Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plymouth 3-0 Bolton

+5
Bolton Nuts
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
wanderlust
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Oct 17 2021, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top of the league Plymouth host us on Tuesday - a game I wouldn't have fancied our chances in anyway, but with a string of injuries and suspensions to key players including Santos at the back it looks like we're on a hiding to nothing.
Even the manager is banned from the touchline.
Maybe this is a game that Evatt can try out a different system and approach? Why not?
No point in flogging the same dead horse with players he normally wouldn't start anyway is there? For me, this is a free hit and if he learns something from it than can provide an option when the full team is available, all the better.

2bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Oct 17 2021, 15:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not looking good for Tuesday is it? I can only see a defeat at the moment. We are struggling at full back and Doyle can't score.

Do you give Brocky another go at RB? If not who plays there? Isgrove can do it but he's not a FB. Gordon seems up and down at LB as well. Baps will come in to partner Johnston i'm guessing?

If Sarcevic is injured then Sheehan should play further forward and Thomason should play alongside Williams. It may be time to give Bakayoko a go down the middle and put Doyle on the bench as well.

3bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Oct 17 2021, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Evans uses the same players I predict a thrashing.

If they can't perform in front of a large crowd of their own fans, what chance away at top of the league?

Plymouth 5-0 Bolton.

4bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Oct 17 2021, 17:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Evans uses the same players I predict a thrashing.
With injuries and suspensions he won't be able to even if he wanted to - hence the opportunity to try playing a different way.

5bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Sun Oct 17 2021, 17:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are going to get spanked.

6bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Oct 18 2021, 00:00

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote:Top of the league Plymouth host us on Tuesday - a game I wouldn't have fancied our chances in anyway, but with a string of injuries and suspensions to key players including Santos at the back it looks like we're on a hiding to nothing.
Even the manager is banned from the touchline.
Maybe this is a game that Evatt can try out a different system and approach? Why not?
No point in flogging the same dead horse with players he normally wouldn't start anyway is there? For me, this is a free hit and if he learns something from it than can provide an option when the full team is available, all the better.

I totally agree with this. 
Its a free pass. 
I hope he uses it to see what other options we have. 
I don't mean go all defensive, but I mean try two up top, even if it's only for use as a back up in future games. 

........... Keeper

Brock... Johnstone... Bap... Gordon

Isgrove....... MJ..... Thomason... Dapo

.............. Baka......... Doyle

Strongish bench
Lee
Sheehan
Kachunga

The 442 would help give the inexperienced full backs a bit of extra protection. And the two up front might be able to apply some extra pressure at the other end.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

7bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Oct 18 2021, 18:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Oct 18 2021, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Its a free pass. 

:facepalm:

Only an armchair fan would claim a game is a "free pass".

9bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Oct 18 2021, 19:44

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Both full backs and our best center half all out ---- long away trip on a Tuesday night Evil or Very Mad 

I live in hope but can't see anything but a good old hammering...... a draw would be a great result considering.

10bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Mon Oct 18 2021, 19:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Both full backs and our best center half all out ---- long away trip on a Tuesday night Evil or Very Mad 

I live in hope but can't see anything but a good old hammering...... a draw would be a great result considering.
Not that bad a trip. When I went in '68 we left Burnden at midnight, arrived in Plymouth at 1pm, and had time for some fish and chips and a stroll round the tiny zoo. And we won.
After the game I went in the club shop and bought a black and green Argyle scarf for 50p, and told everyone I'd taken it off a big Plymouth supporter. No one believed me of course.

11bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 18:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sarcevic and Doyle on the bench!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 19:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm getting my bedsheets ready.

13bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 19:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live for those who like punishment!

14bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live for those who like punishment!

Is it audio from your dungeon? Is BTID still in his gimp suit?

15bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 19:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live for those who like punishment!

Is it audio from your dungeon? Is BTID still in his gimp suit?

No but it would have been more fun to listen to that's for sure! Very Happy

16bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 21:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Norpig wrote:Sarcevic and Doyle on the bench!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I wish they would list the players in position order rather than squad number order. It makes it really hard to imagine the layout of the team. 

Like I mentioned above too, it's a free roll of the dice. It's a good thing to give Sarce a break and use him for a game we can win. But today was the time to go with two up top.

17bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 21:38

Bolton Nuts

Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 21:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm in my sick bed. Can I take it I didn't miss much?

19bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 22:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely dreadful 1st half. Lots of the ball but did nowt with it as usual. Stopped watching at half-time so can't comment on the second half.

Evans out.

20bolton - Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Empty Re: Plymouth 3-0 Bolton Tue Oct 19 2021, 22:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very frustrating on a number of levels but mainly it was sticking to the system and style of play that got us murdered at the weekend.
TBH after we gifted them two goals it felt like Plymouth sat on their laurels and opened the door for us to push on which we did to some extent especially in the second half but despite bringing on Sarce, Doyler and Kacha the outcome was the same as usual - little real threat and that's down to the system.
Missed opportunity to play Baka and Doyler as a partnership and go to 352 - especially as Brocky and Gordon were poor. I'd rather have kept Baka on and instead of Kacha I'd have brought on Thomason for Brocky and packed the midfield with two up top - Plymouth were just asking for it.

But the opportunity came and went.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum