Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton

+9
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wessy
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Whitesince63
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Wed Oct 06 2021, 19:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be a bit tense this one.  Owls fans are generally not happy with Moore's management from what I can tell - but they've got injuries to key players notably Luongo and Windass so performances have been "variable" and they sit mid-table.
Not sure whether Saido Berahino is crocked or not but he's only played four games. That said they've still got a fair bit of talent including our own Barry Bannan (and we've got Kieran Lee Smile)
Their fans reckon we will be overconfident and cocky and generally seem to want to take us down a peg or two but Evatt will be aware of that and hopefully the lads will go into the game fully focussed.
For me that's the key.
If we are switched on and play at our best we will have enough to win this game - anything less and we could be made to suffer and there's always the threat of a Bannan FK into the top bins regardless of who's on top so we'll need to take our chances.
Heart says 0 - 2, Head says 2 - 2.

Won't be joining you for this one lads. Am visiting some old friends this weekend but will be taking my dodgy Firestick thingy in the off chance I can slide off for a couple of hours and watch the match on the quiet. Don't tell the missus Smile

2Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Thu Oct 07 2021, 07:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be happy with a draw against Wednesday, should be a big crowd as well, too big for a league 1 game anyway.

3Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Thu Oct 07 2021, 16:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll take a beating. 3-1 to the Wednesday.

4Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Thu Oct 07 2021, 19:39

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This is certainly one we can win. Wednesday aren’t playing well, are a little slow and suspect at the back. Leave out the name Sheffield Wednesday and they’re no different to any other club. Since we seem to be able to perform far better away from home, I’m going for a good win for Whites, so I’ll go for a 2-0 win to Wanderers. There will be a big crowd and we can use that to get them to get on the backs of their team if we go ahead.

5Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Fri Oct 08 2021, 04:25

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This one could go either way for me. Wednesday should be the better side but they haven’t got their shit together yet and we need to take advantage of that before the next few games which will be difficult to pick up points. If we get the first goal I fancy us to go on to win it. Their fans are unhappy with their manager and could put them under pressure if we go ahead. An away point would be good but if we have aspirations to finish in the top 6 we need to win this one. A really good fixture to gauge where we sit in this league.

6Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Fri Oct 08 2021, 13:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Evatt keep the same team as last game and let Lee play against his old club? If he does then he'll get a great reception as they loved him at Wednesday but will Evatt care about that?

7Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Fri Oct 08 2021, 18:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Will Evatt keep the same team as last game and let Lee play against his old club? If he does then he'll get a great reception as they loved him at Wednesday but will Evatt care about that?

Well if he drops Lee the way he’s playing at the moment it would not only be a disappointment but an insult. How can you drop someone who has been hugely instrumental in our last two wins? I know IE has difficult decisions to make but I actually think Lee and not Sheehan is an easy and obvious one.

More difficult is whether to start Baka instead of either Doyle or Isgrove? Again, I think he’ll start Doyle and bring back Isgrove, who for me links up far better down the right with Jones than Baka does. Besides that, it’s nice to have a couple of attacking players in Baka and Josh, who can come on late in the game and change it.

Whatever team he picks, I’m feeling confident that we’ll come away with the points and heap even more pressure on Darren and his boys!! SmileSmile

8Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Fri Oct 08 2021, 18:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 11:47

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its a tough one this but if we are on to it from the start then its a big pitch and Dapo should have plenty of the ball, normally you would say first goal is crucial, but this team does come back in games so another positive, We have goals in the team so anything is possible, i agree with Whites you get blinded by the name Sheffield Wednesday, The key for me is keep Bannan off the ball give him space and we get punished.

10Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 12:07

Excited for this one, first Saturday with no plans so I’ll be getting a VPN and watching. Big statement if we can go and win it, can see the players being up for it.

11Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 13:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Excited for this one, first Saturday with no plans so I’ll be getting a VPN and watching. Big statement if we can go and win it, can see the players being up for it.
Join me in Finland. After the game we can beat each other with birch twigs. Shocked

12Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 14:01

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

13Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 14:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

14Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 17:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disappointing result.  Need to be more clinical in the final 3rd

15Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 17:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another game we could, and should, have won by a couple.

16Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 19:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear me, what a load of crap. Can't believe I went to Finland with Bonce to watch that utter shite.

A poor team made us look even poorer. We were too slow and lacked any ideas. The crossing was embarrassing at times, I do wonder how professional footballers can get to this level of football and still hit the first man 75% of the time. Dreadful.

Out attack is toothless. Is it just one goal from open play for Doyle now? Evans should drop him, we don't want another Crellin situation. Having said that, who would replace him? Neither Kachunga & Bakayoko look to have goals in them.

I hope Evans stops the daily bollocks about how great this set of players are. They weren't great today and they need to be told so. And the fans need to hear it.

17Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 20:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Same report as the many of our past games --- the build up is too fooking slow. Too much backwards and sideways passing - not a single chip that I can remember over the middle for a player to run on to.
There is a unwillingness to get the ball crossed early - we start doing that after a goal down and 5 minutes left in the game. Either our mid-field players are not good enough to play a telling thru ball or have been told to pass it out wide to Dapo - who then attempts to beat three men and give the ball away.
We are a decent mid table team right now - nothing more nothing less.

18Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 21:03

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Out attack is toothless. Is it just one goal from open play for Doyle now? Evans should drop him, we don't want another Crellin situation. Having said that, who would replace him? Neither Kachunga & Bakayoko look to have goals in them.
From what I’ve seen Doyle is still the best option up front. Unless he tries playing him with Bakayoko I don’t see what else he can try. I can’t see what purpose Kachunga serves and strongly suspect he won’t improve. We need more goals from midfield and the big lads to get on the end of some set pieces.

19Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sat Oct 09 2021, 22:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So which is it? 
Some people think we were awful and others think that we were unfortunate not only to lose but to not take all three points.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Empty Re: Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Bolton Sun Oct 10 2021, 00:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:So which is it? 
Some people think we were awful and others think that we were unfortunate not only to lose but to not take all three points.
I don’t think we were particularly good today but we were certainly more than a match for Wednesday. Like almost every game I’ve seen (all on iFollow) bar a couple where we were much the better team, we’ve been pretty much evenly matched with the opposition and any game could have gone either way.
For me, we do create chances but the finishing is lacking. The defence (defense?) is no better or worse than any other in this league and while we could improve it won’t be the make or break. We need a clinical finisher for this level as everyone else does but I don’t blame Doyle for not being that. As much as I admire his play he’s just ok in L1 and that isn’t going to change.
Our midfield is a whole other conversation and most likely the difference between a play off spot and a 10th place finish if Evatt can’t either coach or spend to improve it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum