Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The injury slash playing with injury list...

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We are having our fair share of injuries, suspensions and illnesses cropping up all at once (over our recent poor run of results).

What's the definitive list of who is out, and who is playing with illness or injury.

As I understand it

Gethin Jones
Andrew Tutte 
Doyle

And in recent games, John, Santos, Afolayon, Williams, Amaechi, Sheehan, Lee, Bakyoko (and the loss of Sarcevic) have all been either out injured, off sick, or played whilst injured or sick or been have been missing while suspended.

That's a huge chunk of our team. Meaning we have played with a bare bones set up, players out of position, forced formations or been using players who have come back from injury before they are ready...

We don't have a deep squad but I think we can be very strong when we get a few back, or when we bring players in during January. 

I asked this question before, but what needs strengthening the most to give us depth?

Loan a good right back who can play anywhere at the back of needed. Use him at right back till Jones is back. Then use him to partner Santos.

Get one solid centre mid. Use him as a first choice next to MJ. Rotate the others, Lee and Sheehan.

They have to be our main priority. 

It would be difficult to add another striker unless we fully expect to be dropping at least two out of Baka, Doyle, Kacha and Amaechi.

Dixon

Jones
John
Santos
New CB

Isgrove
MJ
New CM
(Sheehan or Lee) 
Afolayon 

Doyle

With a bench/backup of