Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-2 Rotherham

+7
karlypants
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Whitesince63
Norpig
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Wed Sep 15 2021, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This should be a tough test as Rotherham dropped down from the Championship last season and would be expected to go back up against this season but they haven't started that well and got beat 4-2 by Fleetwood last week.

If we play anywhere near as well as we have in our last 2 games then i can see us winning this 2-1.

2Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Wed Sep 15 2021, 09:22

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It will indeed be a tough game Norpig, Rotherham are a good side and appear to have been unlucky with results so far. They were unlucky again last night at Lincoln by all accounts missing some really good chances in the second half. We’ll certainly need to be on our game but if we do want to get promoted these are the games we need to win.

3Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Wed Sep 15 2021, 14:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to miss this game for family reasons and I'm gutted.
Rotherham count themselves very unlucky to be where they are  - they are a very attacking side and have dominated every game so far averaging over 20 shots on goal per game with a good percentage on target. How Lincoln escaped with a draw is difficult to work out and everything went against them in the games they lost v  Fleetwood and Sheff Wednesday (missed pen, conceding a worldie etc) - although in both games they did most of the attacking and had double the shots.

Millers fans can't believe they're still mid table and reckon that sooner or later they're going to hand out a beating or two.
Hopefully that won't start with us, but we'll have to defend really well, make no daft mistakes and take every chance that comes along.

It's going to be a tough match.

4Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Wed Sep 15 2021, 14:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They have indeed been unlucky Wander but whilst they are good going forward and do have a lot of shots, few of them are on target, a bit like us to be fair although we seem to be getting better recently. They are though a little weak at the back and hopefully we can take advantage of that? Their current right back is really a winger so if they continue with him it could be happy days for Dapo. They definitely are disappointed where they are but I’m still confident that if we play anything like we should be able to get the 3 points but it will be a tough game and we need to be at our best. I think it should be a very open game and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was another high scorer.

5Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Thu Sep 16 2021, 11:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I fancy our chances for this. 1-0 BWFC

6Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Thu Sep 16 2021, 16:26

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha, you might be right piper, just the one goal with everybody expecting a goal feast with the number of shots both teams have been having.
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I fancy our chances for this. 1-0 BWFC

7Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Thu Sep 16 2021, 16:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What we need to do first and foremost is stop the crosses, they have some proper units up front, if we can cut off the supply to them we should have enough to beat them.

8Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Thu Sep 16 2021, 19:13

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:What we need to do first and foremost is stop the crosses, they have some proper units up front, if we can cut off the supply to them we should have enough to beat them.

You’re right Martin, Ladapo, Smith and Griggs up front and a couple of wide players who can whip crosses in. They are certainly strong up top and it will be a tough game for Rico and Johnson. I’d personally start Lee next to MJ rather than Sheehan as I think he adds more defensively and I think Rotherham will be one of the toughest sides to defend against with their all out attack. Having said that, they are a bit weak at the back so it could be an end to end game and one with plenty of goals but let’s just hope we manage one more than them eh?

9Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Fri Sep 17 2021, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Over 18,000 tickets sold so biggest crowd for a few years!

10Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Fri Sep 17 2021, 13:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Over 18,000 tickets sold so biggest crowd for a few years!

It's one of those family day events

11Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 09:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 13:11

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Unfortunately we are due a red card. 
That's going to settle the tie as we won't cope with ten men as it will affect our attacking intent.
Sad to say it but today we lose in front of 20k supporters.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 13:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Unfortunately we are due a red card. 
That's going to settle the tie as we won't cope with ten men as it will affect our attacking intent.

I love the positivity you have here.

Jesus Christ! Very Happy

14Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 14:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

15Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 14:53

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

16Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 17:12

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh dear!

17Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 18:27

Bolton Nuts

Admin

karlypants wrote:
Biggie wrote:Unfortunately we are due a red card. 

I love the positivity you have here.

Jesus Christ! Very Happy
You can call me lord..

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

18Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 19:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As I said before -  the build up is too slow - allows them to get 10 men behind the ball most of the time. Playing that way is grand when we have the lead but when down you have to move it faster and get it into the box.
Today Dapo had a miserable game - not sure he controlled a pass or beat a man. Ian should have made subs a little bit earlier --- other than that we still look a decent team so chalk this one off as experience.

19Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 20:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Typical Bolton, massive crowd and we didn't turn up! We just didn't look at it today and Rotherham did their homework on us. They put 2 men on Dapo every time he got the ball but to be honest he didn't play well and looked a bit lethargic to me.

We had plenty of the ball but too many times Doyle was picking up the ball on the half way line or wide right when he should be upfront. We definitely need to get more another striker in January unless Bakayoko can challenge him for the CF role.

We did look a bit off it today but Rotherham will be up there at the end of the season so perhaps today will be a reality check for a lot of fans who expect us to go up again.

20Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 0-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 18 2021, 20:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of crap that was. I can't believe I turned down a foot rub from Eric in favour of watching that shite.

Note to Evans: stop telling the world we love it when teams try to play football against us, because this is what happens. Rotherham did a job on us. Couple of early goals and then park the bus.

We have no plan B, no options on the bench, and the bloke sat next to me had a major B.O. problem.

I love Doyle's work ethic, but I'm still not convinced he's going to score goals at this level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum