show some pride. We're gonna do this.

A few seconds later Bolton score a 4th through Sheehan and Jimmy's confidence has disappeared:

Jimmy Jimmy wrote:We're gonna get stuffed

Unstableblue is sticking to his opinion that Bolton are crap:

unstableblue wrote:Bolton are shit but critically they have found a way to easily break through our system… it’s technical, it’s clever… we had adjusted to it…. As in close the space between our midfield and our defence … but they sprung it again

Ipswich manager Paul Cook is getting some abuse:

blueprint wrote:Just get rid, absolute fraud of a manager!

Beckets wrote:We’ve used 2 goalkeepers and 8 different players in the back 4 and let in no less than 2 goals every league game. That says it’s organisational not personnel. Playing the way Cook does without a proper defensive midfielder is asking for trouble.

Larry G wrote:League 2 beckons unless we get shut of the dick in charge

And just to rub it in, George Johnston makes it 5-2 to Bolton:

F U C K O F F C O O K Y O U C U N T
Embarrassing, we've made Bolton look like Barcelona
Pack your bags Cook, this is your last day managing our club
5-2? Really? What madness is this?
I can't believe we've let in 5 and there's still 30 minutes left!
What's our record home defeat? Bolton could get 10 here
We've been destroyed
get fuckface out of our club
So we got rid of 20 losers and replaced them with 20 losers, great!!!
I’m quite cross

Despite the threat of more goals the game ends in a 5-2 victory for Bolton.

midastouch wrote:What has Cook been doing the last 2 weeks aside from playing golf?

Cheque Book FC some called us...
Feels like a Blankety Blank cheque book right now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dog wrote:I dare anyone to defend that.

Shocking and embarassing.

Off for a pint. Or two

DJpatrovers1 wrote:Worst performance of the Cook era. Awful goals to concede, but more worryingly Cook clearly doesn’t have a plan. Waited till being 2-5 down to make a first sub and it was a striker.
Couldn’t tell we were 2-5 behind at home with that 2nd half performance.
2 weeks were meant to help us gel and we look further from gelling than we ever have. You’re lying to yourself if you’re not worried.

Norwich Fan wrote:HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ipswich_Alan wrote:Totally embarrassing. 5-2 at home and we have 10 men behind the ball trying to keep the score down. Were we playing Man City or Bolton?

I hope Grant is being sarcastic:

GrantOB92 wrote:I know we are all disheartened by the result. However, I feel we have been playing very well recently and there were lots of positives to take from today. I think the defence looks good and solid. Judging from the games I've seen this season we look like a great defensive unit. Keep it up Cook! COYB.

DeGremloid can definitely see the positives:

DaGremloid wrote:We mustn’t be too quick to criticize because they actually stopped Bolton from scoring for the final 33 minutes. Do you think that means the team has now gelled?

Nobby can't see any positives:

Nobbysnuts wrote:Embarrassing, pathetic, appalling mess...and that's just the good things I can say...Gamechanger please sack this imbecile...he is a bigger fraud than lambert. Absolutely disgusting. I'm raging. Cook you couldn't manage to do up your own shoe laces. Just p#ss off.

Olive is giving it 10 games:

OliveR16 wrote:Give it ten games they said.
Game 7.
Give it ten games they said.
I feel I kind of know what the verdict will be but three to go.

The truth, er, tells the truth:

The Truth Giver wrote:Bolton murdered us, they looked like they would score every time they attacked. Credit to the new owners at Bolton, they appear to have steadied the ship and put together a decent team on a budget. If only we could do the same.

Fishy has marital problems:

Something Fishy wrote:Well that was fucking shit. Bolton absolutely smashed us. If anyone still thinks we can get promoted this season they should call the men in white coats. I'm off to spend the evening avoiding the wife.

Stop it Jason, we're blushing:

Jason A wrote:We should have gone for an Ian Evatt type manager. An up and coming non-league manager without a CV full of failures. He gets Bolton out of League 2 at the first attempt despite being under embargo, and now seems to have a team that can challenge for promotion to the Championship, all without spending a penny. Sadly, we got Paul Cook.

More Cook-bashing:

Bloots wrote:....with half an hour to go.

What would you do?

Not sure?

Well you certainly wouldn't take off an attacker and bring on a defensive midfielder.

Would you?

Nobody would do that, surely?

#cookout

BB has seen something special:

BluesBrother wrote:Last week I said it’d take a special effort of useless to take us down. I think I just witnessed that effort. Cook has to go.

Archie has his own problems:

Archie_Blue wrote:I think my dog is gay. Should I be worried?

Another Norwich Fan wrote:LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sadly Ipswich4Ever doesn't live up to his name:

Ipswich4Ever wrote:That's all folks, I'm out. I've been watching Ipswich for 30 years but today is the end. I can't endure anymore shit like Bolton taking us apart and making us a laughing stock. Thanks for the memories, but I'm going to do something else on a Saturday afternoon from now on. Love to all.

Last words go to Darren from Ipswich, and let's be honest, we've all been there after a heavy defeat:

Ipswich Darren wrote:FUCK OFF BOLTON, FUCK OFF IPSWICH, FUCK OFF COOK, FUCK OFF FOOTBALL, FUCK OFF RONALDO, FUCK OFF LINEKER, FUCK OFF MY BOSS, FUCK OFF MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR, FUCK OFF THE WOMAN AT THE BUS STOP WHO ALWAYS READS BOOKS ABOUT DOGS, FOOK OFF MY DENTIST, FUCK OFF THE OLD BLOKE WHO ALWAYS FARTS IN THE POST OFFICE, FUCK OFF THE THREE LEGGED DONKEYS I KEEP BETTING ON, FOOK OFF COUNCIL TAX, FUCK OFF MORTGAGE REPAYMENTS, FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF!!!

2BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sat Sep 11 2021, 21:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

:clap:

Brilliant as ever.

Good to see you back, you've been missed.

3BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 00:21

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Awesome!  lol!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 10:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent work again.

5BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 10:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very very good, Nat. I loved the Norwich fan contributions.

6BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 11:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a day! Great win and a BEL to follow. Well done Ms Whittam.
See me later, Nat. I want a full explanation for your absence, and the bite marks on your neck.

7BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 11:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

8BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 13:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very good Nat!

9BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 14:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Thanks for that Nat, gave me a good laugh.

10BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Sun Sep 12 2021, 23:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whoever, whatever, and wherever you are... thanks for giving us a literary treat of the first order. Welcome back to this bastion of football civilization.

11BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Mon Sep 13 2021, 08:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant as ever and nice to see Nat back  Very Happy

12BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Mon Sep 13 2021, 12:06

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Terrific compilation Nat, much appreciated. In fact I think I spent as much time on the tractor boys site as I did on here, until I discovered Nuts radio of course and posts were just like those you listed, although there were some more reasoned Ipswich fans who acknowledged our performance. 😀

13BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Mon Sep 13 2021, 12:35

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Got to agree. Well done, Nat!

14BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Mon Sep 13 2021, 19:29

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fabulous effort from the OG BEL master. Very Happy

15BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Empty Re: BEHIND ENEMY LINES - IPSWICH TOWN Tue Sep 14 2021, 00:35

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Superb as ever Nat. Welcome back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum