Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21

+5
okocha
wessy
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 09:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Oct 05 2021, 20:54; edited 2 times in total

2bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 11:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does anyone really care or going to this?

3bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 11:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Does anyone really care or going to this?
I'll check the score, but it won't be part of my evening's entertainment.

4bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 12:10

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't miss many home matches but if they played this on my lawn i would draw the curtains, Premier league disrespecting established clubs just to give the kids a game. Not for me.

5bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 13:40

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Might be interesting enough to see how some of our also-rans/youngsters shape up, I suppose....

6bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather read Bonce's autobiography.

7bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 14:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd rather read Bonce's autobiography.
I've penned one,Nat, but with the stipulation it can only be published 50 years after my death.

Too many people could be hurt. You might live long enough to read it.

8bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 15:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it written in crayon?

9bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 17:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently it's on LFCTV which I can get via my dodgy Firestick thingy so I'll give it a watch.
Liverpool U21s were murdered by Rochdale so hopefully our fringe players can bag a hatful.

10bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 18:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

11bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 18:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 19:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it written in crayon?
Felt tip pen. I have a tendency to eat crayons.

13bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 20:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it written in crayon?
Felt tip pen. I have a tendency to eat crayons.

I bet you were a nightmare at school. I can picture you now with biro all round your mouth after chewing the end of the pen Very Happy

14bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 21:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

I bet you were a nightmare at school. I can picture you now with biro all round your mouth after chewing the end of the pen Very Happy
Pretty much KP. I also liked smearing that white glue on my arms and face, so that when it dried I could start pulling it off like dead skin. Terrified the more fragile girls in class.

15bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 22:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Pretty much KP. I also liked smearing that white glue on my arms and face, so that when it dried I could start pulling it off like dead skin. Terrified the more fragile girls in class.

Haha! Brings back memories of being in art class with the PVA glue. Very Happy

16bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 22:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a win! White Hot 4! Best result in years!

We're going to Wem-ber-lee!

Two goals for Bakayoko, he must start in place of Doyle on Saturday.

17bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 22:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Brings back memories of being in art class with the PVA glue. Very Happy

That explains a lot of your posts.

18bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Tue Oct 05 2021, 22:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Wed Oct 06 2021, 00:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting game - watched it on LFCTV and had to endure their commentators. First thing is that this was a very young Liverpool side. Most of what we'd call U21s play for their U23 team so this was effectively kids aged 17 to 20 plus Matt Phillipps who'd been put in there to give them some stability at the back - he was immense but it was like when we put out our kids in League 1.
Our second string had some old campaigners in it and we were a class above with 5 "internationals" playing.
For us, Isgrove and Sheehan shone, Delf, Brockbank and Kacha played well and Baka was good when he came on although the penalty he took was awful and it was lucky it went under the diving goalie. But Gilks was poor and his distribution would have been punished by more experienced pros and none of the others did anything that would put them in contention for a starting spot. Baps also looked a bit of a liability TBH. Plenty to think about when recruiting.
Their goalscorer looked like a really strong prospect and they played some good stuff at times creating plenty of chances but their finishing was pants.
In the end, experience won through but it was a good exercise for both teams, albeit for different reasons.

FWIW it's becoming obvious that Kacha is a good team player but he's not a goalscorer. And Baka is OK and is a good target man but he's not a top class finisher like Doyler. If Evatt won't play Baka and Doyler together perhaps he might be better off starting Baka and then swapping him out for Doyle once he's softened them up?

20bolton - Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Liverpool U21 Sat Oct 09 2021, 14:41

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Yes that's a good call, start baka and then bring Doyle on to bag a couple. 

I know people don't rate this as a contest but it's a good way to test our second string, and a good way for prem teams to test out the younger generation without any real risks for either side. And it's better than a friendly.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum