Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt relishing Stockport County FA Cup tie

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt relishing Stockport County FA Cup tie 12945424

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is relishing his side’s upcoming FA Cup tie against non-league Stockport County.

The Hatters will make the short journey to the UniBol on the weekend of Saturday, November 6.

Evatt is looking forward to coming up against a couple of familiar faces, and is expecting a great atmosphere.

“It’s a great game,” he said. “A big and well-supported club who are in the National League at the minute, which is an absolute graveyard.

“There are some big teams in that division. Fortunately, I got out of it.

“I have no doubt they will sell out the away end here, and as a North West derby it should be a really good game.

“They have a couple of lads I have worked with before, John Rooney and Scott Quigley, who are very good players, and others we know about like Paddy Madden.

“It will be a difficult one but a good one.”

The sides haven’t met since 2002 when the Whites ran out 4-1 winners in the FA Cup thanks to goals from Gudni Bergsson, Henrik Pedersen and Michael Ricketts, plus a Karim Fradin own goal.

They also met in the historic competition on two other occasions, in 1947 and 1909, with Wanderers winning both games convincingly.

Simon Rusk’s side are currently 10th in the Conference and are currently on a three-game unbeaten run in the league.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has "dark day in our history" written all over it.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum