Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt gives Amaechi injury update

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ian Evatt gives Amaechi injury update Empty Ian Evatt gives Amaechi injury update Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:39 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt gives Amaechi injury update 13135895

Wanderers boss Ian Evatt is expecting on-loan winger Xavier Amaechi to return to full training early next month.

Amaechi joined the Whites on loan from Hamburg over the summer but is yet to make his competitive debut after suffering a fractured metatarsal against Preston in a pre-season friendly.

The former Arsenal youngster – who has represented England at Under-20 level – revealed on social media he was back on the grass earlier this month.

Evatt says the winger is making good progress as he continues his journey back from injury and is looking forward to having him back in training.

“He’s doing well. He’s having to build-up slowly. His attitude and application to his rehab has been first class,” said the Bolton boss.

“He’s very fit. Now it’s just about building it up, building up his sharpness.

“We’ve not had him back in training yet but I think that will probably be the first week in November, and then from that getting him fully up to speed and ready to play again.”

It is understood that Wanderers have approached Hamburg over the possibility of extending Amaechi's loan deal.

The winger will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of Will Aimson, who made his first league appearance for the Whites over the weekend.

Aimson also suffered an injury early in his Bolton career, being kept out of action for several weeks due to a groin problem.

The defender played the second half against Gillingham alongside new captain Ricardo Santos after George Johnston was forced off with a knee problem.

Evatt was pleased with Aimson’s performance against the Gills and praised the former Plymouth man for being patient.

He added: “I’m delighted for him because he had a rough start, he got injured, fitness levels weren’t where they needed to be because he missed a lot of pre-season and it’s taken time.

“I’d say probably the last three or four weeks he’s been fully up to speed and it’s just about being patient and waiting for his opportunity.

“I must say, the way he’s conducted himself when he’s not been in the team and how supportive he’s been to the group has been outstanding and that’s how you should behave, so credit to him.

“He’s been a huge squad member for us and he’s stepped in and taken his chance and that is what football’s all about.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum