Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The Bullshit Papers

The Bullshit Papers

+4
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1The Bullshit Papers Empty The Bullshit Papers Sat Oct 09 2021, 12:54

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Don't ask me why but I was wondering yesterday what Deano might be doing for a living these days.

Could Dr Holdsworth be on Universal Credit and looking at a £20 a week drop in his income? Could he be picking broccoli in Lincolnshire on £30 an hour? What happened to those two businesses he told the Grauniad about and that they told anyone daft enough to believe 'em that Deano was a business tycoon that had led the 'consortium' to buy Bolton Wanderers.

Anyway just to prove that the Grauniad and the Beeno don't have a monopoly on bullshit here's a classic from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4095752/Bolton-s-Dean-Holdsworth-Crazy-Gang-days.html

2The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Oct 09 2021, 13:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why wasn't I told?
The Bullshit Papers Headline_10

3The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Oct 09 2021, 13:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Why wasn't I told?
The Bullshit Papers Headline_10

A bit of trivia.

On the picture of the paper you've posted, the ship that first came to the Titanic's rescue is the Carpathia.

The captain of the ship was a Bolton lad - Arthur Rostron!

Sir Arthur Henry Rostron, KBE, RD, RNR (14 May 1869 – 4 November 1940) was a British merchant seaman and a seagoing officer for the Cunard Line. He is best remembered as the captain of the ocean liner RMS Carpathia when it rescued hundreds of survivors from the RMS Titanic after the latter ship sank in 1912 in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean.

Rostron won wide praise for his energetic efforts to reach the Titanic before she sank, and his efficient preparations for and conduct of the rescue of the survivors. He was awarded a Congressional Gold Medal by the United States Congress, and in 1926, he was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire. He rose to become the Commodore of the Cunard fleet and retired in 1931

More here -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rostron

4The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Oct 09 2021, 13:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy. Here he is, in his own words.

5The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sat Oct 09 2021, 22:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might add that the Captain of the Titanic was married in Warrington in 1887, and, for some time lived at The Poplars, on Liverpool Road.

6The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sun Oct 10 2021, 07:50

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:I might add that the Captain of the Titanic was married in Warrington in 1887, and, for some time lived at The Poplars, on Liverpool Road.
I'm pleased to know that, Boncey, but if you'll forgive me, I doubt that it qualifies as bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship

Four years before the Grauniad published this piece of purest bullshit, BWFC was in the Premiership.  In the following year the club reported losses of £50m. Don't you think that anyone, even vaguely normal, would have asked some questions about Dr Holdsworth's financial standing and where the £7.5m had come from?

P.S. I trust that your window cleaner doesn't tell everybody that he's an 'upstairs person'.

7The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Sun Oct 10 2021, 09:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I'm pleased to know that, Boncey, but if you'll forgive me, I doubt that it qualifies as bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship

Four years before the Grauniad published this piece of purest bullshit, BWFC was in the Premiership.  In the following year the club reported losses of £50m. Don't you think that anyone, even vaguely normal, would have asked some questions about Dr Holdsworth's financial standing and where the £7.5m had come from?

P.S. I trust that your window cleaner doesn't tell everybody that he's an 'upstairs person'.
Our window cleaner hasn't been for three weeks, so I'm a bit worried about him. His uncle John, by the way, drew Bananaman, as well as many other characters in the Beano/Dandy/Topper/Sparky. I was like a kid in a sweet shop when I found out.

8The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 10:26

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Our window cleaner hasn't been for three weeks, so I'm a bit worried about him. His uncle John, by the way, drew Bananaman, as well as many other characters in the Beano/Dandy/Topper/Sparky. I was like a kid in a sweet shop when I found out.
If your window cleaner also had a milk round, Boncey, he could be a tycoon like two-business Deano.

Anyroad here's a nice little piece from the Mirror, one of Nuts by Okocha's favoured news sources:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/amir-khan-dean-holdsworth-set-6852906

And it was backed up by the esteemed one in the Beeno, no less:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14117496.boxer-amir-khan-confirms-his-backing-for-sport-shield-consortium-in-bolton-wanderers-takeover-bid/

Loved this comment from Riggins44 in the Beeno:


'It's been common knowledge for days that the Holdsworth bid would be self-funded with any money coming directly from Holdsworth and Collins' personal finances.

Marc Iles reported it in this very paper'.

9The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 12:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from The Beano, Private Eye, and When Saturday Comes, I'm pretty much print free when it comes to news. 
Keeps me sane. And despite what anyone on here says, I am sane. I am. Most certainly.
By the way, have you heard Iles on the Buff podcast?

10The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 16:32

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Apart from The Beano, Private Eye, and When Saturday Comes, I'm pretty much print free when it comes to news. 
Keeps me sane. And despite what anyone on here says, I am sane. I am. Most certainly.
By the way, have you heard Iles on the Buff podcast?
Not for me, Boncey. The thought of hearing Iles on the Buff sounds just as alluring as seeing him in the buff. There's no accounting for taste though, is there?

P.S. You don't have to buy the papers to have your daily bowl of bullshit. Most of 'em put it out online for free.

11The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 17:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Not for me, Boncey. The thought of hearing Iles on the Buff sounds just as alluring as seeing him in the buff. There's no accounting for taste though, is there?

P.S. You don't have to buy the papers to have your daily bowl of bullshit. Most of 'em put it out online for free.
That's what I meant. I'll read the online pieces, but that's about it.
By the way, with regard to The Buff podcast, you're missing very little.

12The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 17:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Not for me, Boncey. The thought of hearing Iles on the Buff sounds just as alluring as seeing him in the buff. There's no accounting for taste though, is there?

P.S. You don't have to buy the papers to have your daily bowl of bullshit. Most of 'em put it out online for free.
That's what I meant. I'll read the online pieces, but that's about it.
By the way, with regard to The Buff podcast, you're missing very little.

I listened to some of his first ones and commented on here how shit I thought they were.

I also thought the same about the one that Radio Manchester with Dearden and Tetlow (ST Board) do...

Can't believe people listen to such utter guff but each to their own I suppose.

Not exactly comparing like with like but look what a wonderful job the young Wigan fan did with his video interviews at the time of Wigan's Administration and set it beside these two woeful podcasts...

Chalk and cheese or perhaps better described as sublime to the ridiculous.

13The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 19:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the wanderer podcast.  Tried the buff, but not my cup of tea.

14The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Mon Oct 11 2021, 22:00

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
That's what I meant. I'll read the online pieces, but that's about it.
By the way, with regard to The Buff podcast, you're missing very little.
Suffice unto the day, Boncey. Maybe tomorrow we can sample and savour another bucket load of bullshit. I have in mind the Grauniad's recruitment of Maggie Tetlow to its talented team of bullshit shovellers.

15The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 07:52

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

But before we get to Maggie Tetlow's contribution to the Grauniad's bullshit heap here's something for The Sun lovers. Poor old Deano had been suffering in silence!!!!!!!!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2826201/bolton-chief-dean-holdsworth-blasts-co-owner-ken-anderson-as-pair-fall-out-over-funds/

16The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 08:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is 4 years old.

17The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 08:31

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:This is 4 years old.
4 years old and written for those with a mental age of 14. 

But you see BTID, the bullshitters are like the poor, they are always with us and its not even four months since the intelligentsia at Unibol decided that Dean Holdsworth was worth an honorary doctorate.

18The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 09:01

Ten Bobsworth


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anyway here's another large dollop of bullshit. This time its from the Express and kind of topical with Ron Martin ending Browny's second stint at Sarfend over the weekend.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/646529/Bolton-Dean-Holdsworth-Phil-Brown-Southend-Championship-Neil-Lennon-Sport-Shield-News

19The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 09:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The birth of Jesus was a Mail headline at the time.

WE WERE FOLLOWING YONDER STAR': UNLIKELY CLAIM BY THREE WISE MEN HELD AT CUSTOMS

20The Bullshit Papers Empty Re: The Bullshit Papers Tue Oct 12 2021, 09:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then there was the Telegraph's take on the Joan of Arc story.

JOAN DEAD. ENGLAND RETAIN ASHES

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum